BC libs wont let Coulson work the fires

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC libs wont let Coulson work the fires

Post by flamingfingers »

hobbyguy wrote:Angling for $$$ is how Coulson comes across.

He should not have been critical of the ChristyLiberals in 2013 and should have generously donated to the BC Liberal party instead.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:He should not have been critical of the ChristyLiberals in 2013 and should have generously donated to the BC Liberal party instead.

You keep proving my point that this isn't about putting out fires. It's all about politics for you. John Horgan, to his credit, has fully supported the efforts being made right now and he hasn't resorted to the sleazy attacks that we're seeing from some NDP'ers on here.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

FF - don't be silly. Coulsen is known for tactics of using fire situations to try to bully money for Coulsen out of governments.

Did the same thing in Alberta to Rachel Notley. https://www.therebel.media/shocking_here_s_why_canada_s_largest_water_bomber_wasn_t_available_to_fight_wildfire_in_fort_mac

Just plain money grubbing!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

hobbyguy wrote:FF - don't be silly. Coulsen is known for tactics of using fire situations to try to bully money for Coulsen out of governments.

Did the same thing in Alberta to Rachel Notley. https://www.therebel.media/shocking_here_s_why_canada_s_largest_water_bomber_wasn_t_available_to_fight_wildfire_in_fort_mac

I guess you really didn't read the link you posted. Notley DID NOT ASK for Coulson's participation. Same as this summer that Christy has NOT REQUESTED Coulson's participation.

So he's just supposed to up his planes, helicopters, pilots, crews and support to head off on a volunteer basis - without anyone knowing he is going to show up?

And ALL FOR FREE???

Surely you jest!!
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Missed where anybody said free.

There's other more efficient options available, so they can't hold the province hostage.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

LordEd wrote:Missed where anybody said free.

There's other more efficient options available, so they can't hold the province hostage.

Free? That is what is implied when you offer a service that has not been officially requested.

Yes, there are local resources available but they have not been called out - why not?
Last edited by flamingfingers on Jul 10th, 2017, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i hope you realize there are people trapped right now . this isnt a pick and choose situation . theres alot of unhappy scared people that are keeping close eye on how the current govt handles this emergency.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

flamingfingers wrote:Free? That is what is implied when you offer a service that has not been officially requested.

You're saying that a company that makes its primary income in fire fighting is offering free services right now?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Don't make it personal
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 10th, 2017, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Chill
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

flamingfingers wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:FF - don't be silly. Coulsen is known for tactics of using fire situations to try to bully money for Coulsen out of governments.

I guess you really didn't read the link you posted. Notley DID NOT ASK for Coulson's participation. Same as this summer that Christy has NOT REQUESTED Coulson's participation.

So he's just supposed to up his planes, helicopters, pilots, crews and support to head off on a volunteer basis - without anyone knowing he is going to show up?

And ALL FOR FREE???

Surely you jest!!

LOL.. Hobby made the same comment and posted the same link on another thread....my comment to hobby on that thread was nearly the same as your comment here..
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

that links a dig at notley not wayne. its actualy prives my point waynes ready to help . and is the only company in north america to work fires at night
sherriff

Post by sherriff »

You can yap all day what if, or too old, not modern, outdated, too expensive. Fact is the Martin mars puts a hell of a lot of water on a fire and that puts fires out dumb *bleep*! Tell 10,000 evacuees how the gov't wants to save money by using a fleet of skimmers because they are more effective. Proof is in the pudding with absolutely "O" fires contained or even under control. I for one say pay the man and put some fires OUT, it's my *bleep* money anyhow! Like all this fire fighting is volunteer??
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

MJ and FF - Simple Question - have the services been offered for free?

OR

IS this a really crappy PR move to increase the profits? I know you hate people that run business for money so you must hate this guy you support right?

Add to that there are actual right places ant times for the right crews, or would you rather toss 30 good men to burn to death as a "we tried" in a pointless affair? (don't worry I know your answers on letting good people die)
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

There are reasons for deploying certain types of aircraft for certain purposes. There are also reasons that Coulsen does not do well and is waaay down the list of resources.

IF thee did a little research they would find that there are very real downsides to using the Martin Mars.

I repeat: Coulsen is a money grubber who is using the fires, both here and in Alberta to stir up trouble and try to feather his own nest. And the NDP partisans fall for his nonsense.

You can put x amount of aircraft and resources against any fire. If Coulsens's aircraft aren't needed, they are not needed. Despite the Rebel's stance, the formal investigations did NOT indicate that more resources were required, but better coordination of the resources deployed.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Veovis wrote:MJ and FF - Simple Question - have the services been offered for free?

OR

IS this a really crappy PR move to increase the profits? I know you hate people that run business for money so you must hate this guy you support right?

Add to that there are actual right places ant times for the right crews, or would you rather toss 30 good men to burn to death as a "we tried" in a pointless affair? (don't worry I know your answers on letting good people die)

nope waynes a great guy and california, the us forestry service , the us military and australia are in debted to waynes efforts to put fires out . they take the job seriously and sure hes bit cocky but thats because they want to help .

plus he is the only certified company in north america able to fight fires at night . thats great time to hit the front face or protect building people . theres no rain coming for atleast a week .

Return to “B.C.”