BC Paid Personal Leave Idea no cost 2 Employer or Government

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: BC Paid Personal Leave Idea no cost 2 Employer or Govern

Post by Smurf »

I remember one fellow who hated the union, all they did was take his money. He rode me constantly about being a company yes man and anything else he could think of. He had a heart attack at a fairly young age and came back a changed man. His sick benefits managed to keep him and his family off the street while he recovered. From then on he promoted the union and actually preached to people never to waste their sick time because you never know when you might need it. It was an amazing transformation. Makes you feel good when you know you have had even a small part in helping someone when they are down.

I agree FF I can't see legislation coming but it actually would be nice if something could be worked out where people could voluntarily give up a small portion of their pay for some security. The voluntary part is a problem because many people will not do it just as they will not save for their retirement. They are going to start someday but someday never comes. Convincing yourself to save for the future is difficult when you can find so many uses for the money today. It is a tough sell. I have worked with any number of people who lived payday to payday but are living a decent retirement because they were forced to save.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “B.C.”