British Columbia's NDP Government: 2017

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: British Columbia's NDP Government: 2017

Postby Urbane » Dec 3rd, 2017, 7:54 pm

Nice of Horgan to say he's going to call a by-election in Kelowna West. He's told us that he just didn't have time to sign that piece of paper over the past few months. Waaaaay too much work but it looks like he might find time to do it now that the legislative session is over.

The vacant seat in the legislature left by former premier and Kelowna West MLA Christy Clark's resignation will be filled before the government begins debating the budget in February.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#213155
"Spectemur agendo"

2 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 11181 posts

Postby LordEd » Dec 4th, 2017, 8:57 am

Doesn't matter as much. With the speaker filled by a liberal, that seat has less of a strategic importance.

Queen K likes this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2230 posts

Postby Leifer » Dec 4th, 2017, 1:16 pm

“I think the positive changes we've seen in the short time we've been in government will give people here pause and rather than just instinctively vote Liberal, they're going to think about their options and the best choice for them, and I think the best choice will be Shelley Cook,” Horgan said.

Lol.
Nice work Johnyboy!
Insult Kelowna West's electorate leading up to the by-election.
Because hell.....we don't think before we vote....we just make our mark and carry on.
Ayup! yuk yuk yuk. [icon_lol2.gif]

Truly a wonder to behold.
Hearts and minds Johnyboy......hearts and minds.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

3 people like this post.
Leifer
Board Meister

Liked in: 868 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 4th, 2017, 2:58 pm

So he's running a candidate for that seat, damned he didn't and damned now that he is going to.

Make up your MINDS!
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13015 posts

Postby Rider59 » Dec 4th, 2017, 3:17 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 5th, 2017, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic

2 people like this post.
Rider59
Board Meister

Liked in: 469 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 5th, 2017, 7:06 am

Horgan and his BFF Corrigan are pushing hard to screw us out of $7.4 billion in jobs and investment. These idiots should be strung up for treason.

In its 2018 guidance, the company said it expects existing assets including its existing Trans Mountain pipeline and its rail and storage facilities to perform well, but is concerned about permit delays at its $7.4-billion pipeline expansion project.

The company has filed motions with the National Energy Board to resolve delays related to Burnaby, B.C., with oral arguments heard at the regulator's headquarters Monday.

Kinder Morgan Canada says it can't commit to major construction spending until it has more clarity on key permits, approvals and the judicial review, and that the project is potentially already delayed nine months due mostly to challenges with the regulatory process.

https://www.bnn.ca/kinder-morgan-pushes ... D=17927516
Hey Horgan, orange and green mixed together make brown, and that's the colour of crap!

Rwede likes this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3492 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 5th, 2017, 7:13 am

Urbane wrote:Nice of Horgan to say he's going to call a by-election in Kelowna West. He's told us that he just didn't have time to sign that piece of paper over the past few months. Waaaaay too much work but it looks like he might find time to do it now that the legislative session is over.

The vacant seat in the legislature left by former premier and Kelowna West MLA Christy Clark's resignation will be filled before the government begins debating the budget in February.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#213155

Absolutely a low class act by Horgan to start dissing Ben Stewart during a formal announcement. Horgan is too stupid and too classless to understand that formal announcements are for the benefit of the citizens, not the NDP. What a complete *bleep* that puffed up slob Horgan is!

“This community will have had four elections in four years after the next byelection, and that says to me that the Liberals believe that the people in this region can be traded back and forth from one to another,” Horgan said.

“I believe that the notion of giving up your seat and then getting a patronage appointment, I think for many, was quite unseemly.”
Hey Horgan, orange and green mixed together make brown, and that's the colour of crap!

5 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3492 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Dec 5th, 2017, 11:33 am

^^ Because Horgan, his idiotic pal Heyman, and demovictions Derek Corrigan are pursuing an unconstitutional course of action, they are setting up the province and the city of Burnaby for a massive lawsuit loss to K-M. It may take time, but every artificial delay costs K-M $$$, their lawyers are already tallying those costs. When the project is complete, the lawsuit will be launched. IF, on the other hand, Horgan and Corrigan gin up enough "bulldozer martyrs" to stop the project, then the lawsuit will be even larger.

I foresee 5-7 years of legal bills for the taxpayer, and likely a huge settlement at the end.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Heyman in particular has spread a lot of anti-science, anti-law (anarchist) rhetoric and false information about this project. The BC NDP have trapped themselves into a position that is a lose-lose. Rather than take the adult and science based position, they will martyr themselves, the province, and the city of Burnaby. In the process they will also martyr any chance of the Alberta NDP getting re-elected, and with that will die serious efforts to curb GHGs in Alberta.

In the end, the BC NDP will accomplish less than nothing, and are working against Alberta's and Canada's efforts to reduce GHGs. The myopic LEAP faction the BC NDP is completely toxic and irrational.

Yes, the NGP project was poorly conceived, in the wrong place and with far too much damage and high risk.

The TMX being built is an entirely different context, and it makes sense, carries only statistically, factually, and scientifically insignificant risks for a great deal of benefit.
Dimples - "just not ready"
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 9256 posts

Postby Rwede » Dec 5th, 2017, 12:08 pm

hobbyguy wrote:^^ Because Horgan, his idiotic pal Heyman, and demovictions Derek Corrigan are pursuing an unconstitutional course of action, they are setting up the province and the city of Burnaby for a massive lawsuit loss to K-M. It may take time, but every artificial delay costs K-M $$$, their lawyers are already tallying those costs. When the project is complete, the lawsuit will be launched. IF, on the other hand, Horgan and Corrigan gin up enough "bulldozer martyrs" to stop the project, then the lawsuit will be even larger.

I foresee 5-7 years of legal bills for the taxpayer, and likely a huge settlement at the end.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Heyman in particular has spread a lot of anti-science, anti-law (anarchist) rhetoric and false information about this project. The BC NDP have trapped themselves into a position that is a lose-lose. Rather than take the adult and science based position, they will martyr themselves, the province, and the city of Burnaby. In the process they will also martyr any chance of the Alberta NDP getting re-elected, and with that will die serious efforts to curb GHGs in Alberta.

In the end, the BC NDP will accomplish less than nothing, and are working against Alberta's and Canada's efforts to reduce GHGs. The myopic LEAP faction the BC NDP is completely toxic and irrational.

Yes, the NGP project was poorly conceived, in the wrong place and with far too much damage and high risk.

The TMX being built is an entirely different context, and it makes sense, carries only statistically, factually, and scientifically insignificant risks for a great deal of benefit.

KM loses $75 million per month that Horgan's actions cause delays. BC taxpayers are going to be on the hook for that, unfortunately.

It should be the BC NDP paying for that loss. These delays have nothing to do with the province of BC, as they are just a BC NDP partisan issue.

Horgan has no mandate to expose BC taxpayers to such losses.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

2 people like this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5121 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 5th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Rwede wrote:KM loses $75 million per month that Horgan's actions cause delays. BC taxpayers are going to be on the hook for that, unfortunately.

It should be the BC NDP paying for that loss. These delays have nothing to do with the province of BC, as they are just a BC NDP partisan issue.

Horgan has no mandate to expose BC taxpayers to such losses.

The NDP is already bankrupt, what do they care about another bill on their account?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Rwede likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3434 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 6th, 2017, 5:35 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4436180

Good God the NDP are monsters! monsters I tell you! Accelerating up grades on 6 BC school water systems which are found to be higher than acceptable in lead?
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.

maryjane48 likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Rwede » Dec 6th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Queen K wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/clean-water-school-bc-1.4436180

Good God the NDP are monsters! monsters I tell you! Accelerating up grades on 6 BC school water systems which are found to be higher than acceptable in lead?

Which union is getting the contracts?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Queen K » Dec 6th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Rwede wrote:
Queen K wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/clean-water-school-bc-1.4436180

Which union is getting the contracts?

Why didn't any union get the contracts for the last 16 years? :135:

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Rwede » Dec 6th, 2017, 5:44 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 7th, 2017, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 6th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Facts are unions build bc and canada and will continue to lead the way while fake unions look to corrupt rightwing govts to get a job
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2666 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room