maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Ranchers ignore evaq orders

Post by maryjane48 »

Veovis
Guru

Re: Ranchers ignore evaq orders

Post by Veovis »

Farmers are tough folks, it's a risky choice and a dangerous one, but I understand it, and it wasn't "a farmer" it was a community working together it seems.

At a point they may have to get out of there, but sounds like they are doing ok. Proud of them.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

I completely support their choice to stay, so long as they are willing to abandon all hope that any rescue efforts will be made if their lives become in danger. It's a foolish decision to make, but I support their right to stay. Last thing the emergency operations centre needs is to waste resources trying to rescue people who should have just evacuated when told to.

Chances are, these people will make a different at their properties and likely save their structures. Hopefully they never need to be rescued.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

I also support them with understanding that they're on their own. I would also support mandatory evac of children under 18yo - let's not risk the kids.
Last edited by TylerM4 on Jul 13th, 2017, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Evacuation orders should be strongly advised, also not necessarily mandatory. Residence should have that choice to stay & fight or go.
With that said, if they change their minds & want to get out this is at there own risk. Rescuers should not have to put themselves in harms way unnecessarily, since evac order was given & ignored.
One last thing if residents decide to ignore evac order, they should have to sign a waiver.

My 2 cents
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

When you look at a lot of ranches and farms, the main houses and buildings are out in the open. With industrial irrigation systems present on many properties, it's easy to soak a perimeter around the important stuff. It's not as dramatic as many people make it out to be. Too much smoke may be the biggest problem. The decision should always be left to the landowners to stay at their own risk.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

UhHuhYeahSure wrote:When you look at a lot of ranches and farms, the main houses and buildings are out in the open. With industrial irrigation systems present on many properties, it's easy to soak a perimeter around the important stuff. It's not as dramatic as many people make it out to be. Too much smoke may be the biggest problem. The decision should always be left to the landowners to stay at their own risk.

agreed you beat me too it. there are huge open fields not dense fields. Having them there with sprinklers creates an fire barrier. Kind of like the vineyards in 03
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I'm just amazed to see everyone agrees . Support farmers and ranchers
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

For clarity, I believe that an Evacuation order is not mandatory for people in their homes. They can stay as long as they like. However, if they leave, they police will NOT let them return as long as the order is in place. So if they stay, they can. If they leave they can NOT return.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

IS anyone coming for the Ranchers' children?
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

If there are children they, I hope so. Anybody keeping children in front of a wildfire is not fit.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Provincial resources are razor thin now so I hope that the people that choose to ignore orders understand that if things go bad they are risking the lives of the emergency workers that have to try to save them.

Its a horrible situation.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Liquidnails wrote:IS anyone coming for the Ranchers' children?

The children have all left. Only the men stay behind to fight, and fight they must because in many cases there are no forest fire fighters to help because there are just too many fires around. For example, the Kleena Kleene fire has evacuated the entire community, BUT there is not a single piece of equipment fighting the fire... except for those who defied the order, and stayed to fight the fire. Crews are finally arriving today from out of province.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Glacier wrote:
Liquidnails wrote:IS anyone coming for the Ranchers' children?

The children have all left. Only the men stay behind to fight, and fight they must because in many cases there are no forest fire fighters to help because there are just too many fires around. For example, the Kleena Kleene fire has evacuated the entire community, BUT there is not a single piece of equipment fighting the fire... except for those who defied the order, and stayed to fight the fire. Crews are finally arriving today from out of province.

Thank God we still live in a country of men willing to fight. Respect to those fighting the battle
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “B.C.”