City of richmond puts brakes on clarks tunnel replacment

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

City of richmond puts brakes on clarks tunnel replacment

Post by maryjane48 »

http://glbn.ca/L5UCAk

good to see the city of richmond realise clark didnt have their best intrests at heart . more like a get rich quick scheme for donators to bclib slush fund :smt045
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: City of richmond puts brakes on clarks tunnel replacment

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Got proof of that slush fund, or just more typical anti liberal hyperbole from the usual source?

It is my sincerest wish, that at some point the internet evolves, to where those who are little more than trolls, spreading false information, are held accountable to the strictest degree.

It's gotten far too easy for malcontents to spread rumors and falsehoods with little to no recourse.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The Massey bridge that Clark touted as the solution to the tunnel would only move the congestion to one side or the other of the bridge. And a greater consideration:

There’s a bigger safety concern than that. In 2013, the B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure contracted two geotechnical investigation boreholes, BH 13-01 and BH 13-02, on the north and south shores of the Fraser River, respectively, at the site of the proposed towers for a cable-stayed bridge.

The resulting geotechnical data report (Golder Associates, April 24, 2014) records these holes went to 335 metres (1,099 feet) depth in sand and silt – more than twice the height of the towers of the Alex Fraser Bridge – without tagging bedrock.

A 1995 Geological Survey of Canada paper (Britten, Harris, Hunter, Luternauer, The bedrock surface beneath the Fraser River delta in British Columbia based on seismic measurements, Figure 8.) estimates the depth to bedrock at the bridge site at 600 to 700 metres (1,970 to 2,300 feet). So the towers are going to be built on 2,000 feet of waterlogged sand and mud in an area assessed at moderate to high risk of liquefaction in the event of an earthquake (Geomap Vancouver).

https://metrovanwatch.wordpress.com/201 ... rock-700m/
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i surveyed building sites in richmond . when they built new buildings theee they put minimum of 50 feet of fill and packed that hill down so building would not sink lol . go whiterock no fill neded . sane as as southvancouver . so based on that with the report just posted equals bclib mismanagment in regards to infrastructure
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ what was anyone expecting, its the Fraser River delta. That entire area plus inland is instant quicksand in event of an earthquake.

bridge or tunnel neither is really safe
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Old Techie wrote:Got proof of that slush fund, or just more typical anti liberal hyperbole from the usual source?

It is my sincerest wish, that at some point the internet evolves, to where those who are little more than trolls, spreading false information, are held accountable to the strictest degree.

It's gotten far too easy for malcontents to spread rumors and falsehoods with little to no recourse.

yea the proof is clark was premier. corrupt to the core . and if the internet evolved to that point your team be in jail first day :smt045 . becarefull what you wish for . the bcuc report is going to come out [icon_lol2.gif]
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

GordonH wrote:^^^ what was anyone expecting, its the Fraser River delta. That entire area plus inland is instant quicksand in event of an earthquake.

If we get a Big One - NOTHING is safe!!
Chill
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 24th, 2017, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:what was anyone expecting, its the Fraser River delta. That entire area plus inland is instant quicksand in event of an earthquake.

flamingfingers wrote:If we get a Big One - NOTHING is safe!!

Being on bedrock is better then river sediment.
I would take bedrock over sediment in a earthquake in a heartbeat.

Added later: you could not pay me enough to live along Fraser river delta. When the predicted major quake hits there is going to be major losses in that area, that is sadly true.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

while at work, I stay in a motel just beside the tunnel.
What I have observed is it backs up for 2 - 3 hours most days. However it flows better than Harvey 21- 22 hours most days.

If they would regulate most non-essential truck traffic ( which some companies are trying ) too the lowest traffic periods they would almost eliminate their rush hour some days.

Return to “B.C.”