ICBC rates could go up 30%

madmudder
Board Meister

Re: ICBC rates could go up 30%

Post by madmudder »

Suck it up you Lieberal balanced budget loving morons. Because of your governments lying misdeeds we are all going to pay now.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup............... :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

LeadingEdgeGlass wrote:There are absolutely huge advantages to ICBC being a crown corporation...

If you hit me, I don't have to wait for your crap-ass third world insurance company to come up with the money to fix my car, it just gets fixed.

You think arguing with ICBC about fault and payout is tough? Try dealing with penny pinching private insurance companies!!!

It takes a about a week to get an appointment at a worthy auto-body shop, then the vehicle is stripped, assessed, parts ordered, then fixed. Total time can be a few weeks. During that time, you have a loaner covered by your insurance, and time to straighten out any insurance issues, I've never had any issues. There is no possibility to go 100% private in BC.

If insurance goes up by 30%, most will be paying $2000/year while new drivers will be paying $3000+/year. There are 3.6M registered vehicles in BC that bring in let's say, a total of about 9 Billion bux.
I Don't believe this just covers accidents, but with the NDP in, firing Fortis CEO and starting up green projects... this could be their subsidy plan, lol
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Jlabute wrote:It takes a about a week to get an appointment at a worthy auto-body shop, then the vehicle is stripped, assessed, parts ordered, then fixed. Total time can be a few weeks. During that time, you have a loaner covered by your insurance, and time to straighten out any insurance issues, I've never had any issues. There is no possibility to go 100% private in BC.

If insurance goes up by 30%, most will be paying $2000/year while new drivers will be paying $3000+/year. There are 3.6M registered vehicles in BC that bring in let's say, a total of about 9 Billion bux.
I Don't believe this just covers accidents, but with the NDP in, firing Fortis CEO and starting up green projects... this could be their subsidy plan, lol

I think I'm fairly normal, full discount, average vehicle, full coverage. At present, my optional is private, I may go back and support ICBC, we'll see. The private doesn't save me more than a few bucks, so I pay all together $1000 +/- a year.

So it goes up 30%. Lets say that's on the whole thing, but I expect the 30% is sensationalizing the fact that just the mandatory is going up 30% but we'll say 30% across the board. That's an additional $300 a year, or $25 a month. That's a lot, but it's not going to alter my quality of living.

All this talk of 30%, and no details. Is that 30% on mandatory ? 30% on both.

If we ever went back to full private, it wouldn't be long before we'd see private asking for a No Fault plan. Probably high time ICBC (I'm sure they are thinking about asking) asked for it.

Lawyer will be outraged !,,,, "You (the public) will loose the right to fair compensation"

(Definition : "The right to place inflated and frivolous claims and make lawyers billions")

To those who want ICBC gone.... Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. (ya, I know, you know a guy who came from Snowbank SK, and he only paid $20 a month and had more better bigger best coverage, and after buying his insurance they sent him home in a taxi)
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If it's 30% increase, that would be added to the total. Those who get the full discount, I believe that is 43%. That should come off the grand total.

Lets say your grand total = $2,000 - 43% = $1,140
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

^^^ same here, my optional is private which saved me $100/year. I used to pay about $1100/year full discount on my rabbit, although with my new vehicle, it is about $1800/year. I can only imagine what this would be without a 40% discount, then add another 30% increase.
You're right, who knows what the 30% will apply to, but only mismanagement could have brought it about.
We could become Canada's leader in expensive auto insurance... but I suppose our indebted gov needs this, and someone has to be the leader :-( Ontario is higher than us now.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Jlabute wrote:^^^ same here, my optional is private which saved me $100/year. I used to pay about $1100/year full discount on my rabbit, although with my new vehicle, it is about $1800/year. I can only imagine what this would be without a 40% discount, then add another 30% increase.
You're right, who knows what the 30% will apply to, but only mismanagement could have brought it about.
We could become Canada's leader in expensive auto insurance... but I suppose our indebted gov needs this, and someone has to be the leader :-( Ontario is higher than us now.

I don't know how much I saved with private, I think it was less than $100, could be less than $50, not sure.

I feel dealing with ICBC is more above board than private. I can still remember private in BC.

I've seen people with private get there vehicles fixed (not every private company is the same) and there is a problem. Private's answer was "you picked the body shop, you go talk to them".

The same situation with ICBC as long as you've chosen an ICBC accredited shop, and most are. Upon a complaint, they examine the vehicle, they decide if it was a good job and if it wasn't, they go to the body shop and have them make it good.

It's time the government of the day, input strict rules that ICBC is NOT for profit, and NO MONIES can be taken from ICBC for any government reasons.

Does anyone realize that the government, who charges us $75 to renew our DL, doesn't pay one cent of that to ICBC ? (ICBC's data base, ICBC's employees, infrastructure everything ICBC) All the fines that ICBC collects for tickets, they don't get a red cent for collecting those fines ?

I loved it when the renewal fee when up, nobody even whimpered, "oh well cost go up, I guess". NO ! the government wasn't paying a cent toward the driver's licenses, and they had the audacity of increasing the cost ! They were just charging what the market would bear.

Sad to say, we need some type of mandatory reporting system to the public so a future government can't quietly take money from ICBC.

It doesn't help that we had our NDP "watch dog" sleeping by the fire and have absolutely no reliable media whatsoever.

Tired of fluff pieces and common interest segments on the "NEWS", when our Autoplan version of Rome is burning. I'm so old I remember when "NEWS" was actually new occurrences, about 30% of every news cast is old news we've seen days before.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “B.C.”