Call it a date! BC Election gambit

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Call it a date! BC Election gambit

Post by Queen K »

I know a great many people are guessing there will be a new election out the ashes of the last one. So, what is your best guess when this whole government will be so dissolute that a new election will be called?
For NO particular reason, I've picked October 2nd, a Monday, as the day a new election will be called and November 24th, a Friday as Election Day.

I will take a calendar and write down ALL guesses from everybody. The winner will be the closest guess to each date. You will win nothing but a " :130: Good Going!"

This might be fun.

I have nothing to go on for my guess, but if you want to reason it out your guess, that might be fun too if it matches the real reason an election is called.

Happy Guessing: May the Force be with you. Pretend these are light sabers ----> :fence:

All months will be listed as months come in. I resisted categorizing according to political leaning. :up:

Castanet Poster's Best Stab at Guessing 1. When an Election is called and 2. When the Election will Take Place.

September 2017

Mr. Bandaid. ("Less than a week")

October 2017

Seewood
Old Techie

November 2017

The Green Barbarian (Nov. 15)
HobbyGuy (Mid-Nov)
GordonH (Nov. 21)
Lord Ed (Nov. 23, call for Election date.)
Queen K (Nov. 24)

December 2017

Lord Ed (Dec. 19 (Election date)

I'll list months as guesses for them come in. Fast Track to 2018.

April 2018

Shakedown

May 2018

Urbane (May 1 - 31)
Carrs Landing Viking
Alfred2
BeingHuman

October 2021

Lasnomadas
RichardClank
Last edited by Queen K on Jul 6th, 2017, 10:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Call it a date! BC Election gambit

Post by Urbane »

I expect an election sometime in 2018. Maybe May but more likely a year from this fall. While the new government has a razor thin majority the Liberals need time to re-organize with a new leader.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So do I mark you down for May 1 - 31/2018? And you sound rather optimistic with a prediction like that. :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Queen K wrote:So do I mark you down for May 1 - 31/2018? And you sound rather optimistic with a prediction like that. :135:
I'll go with May 2018. Predicting isn't my strong suit though! Not a good track record. Just being honest.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I predict the autumn of 2021, on whatever day the NDP chooses. The BC Liberal party, in the meantime, will try to hold their party together and look unsuccessfully for a leader who can lie as well as their previous leader who will have quit the party to become the leader of the BC Conservatives. The BC Liberals and the BC Conservatives will be duking it out to see which of them takes second place in the next election, and which will end up battling it out with the fringe parties.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

lasnomadas wrote:I predict the autumn of 2021, on whatever day the NDP chooses. The BC Liberal party, in the meantime, will try to hold their party together and look unsuccessfully for a leader who can lie as well as their previous leader who will have quit the party to become the leader of the BC Conservatives. The BC Liberals and the BC Conservatives will be duking it out to see which of them takes second place in the next election, and which will end up battling it out with the fringe parties.

Says an out of touch with reality NDP'er.

I also predict a May 2018 election.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

may 2018, it will blow up by then, but libs need to regroup so they will keep bully in power till then. unless ndp does a very stupid thing which is very easy to do with their mind set. [icon_lol2.gif]
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I am hoping that we can get Horgan out and the unholy alliance defeated before the end of the year. That would be the best Christmas present you could ever give BC.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Mid October election. ( 2017)
I am not wealthy but I am rich
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Within the first week of sitting, Karma is a biatch.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Mid October this year would be my guess.

I simply don't see a deadlocked house being good for much.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Mid November IF the Liberals decide to stay with Christy Clark.

IF the Liberals decide that they wish to replace Ms. Clark, then May 2018.

ALL of that contingent on the NDP NOT putting forward doofus legislation.

My gut tells me that Ms. Clark will take a break, then set about repairing her reputation, which has been unfairly maligned. Then we get an election. So mid November is my primary bet.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Lets see... first day of legislature Sept 11. 1 week throne speech plus a few days delay when they pre-introduce the green party status motion moves it to 18th...

Give them 2 months of either not being able to pass legislation or hearing how invalid their government is with a biased speaker....

I'll slot November 23th.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

October 18, 2017.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Queen, edit your top post and update it with specific guesses to see what's taken.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.

Return to “B.C.”