PM congratulates Horgan

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

PM congratulates Horgan

Post by Fancy »

Is this something that actually happened or is it a Castanet headline to draw in readers?

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/200743 ... tes-Horgan
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: PM congratulates Horgan

Post by GordonH »

It's the usual pleasantries between new or re-elected Premier & the Prime Minister, nothing more to be read into it.
Happens after each Provincial or Federal election, or in this case change in a Premier.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

GordonH wrote:It's the usual pleasantries between new or re-elected Premier & the Prime Minister, nothing more to be read into it.
Happens after each Provincial or Federal election, or in this case change in a Premier.

Just the way the headline reads was rather strange - congratulations weren't exactly in order. Looking forward to working with them I can see.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Agree. Congratulations are appropriate when one actually wins something, which certainly isn't the case here. If anything it makes a mockery of democracy.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Horgan's going to be sworn in as Premier. It didn't matter if it was the leader of the Libertarian party or the Rhino party. Whoever is becoming the Premier gets the courtesy call of congratulations. Officially, JT congratulated Donald Trump on being President of the US, but to himself and to those closest to him, he wonders *bleep*.

Return to “B.C.”