Clark plans on sticking around

gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Clark plans on sticking around

Post by gordon_as »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ick-around

LOL Christy. Good luck with that. Your party is going to kick you to the curb. You have West Kelowna until the next election , and then you will loose that too.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Clark plans on sticking around

Post by flamingfingers »

Liberal sharks circling Clark after stay-in-power scheming backfires

MIKE SMYTH
More from Mike Smyth
Published:
July 1, 2017

Updated:
July 1, 2017 5:00 PM PDT

Filed Under:
The Province News Politics
Christy Clark, reduced to caretaker premier, emerges from Government House after tendering her resignation to Lt.-Gov. Judith Guichon after her Liberal minority government was defeated on a confidence vote in Victoria, B.C., on Thursday, June 29, 2017.
Christy Clark, reduced to caretaker premier, emerges from Government House after tendering her resignation to Lt.-Gov. Judith Guichon after her Liberal minority government was defeated on a confidence vote in Victoria, B.C., on Thursday, June 29, 2017. DARRYL DYCK / CP
Columnist Mike Smyth writes about the latest in B.C.'s political drama.

Shortly after the razor-close May 9 election reduced the B.C. Liberals to a minority government, Premier Christy Clark insisted she would not ask the lieutenant-governor for another election.

“No, no, no,” Clark said. “I won’t be making that request. Nobody wants another election.”

It was a commitment Clark repeated in the days that followed: She would not send B.C. voters back to the polls for a do-over election.

But, as everyone knows now, Clark did exactly what she said she would not do: She asked Lt.-Gov. Judith Guichon for another election after her Liberals were defeated in a historic non-confidence vote in the legislature on Thursday night.

Guichon rejected Clark’s request, and instead asked NDP Leader John Horgan to form a government. Clark will now resign, and Horgan will soon be sworn in as British Columbia’s 36th premier.

After the election, Clark made things even worse for the Liberals with her infamous “clone speech” — a throne-speech replica of the NDP election platform, copy-catting $2.6 billion worth of NDP promises.

How can she now effectively criticize the new NDP government when she’s already endorsed so many of their policies?

The clone speech was a desperate attempt to win back votes in a snap summer election that never happened. The result is Clark has now neutered any ability for the Liberal opposition to credibly attack the NDP.

http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics ... -backfires
Chill
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

LOL......she won't be 'sticking around' much longer........as a BC Liberal representative. Now that she made such a fool of herself during this session at the legislature, and now that the NDP/Green parties are holding the reins of power, her party will immediately find a replacement for her. When the new BC Liberal leader is sworn in, Christy will quietly slither over to the leaderless BC Conservative party and become their Queen Bee.

I don't suppose the Kelowna West voters will mind very much though, since they've been voting Conservative (Social Credit) since before they changed their name to BC Liberal.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

gordon_as wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/200848/Clark-plans-to-stick-around

LOL Christy. Good luck with that. Your party is going to kick you to the curb. You have West Kelowna until the next election , and then you will loose that too.

hope so, i can nt believe people voted for that female trump
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

We agree on something, truth lol
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

:up: :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

lasnomadas wrote:LOL......she won't be 'sticking around' much longer........as a BC Liberal representative. Now that she made such a fool of herself during this session at the legislature, and now that the NDP/Green parties are holding the reins of power, her party will immediately find a replacement for her. When the new BC Liberal leader is sworn in, Christy will quietly slither over to the leaderless BC Conservative party and become their Queen Bee.

I don't suppose the Kelowna West voters will mind very much though, since they've been voting Conservative (Social Credit) since before they changed their name to BC Liberal.

Common sense should tell her to F%#k %#F...........she has none. As far as the Liberal Party in B.C. ..........common sense SHOULD prevail and she is eradicated by them. What scares me are those two words "common" and "sense"..........it has been lacking with this party for a long time. There are too many lazy Liberal MLA's in B.C. and the long serving ones do not want the hassle of being the leader........they are quite happy just plugging along for the ride and paycheck.........and the 6 figure pension. Clark is like "Mikey" in the Life cereal commercial..........the brothers do not want to eat it so........."give it to Mikey.......he'll eat anything".
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 3rd, 2017, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

It will be interesting to see if she stays on as West Kelowna's MLA will she then actually live here? Is there rules to cover this? As for her going away or even losing out in the next election, as I have said before, the liberals could run a house plant in this riding and win. She will not be going anywhere unless she wants to.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Can't see why not, if there's another election she may very well win again. I'm guessing the Liberal vote with todays reality in mind will actual get to the polls to solidify that win.
I see no shame in Clark riding out this leadership for all it's worth when you consider the NDP only lead this government by striking a deal with the Greens, not the will of the constituents.

As far as Clark goes, a win is a win - better her than the unknown for the Libs
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I want to see Clark gone as bad as anyone but I don't think it will matter. There is a reason they have only been elected 3 times I believe (1972, 1991, 1996) since 1933, they are totally useless. See chart:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_B ... _elections
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Big deal. The BC Liberals don't have a very good track record either. They've only been elected 4 times........unless you want to count the times they were elected as the Social Credit party.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lasnomadas wrote:Big deal. The BC Liberals don't have a very good track record either. They've only been elected 4 times........unless you want to count the times they were elected as the Social Credit party.

Since it is same coalition between what W.A.C Bennett setup & what Gordon Campbell re-setup, just under a different name. Neither connected with other parties with similar names across this country.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Saw her on the news this morning, she looked and sounded like a shell of her former self.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

GordonH wrote:
lasnomadas wrote:Big deal. The BC Liberals don't have a very good track record either. They've only been elected 4 times........unless you want to count the times they were elected as the Social Credit party.

Since it is same coalition between what W.A.C Bennett setup & what Gordon Campbell re-setup, just under a different name. Neither connected with other parties with similar names across this country.

WAC Bennett had zippy to do with red eyed Gordo, maybe Bill but not his father.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “B.C.”