Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 17th, 2018, 10:58 am

Urbane wrote:Vaughn Palmer on the by-election:

For all of Weaver’s vacant threats to bring down the government, the B.C. Liberals are readily positioned as the party of change.
Full column: http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columni ... o-ndp-ties



More proof as to just who exactly Horgan cares about.............

For the crafty New Democrats structured the enabling legislation for the referendum to ensure a changeover would not take effect until July 1, 2021. If the Greens bring down the government on a confidence motion before that, the election would be held on first-past-the-post.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3835
Likes: 3691 posts
Liked in: 5580 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Queen K » Feb 17th, 2018, 11:20 am

If the Liberals did that you'd be a like, "they're sooooo smart, look how they tied it up!"

So the NDP did it. Meh.
I hereby ban Trump, the Russian's monkey-Do, from my funeral. McCain had it right.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 53045
Likes: 12200 posts
Liked in: 12795 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 17th, 2018, 11:28 am

I expect nothing less from an NDP apologist. :smt045
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3835
Likes: 3691 posts
Liked in: 5580 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Queen K » Feb 17th, 2018, 11:42 am

And no one expects anything less from an rabid, foaming at the mouth Liberal cheerleader.

ONLY, as I posted here and to someone, I didn't vote NDP this time. So stick your "NDP apologist" in your hat. :up:
Last edited by Queen K on Feb 17th, 2018, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hereby ban Trump, the Russian's monkey-Do, from my funeral. McCain had it right.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 53045
Likes: 12200 posts
Liked in: 12795 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 17th, 2018, 11:45 am

Queen K wrote:And no one expects anything less from an rapid, foaming at the mouth Liberal cheerleader.

ONLY, as I posted here and to someone, I didn't vote NDP this time. So stick your "NDP apologist" in your hat. :up:


I don't care who you "voted" for, as who you defend consistently speaks far louder. So you went Green, big deal. [icon_lol2.gif]

BTW what's "rapid", is that like just before a waterfall?
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3835
Likes: 3691 posts
Liked in: 5580 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Urbane » Feb 17th, 2018, 12:01 pm

    Queen K wrote:If the Liberals did that you'd be a like, "they're sooooo smart, look how they tied it up!"

    So the NDP did it. Meh.
Two things:

1. Many of us who voted Liberal still raked them over the coals for things that they did wrong or for things that they did poorly. We just found them to be a better option than the NDP but we didn't defend them no matter what as some NDP'ers do on here with their party.

2. When some of us pointed to the strong economy and other accomplishments of the Liberals some NDP'ers on here responded that it was all about ethics and the NDP would deliver more honest government etc. So how is that working out???
"Spectemur agendo"

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21167
Likes: 8983 posts
Liked in: 11065 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Queen K » Feb 17th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Old Techie wrote:
Queen K wrote:And no one expects anything less from an rapid, foaming at the mouth Liberal cheerleader.

ONLY, as I posted here and to someone, I didn't vote NDP this time. So stick your "NDP apologist" in your hat. :up:


I don't care who you "voted" for, as who you defend consistently speaks far louder. So you went Green, big deal. [icon_lol2.gif]

BTW what's "rapid", is that like just before a waterfall?


Fixed. And nope, you're wrong. Let's just say, a new party has to start getting encouragement in this Province and at the last minute decided to throw some encouragement that way.

So sick of the extreme back and forths between Liberals and NDP. Someone has to start with vote.
I hereby ban Trump, the Russian's monkey-Do, from my funeral. McCain had it right.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 53045
Likes: 12200 posts
Liked in: 12795 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 17th, 2018, 12:15 pm

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
As stated I don't care whom you voted for, as it's your choice to make, however that being said, you might wish to consider the optics, of how what you post comes across. :smt045

When you're caught cheerleading for the NDP, in a misleading photo op/announcement, people will tend to come to the conclusion you are a supporter.
Last edited by Urban Cowboy on Feb 17th, 2018, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3835
Likes: 3691 posts
Liked in: 5580 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Snman » Feb 17th, 2018, 12:16 pm

You get my vote, Queen K. Start a new party, like 'the Queens'. Sounds inclusive enough anyway.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

rustled likes this post.
Snman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1044
Likes: 1149 posts
Liked in: 770 posts
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 6:27 am

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Queen K » Feb 17th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Old Techie wrote:[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
As stated I don't care whom you voted for, as it's your choice to make, however that being said, you might wish to consider the optics, of how what you post comes across. :smt045

When you're caught cheerleading for the NDP, in a misleading photo op/announcement, people will tend to come to the conclusion you are a supporter.


I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't care. Again, it was a protest vote, a protest from the toxic, strained relationship in this Province that the Liberals and the NDP have, as proven by many posts here, especially some of you.
I hereby ban Trump, the Russian's monkey-Do, from my funeral. McCain had it right.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 53045
Likes: 12200 posts
Liked in: 12795 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 17th, 2018, 12:39 pm

Queen K wrote:
Old Techie wrote:[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
As stated I don't care whom you voted for, as it's your choice to make, however that being said, you might wish to consider the optics, of how what you post comes across. :smt045

When you're caught cheerleading for the NDP, in a misleading photo op/announcement, people will tend to come to the conclusion you are a supporter.


I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't care. Again, it was a protest vote, a protest from the toxic, strained relationship in this Province that the Liberals and the NDP have, as proven by many posts here, especially some of you.


We learned how well protest votes work out, when Liberals parked them with the Greens last election. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3835
Likes: 3691 posts
Liked in: 5580 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Previous

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest