BC libs wont let Coulson work the fires

LordEd
Guru

Re: BC libs wont let Coulson work the fires

Post by LordEd »

lasnomadas wrote: This time, Christy pretty much admitted that they won't make it past the Throne speech, so they had to have time to do all the shredding of documents and triple-deleting of e-mails, in addition to the reasons given in my original submission.

How much more triple deleting can the NDP do in 10 weeks vs 6 weeks? Maybe they're hiding their union donations or making shady deals with the BCTF.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I just saw John Horgan on the news and he said that everything that can be done is being done in regard to the firefighting. He expects a seamless transition next week and does not foresee any changes being made. So there you go! Whether it's this thread or some others the NDP'ers may want to back off on criticizing what's happening because Horgan has absolute confidence in the way things are being handled.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 11th, 2017, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 11th, 2017, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Stay on topic or take it to Bickering. One or other please, thank you.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Urbane wrote:I just saw John Horgan on the news and he said that everything that can be done is being done in regard to the firefighting. He expects a seamless transition next week and does not foresee any changes being made. So there you go! Whether it's this thread or some others the NDP'ers may want to back off on criticizing what's happening because Horgan has absolute confidence in the way things are being handled.

thats good. got zero to do with anyone backing ndp. but lets see what he says after the danger is over
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.facebook.com/troy.wells.90/ ... 945853568/

thats video of jet air tanker in arizona lay down some retardent

https://www.facebook.com/troy.wells.90/ ... 945853568/

this is reason why it was dropping a load :200:
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I read this thread and just shake my head. I am positive that the people looking after this are doing the best job they can. They also want the very best outcome but of course are not fallible. I doubt anyone on here has a clue what they are going through. I doubt anyone on here has a clue why they will or will not use a contractor. Years ago I worked on a task force setting up standards for contractors to fly personnel into remote areas. It was an extremely interesting but complex project. It took much more than we thought when we started. We ended up going to facilities looking at their planes, their maintenance records, their flight/accident records, pilots records and so many other things. We found problems we never expected like little or no insurance which in our case was bad. We put requirements in our contracts that said they must carry a certain amount of insurance such as liability or they were automatically turned down. This cut out a number of companies including some we were already using. Some didn't have the types of planes we required, some had planes that could be used for specific jobs and on and on. I'm sure that what they are dealing with in these fires has just as complex requirements. Probably even more so. They will have a list and will work with it because they have not got time to review it mid stream. None of us on here will probably ever know why they do or do not use someone but they will have good reasons.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Smurf wrote:I read this thread and just shake my head. I am positive that the people looking after this are doing the best job they can. They also want the very best outcome but of course are not fallible. I doubt anyone on here has a clue what they are going through. I doubt anyone on here has a clue why they will or will not use a contractor. Years ago I worked on a task force setting up standards for contractors to fly personnel into remote areas. It was an extremely interesting but complex project. It took much more than we thought when we started. We ended up going to facilities looking at their planes, their maintenance records, their flight/accident records, pilots records and so many other things. We found problems we never expected like little or no insurance which in our case was bad. We put requirements in our contracts that said they must carry a certain amount of insurance such as liability or they were automatically turned down. This cut out a number of companies including some we were already using. Some didn't have the types of planes we required, some had planes that could be used for specific jobs and on and on. I'm sure that what they are dealing with in these fires has just as complex requirements. Probably even more so. They will have a list and will work with it because they have not got time to review it mid stream. None of us on here will probably ever know why they do or do not use someone but they will have good reasons.

Goods points but unfortunately we have some here who simply can't stop themselves from turning everything, including fire tragedies, into liberal bashing threads.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Coulson has contracts with many jurisdictions........except B.C. since 2013. Why is that, I wonder?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Having trouble finding a 'link'? A simple google search of 'coulson - fire aviation' has all the info you need........except, of course, the answer to the question, why did Christy Clark cancel Coulson's contract in 2013?

We only have to wait another week to find out if Horgan is going to reinstate Coulson's contract.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

lasnomadas wrote:We only have to wait another week to find out if Horgan is going to reinstate Coulson's contract.

What does it mean if he doesn't?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

It would mean that central B.C. was inundated with a 3-day downpour of rain in the meantime.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

lasnomadas wrote:

Coulson has contracts with many jurisdictions........except B.C. since 2013. Why is that, I wonder?

Everyone has different requirements and needs. The companies we turned down were working with others who had different needs and requirements. In some cases maybe they didn't really check and had no idea what they were dealing with. I know of one for sure that probably should not even been allowed to was actually busy. Knowing what i knew i would not even have let an enemy fly with him. Without being involved and fully understanding the reasons for what is going on you cannot make a reasonable decision. Armchair quarterbacking is always easy, I know I could win every sports game I watch because those coaches are so dumb and really don't know what they are doing.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

lasnomadas wrote:Coulson has contracts with many jurisdictions........except B.C. since 2013. Why is that, I wonder?

What does it matter who has a contract? Coulsonay not have a contract but other companies do - companies who do just as good of a job if not better.

Funny thing about you political yo-yo's is that it doesn't matter what the party you oppose does - it'll be wrong and reason for you to throw your 2 pennies around. Coulson doesn't have the contract - shame on the Liberals. Coulson keeps the contract - shame on the Liberals for wasting money on a company with toys - there's other companies that can do a better job - blah, blah, blah.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “B.C.”