Call it a date! BC Election gambit

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Call it a date! BC Election gambit

Post by GordonH »

November 21, 2017
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay I got that your guess is for the day of the election, is that right GordonH?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

This is a pointless topic, Queen K. All you've done is give the disgruntled BC Liberal fans another topic on which to spew their venom.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's not a "topic" so much as a guessing game. I know there are many who are predicting a new election in all different threads so I decided to unify all of those predictions here.

You do realize that after 16 years of being in the opposition, the Lt. Gv. has given the NDP a chance to actually do something right? And all the big financiers are moving to down grade BC's credit immediately, like a mass punishment to the people of BC for a foolish choice. And the NDP know it. So they had better be prepared to actually DO something constructive.

Are you rescinding your guess?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Can I guess that the NDP will govern for 4 years? I really think Horgan is going to knock it out of the park.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Your guess has been recorded for 2021. Anything else? :biggrin:
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Queen K wrote:Anything else? :biggrin:

People who want to help this government succeed: get out and volunteer.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@Queen K:
Nope, that's it.

@richardclank:
If you were responding to my comment, you're right, and I do volunteer. Have done so for many years, and not just politically.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

lasnomadas wrote:@richardclank:
If you were responding to my comment, you're right, and I do volunteer. Have done so for many years, and not just politically.

No, I just meant that volunteering for a political party can make a big difference. Anyway, I still say Horgan is going to surprise a lot of people who think an election will be called so soon.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

lasnomadas wrote:I predict the autumn of 2021, on whatever day the NDP chooses. The BC Liberal party, in the meantime, will try to hold their party together and look unsuccessfully for a leader who can lie as well as their previous leader who will have quit the party to become the leader of the BC Conservatives. The BC Liberals and the BC Conservatives will be duking it out to see which of them takes second place in the next election, and which will end up battling it out with the fringe parties.

Hahaha, thank you for providing this morning's laugh. I'll have to save this one.

I honestly hope the NDP can keep it together long enough for the Libs to get their you know what together. Although I'm not holding my breath, as incompetence in the NDP ranks runs deep and we'll likely see this drunken quest for power end within a year.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Any guesses for a new election Buckeye? :up:
Date that it's called and date that it will be?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@Queen K:
No, I'm not rescinding my guess. And I honestly believe that if the NDP had been in charge for the past 16 years, we wouldn't be in the pickle we're in now. Christy Clark (and Campbell's before her) have more than doubled the provincial debt since 2001, and that's not even counting the 'contractual obligations' that we will be 'obligated' to pay, thanks to the incompetence and corruption of the BC Liberals. I can hardly wait for that forensic audit.

Christy's last ditch effort to cling to power by adopting the NDP and Green platforms was laughable, and deJong's 'revision' of the February budget was enough to supply fodder to every comedian in Canada for months. I spent the afternoon at the beach today, and the general consensus of my fellow sunbathers was, 'too bad the LG didn't give Christy that election she so coveted. Campbell's lies may have destroyed the NDP back in 2001, but Christy's lies would have sunk the BC Liberals (nee Socreds) just as bad if she'd got her wish.'

I especially like that Castanet article with George Abbott and Kevin Falcons picture, didn't you?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote: Christy Clark (and Campbell's before her) have more than doubled the provincial debt since 2001, and that's not even counting the 'contractual obligations' that we will be 'obligated' to pay, thanks to the incompetence and corruption of the BC Liberals. I can hardly wait for that forensic audit.

If you're going to spout off about accounting practices, at least go take a class, because at this stage you're just looking ridiculous. Forensic audit won't help you one iota when you can't interpret the data.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

LOL.......and I suppose you can? The audit will be done, and the result will be explained to all British Columbians, regardless of their political stripe.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ummm, guessing thread for BC Elections guys! [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “B.C.”