Clark plans on sticking around

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Clark plans on sticking around

Post by GordonH »

^^^ last line in my last post
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 3rd, 2017, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 3rd, 2017, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Off topic.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 3rd, 2017, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 3rd, 2017, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Off Topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 3rd, 2017, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Get back on topic please! Thank you!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I can't help but wonder if Premier Clark is secretly glad she's going to be stepping down in this economic climate:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201429
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Premier Clark is pretty tough, and has never shied away from a challenge. My sense of things is that she should stay around, let the NDP hang themselves, let Weaver work his chess moves to split the environmental zealots off from the NDP unionists, and then return for another term. Beyond that, it would require a remarkable performance.

The shelf life of a premier is always politically limited, not by competency, but by lunch room lawyer nonsense.

For whatever reason folks will listen to lunchroom lawyers when it comes to leaders of all stripes. Lunchroom lawyers who sharply negatively criticize and are often out of line with their constant, often irrational criticisms of any imperfections - while pretending they themselves are free of imperfections. Most often, of course. the lunchroom lawyers have little grasp of the topics of their criticisms, but they do have an impact just as water can wear away stone.

The lunchroom lawyers have combined with the environmental zealots (and "virtue signalers") to usurp government. Fair enough. The vanguard of protest (protest is fashionable) and the California trendy crowd have caught the bus. The problem with that is none of them have a clue when it comes to governance. A bag full of criticisms and utopian solar dreaming is not a recipe for governance, nor is it a recipe for leadership. Andrew Weaver is perhaps the exception, but I have a sense that Andrew "does not suffer fools gladly" and will rapidly grow impatient with the vanguard of protest NDP as they swing back to their comfort zone of the 1990s.

Whether or not the NDG lasts a full term is irrelevant, it will not take long for the NDP to lose support. The NDP have probably already lost 2, maybe 3 swing ridings over the bridge toll lie.

It will not take people long to wish for competence in government again. People value stability and the instability of the NDG will wear thin very very quickly as the NDP promises of "you can have everything you want for free" melt away in the sunshine of the real world.

So premier Clark should indeed stay on, as the lunchroom lawyers will very quickly generate a desire for stability and competence, and premier Clark has demonstrated both.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well before you start crowning her lets see how her base up north responds to her efforts in first couple weeks of these fires . im already seeing folks online that were chased out wondering why horgan spoke first and why she didnt call in troops day one
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Lunchroom lawyers. Just ask Rachel Notley.

Reality: most wildfires are beyond our control. They are part of mother nature's cycle. Lodgepole Pine won't even reproduce well without a fire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ecology

Working with mother nature's regimes works, working against it - not so much.

Predictions have been that in forests damaged extensively by pine beetle, fires would be extremely difficult if not impossible to control. Unfortunately that has and is proving true.

As I have posted elsewhere, John Horgan expressed satisfaction with how the fires are being dealt with.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”