Call it a date! BC Election gambit

BeingHuman
Board Meister

Re: Call it a date! BC Election gambit

Post by BeingHuman »

I will go with Spring - Summer of 2018, election called in May, Election day early June.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
shakeman
Fledgling

Post by shakeman »

Great idea for this thread Queen K. This could be good fun.

Since this thread is for fun I am going with April 1, 2018 for the writ to drop. I will add a second date if I may. February 14 for BC’s credit rating will drop a notch. What better day to say I love you from a credit rating agency than Valentines day.

But seriously I do think it will be a spring election. The Liberals need time to get their troops aligned to the new polices and hopefully get a new leader who is truly in sync with those polices and will be able to sincerely promote them on the hustings. And they need time to show voters that they can play nice with others by voting in favour of some measures the NDG will bring forward. And then there is the rope issue; the Liberals need to allow sufficient time for the NDP the braid a lengthy enough piece of rope to hang themselves. As good as they are at self destruction you must allow for at least a half year.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Welcome to the game Shakeman, I believe you've got a good group of up coming new friends here who are going to appreciate your dry wit. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Knowing the BC Legislature is now got a deadlock 43 members of Government & 43 members in Opposition. Tells me 3rd readings of any legislation is most likely dead in the water.

New election will be soon, less then a year
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

LordEd wrote:Queen, edit your top post and update it with specific guesses to see what's taken.

Mostly people are holding their cards tight to their chest and being very unspecific. But I will keep a running tab up top for who says what.

I could make it more interesting by placing posters in their self identified category: Conservative, Disgusted Conservative, NDP supporter, Alliance Supporter, Green, Centerist. Let me think on that one.

I see where I went wrong, I didn't add an "Etc." after Centerist. :chicken: Trust GB to find it. :up:
Last edited by Queen K on Jun 30th, 2017, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:
Mostly people are holding their cards tight to their chest and being very unspecific. But I will keep a running tab up top for who says what.

I could make it more interesting by placing posters in their self identified category: Conservative, Disgusted Conservative, NDP supporter, Alliance Supporter, Green, Centerist. Let me think on that one.

How about someone who is disgusted with NDP and Green supporters?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Did I have to list all of them? :135:

Okay, I'll edit my original post and get the lists going. Still not sure about the categorizing though, some people don't want to be pigeon holed.

Maybe "Other" would do?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I think the better bet would be "when the NDG fall how long do they cling to the power before they are forced to actually have an election"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Knowing the BC Legislature is now got a deadlock 43 members of Government & 43 members in Opposition. Tells me 3rd readings of any legislation is most likely dead in the water.

New election will be soon, less then a year

Oh yeah, BC needs a Budget passed very soon..... 43 to 43 hmmm..... not going to pass.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I am hoping that we can get Horgan out and the unholy alliance defeated before the end of the year. That would be the best Christmas present you could ever give BC.

Yes you would, so do I put you down for a Dec. 1 election?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:I am hoping that we can get Horgan out and the unholy alliance defeated before the end of the year. That would be the best Christmas present you could ever give BC.

Yes you would, so do I put you down for a Dec. 1 election?

Nov 15th
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Done. And a guess as to when the election will actually be called?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

LordEd wrote:Lets see... first day of legislature Sept 11. 1 week throne speech plus a few days delay when they pre-introduce the green party status motion moves it to 18th...

Give them 2 months of either not being able to pass legislation or hearing how invalid their government is with a biased speaker....

I'll slot November 23th.

It's like we're in the Price is Right and you've bid one dollar down. :135:
Is your bid for an Election Date, or the call for a future Election?
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

I did math on loss of confidence. So I guess call for a future election date.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Dec 19 election date
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.

Return to “B.C.”