Dude, where's our premier?

LordEd
Guru

Re: Dude, where's our premier?

Post by LordEd »

I'm opposition now. I just have to say no to everything and talk about photo ops.

I don't have a good answer at the moment. Probably not.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

LordEd wrote:I'm opposition now. I just have to say no to everything and talk about photo ops.

ooooohhh why use the qualifier "probably"? Why not just say "NO" and risk your opposition team posters wrath because it's not going to follow the narrative that the NDP "did it." Killed LNG.

Now none of this is about "where Premier Horgan is now" but I'm willing to bet he's working along side special envoy David Emerson to assist in keeping jobs in BC, or job losses to a minimum. Because even he may have been blindsided by the loss of Petronas if his staff hadn't been keeping a handle on the LNG markets and probabilities of a cancellation.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

This will make NDP'ers angry. They told us that Horgan was doing the right thing by staying in Victoria and away from the fires. But now he's heading right to the wildfire zones:

UPDATE: 10:30 a.m.

Premier John Horgan will accompany Prime Minister Trudeau and a number of federal cabinet ministers during a tour of wildfire zones in the Cariboo region on Monday.

They will meet with Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP members at the Williams Lake Wildfire Command Centre in the morning.

At noon, Horgan and Trudeau will visit the Cariboo Fire Centre and then take an aerial tour of fire zones in the region.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#203043
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I wonder if they will pull firefighters off the fire lines to press the flesh and try to get them to sing 'O Canada'????
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:I wonder if they will pull firefighters off the fire lines to press the flesh and try to get them to sing 'O Canada'????

You said the Horgan belonged in Victoria. Have you changed you mind?
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

i wonder :admin: if horgan will make fire fighters bow for him. he is there to put the fire out.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

That was on July 23. The situation was just evolving. Since then, he has been to Ottawa and then to Washington. Tomorrow:

Premier John Horgan will accompany Prime Minister Trudeau and a number of federal cabinet ministers during a tour of wildfire zones in the Cariboo region on Monday.

They will meet with Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP members at the Williams Lake Wildfire Command Centre in the morning.

At noon, Horgan and Trudeau will visit the Cariboo Fire Centre and then take an aerial tour of fire zones in the region.

They won't be drawing resources from communities trying to cope with evacuees and other front line assistance.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:That was on July 23. The situation was just evolving. Since then, he has been to Ottawa and then to Washington. Tomorrow:

They won't be drawing resources from communities trying to cope with evacuees and other front line assistance.
No one ever suggested that Horgan should draw resources away from communities! Better late than never so I'm glad that Horgan has now decided to visit the wildfire zones. By the way, no one ever said he shouldn't be in Ottawa or Washington but the argument that we heard from some of you was that he should be in Victoria at his desk rather than visiting the wildfire zones.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

It is too soon for some, not soon enough for others. Can either side see that theres other things the premiere has to deal with? In DC working to secure jobs with softwood lumber, now going to view the fire issues with pm trudeau.

Did anyone stop to think that this visit wasn't scheduled a week or two ago, since they have, particularly in BC with a new government, have much on plates? And other commitments, like dealing with trade with foreign dignitaries?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Yet if it were Clark the commentaries would be exact opposite.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

So, in other words no. No one thought of that techie?
Just noticed I should have worded-was, not wasn't, scheduled.
I've berated politicians for being politicians, never for for their travel schedule.... expenses most definitely, not schedule.

I detested Clark for ignoring governmental duties, photo ops and hugs aren't one of them.
I critiqued her for her policies, not made up stuff to make people feel better while going through a natural disaster. Sure there's a place for that, like I've said before, signing legal documents in victoria for aid was the duty, not feel good stuff.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I guess I struggle with why they have to show up during the fires unless they are going to join the efforts. I can see them touring afterwards for a first hand look at what will be needed to help those effected. I have been on the fire lines and the last thing needed is a distraction.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

[quote="Urbane"]This will make NDP'ers angry. They told us that Horgan was doing the right thing by staying in Victoria and away from the fires. But now he's heading right to the wildfire zones:

[quote][quote]UPDATE: 10:30 a.m.

He's meeting witht the Prime Minister, just after meeting with the PM's envoy in Washington, DC. This doesn't make me angry at all. Not one bit, I'm seeing a potential for some real Western/Eastern relationship repairs being made here. Some true bonding unlike we've never had before.

I dont' see anything wrong with them being together to see the devastation at all.

Next.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

LordEd wrote:I'm opposition now. I just have to say no to everything and talk about photo ops.

Now you're just being silly. And I did not expect "silly" from you of all posters here. :up:
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Queen K wrote:
    He's meeting witht the Prime Minister, just after meeting with the PM's envoy in Washington, DC. This doesn't make me angry at all. Not one bit, I'm seeing a potential for some real Western/Eastern relationship repairs being made here. Some true bonding unlike we've never had before.

I dont' see anything wrong with them being together to see the devastation at all.

Next.
Of course you're not angry and I doubt that anyone is. My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I suggested that NDP'ers would be angry because some had said on here that Horgan shouldn't visit the wildfire zones and that he should stay at his desk in Victoria. He would only get in the way they told us. He would drain resources and a visit would only be a photo-op. Change the script now!

Since he is visiting the wildfire zones they've changed their minds and think he should get away from his desk. Now if Christy Clark hadn't visited the fire zones . . . and then decided to do so . . . well, you get the idea. I'm glad he's going to the wildfire zones. In addition to the intangible reasons for a visit donations to the Red Cross will likely increase as happened when Premier Notley visited the Fort McMurray fire zone.

Return to “B.C.”