Christy Clark to resign

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Christy Clark to resign

Post by maryjane48 »

My gut feeling told me to be skeptical of her at first, after all, her two and a half year stint as education minister starting in 2001, tearing up teachers contracts, had revealed a gleeful partisanship and a dogmatic ferocity that precluded anything resembling compromise.

http://glbn.ca/9ppTVy

jon mcommbs thoughts on clark and quiting the bclibs party
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Unbelievable...........a lying psychopath right to the bitter end. At least now I can watch the suppertime news with out having to hear or see her disgusting yap anymore.

I read some of the earlier posts that brought up her son.........yeah, lets hold off on that. I will hope that when he is a little older that he may one day ask........."mom, is it true that UNDER YOUR WATCH as the B.C. Premier that 8 researchers with the B.C. Ministry of Health were fired with no evidence whatsoever and subjected to untrue allegations and an incredible amount of interrogating stress that one of the researchers, Roderick MacIsaac committed suicide?" The B.C. Ombudsman"s report came out this past April and vindicates all of the researchers and now money (our money) of course is being past on to those wronged.......as it should be. Did Clark care when it was happening, NO. She was well aware of how public this scandal was being pushed through the media and could care less to learn more about it, something she could have stopped.

Of all of the crap she has pulled off and the money it has cost B.C. taxpayers........the above is her "legacy". And here we have her supporters thanking her for a job well done and wishing her all of the best in the future.

NOT FROM ME FOR A SINGLE SECOND!
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

Christy up to her usual normal LYING ways right up to the end....typical BC liberal.

“I talked to the caucus the day before [her July 28 resignation], I asked them all, did they want me to stay, did they want me to go?” Clark said July 31 in Vancouver. “Every single person in the room asked me to stay.”

That is not the way it went down, according to two independent sources intimately familiar with the caucus retreat at the Penticton Lakeside Resort. Clark chose to quit instead of being dumped.

The sources told theBreaker that, during the retreat, Abbotsford South MLA Darryl Plecas demanded a review of Clark’s leadership. He even threatened to quit caucus and sit as an independent when the Legislature reopens this fall.

Plecas was not alone in the release of pent-up anger directed at Clark. Of the prevailing mood at the retreat, one of the sources said bluntly: “It was really ugly.”

What she’s given to this province should never be forgiven,” said distraught interim leader Rich Coleman, who held back the tears and corrected himself a moment later. “Forgotten.”

http://thebreaker.news/news/caucus-showdown/
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

kelownman wrote:Christy up to her usual normal LYING ways right up to the end....typical BC liberal.

“I talked to the caucus the day before [her July 28 resignation], I asked them all, did they want me to stay, did they want me to go?” Clark said July 31 in Vancouver. “Every single person in the room asked me to stay.”

That is not the way it went down, according to two independent sources intimately familiar with the caucus retreat at the Penticton Lakeside Resort. Clark chose to quit instead of being dumped.

The sources told theBreaker that, during the retreat, Abbotsford South MLA Darryl Plecas demanded a review of Clark’s leadership. He even threatened to quit caucus and sit as an independent when the Legislature reopens this fall.

Plecas was not alone in the release of pent-up anger directed at Clark. Of the prevailing mood at the retreat, one of the sources said bluntly: “It was really ugly.”

What she’s given to this province should never be forgiven,” said distraught interim leader Rich Coleman, who held back the tears and corrected himself a moment later. “Forgotten.”

http://thebreaker.news/news/caucus-showdown/

As usual the Breaker is using "sources". This from their website in the About section.

"theBreaker is your source for news, opinion and analysis about British Columbia issues and institutions. It is a vehicle to stop secrecy, unravel the spin and enable citizens to better scrutinize those who hold power and influence on the west coast of Canada and beyond."

So who are the sources? Kind of hypocritical to "stop secrecy" but not name sources. Junk news, lies and deplorable.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

she's gone. Isn't that enough for anybody?

:135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Is she? I haven't heard a word today, August 4, that she resigned her MLA representation in West Kelowna. She SAID she was resigning her MLA post effective August 4 - but we certainly know how easily she can do a turnabout. I want something I can count on other than 'what she said' ....
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Good grief! Time to move on. Clark is gone.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:^^ Good grief! Time to move on. Clark is gone.

When was her constituency office closed? Have a drive by and let us know, ok?

ETA: Just called her constituency office in West Kelowna and they invited me to leave a message. Fax number still operational. Why are the taxpayers paying to keep her office operational? I'll call again on Tuesday.....
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Seriously . . . let it go. She's gone.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:^^ Seriously . . . let it go. She's gone.

Did she write a personal note to all her constituents in West Kelowna apologizing for leaving them without representation and thanking them for their support?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Horgan should call a by-election for the vacant seat.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Urbane wrote:Horgan should call a by-election for the vacant seat.

On this we agree. And the NDP need to run a strong candidate to give a good alternative to people who step down in under three weeks.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

He will call a by-election.. all in good time...

With Ben Stewart expressing his interest, I doubt it would be a good riding for the NDP to spend any money on. The Greens MAY be able to field a good candidate but unless there is incredible resentment towards Stewart 'voluntarily' stepping aside to allow Clark to parachute in, he's a shoo-in.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I think Ben Stewart will run and he'll win easily. Even one prominent NDPer on here said he was a good MLA. No reason Horgan can't call the by-election now. An announcement Tuesday would be good.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I have also said he was a good MLA - lives in the community, business in the community, seemingly no scandals he was involved in except abandoning his post for Christ Clark under a rather thick layer of suspicion...

Horgan has more important things to deal with right now than taking time to call a by-election. He'll get to it. Relax.
Chill

Return to “B.C.”