Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Post by flamingfingers »

The operative word here is "voluntarily" - I don't think there was anything 'voluntary' about his stepping aside for Christy.
Chill
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The NDP need more seats right? Is it strategic not to run someone there? Somehow?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

flamingfingers wrote:The operative word here is "voluntarily" - I don't think there was anything 'voluntary' about his stepping aside for Christy.

They couldn't just force him to resign, so it had to be somewhat voluntary. I'd love to know exactly what went down to make him willingly compromise his promise to the people of Kelowna-West?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Backroom deals for a cushy position? :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Queen K wrote:The NDP need more seats right? Is it strategic not to run someone there? Somehow?

The majority of the electorate in West Kelowna riding would sooner drink Jim Jones Orange Juice than vote NDP. A good Green Candidate could possibly challenge Ben but I double dog dare anyone to think it would be successful.
Chill
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

All I see from this guy is arrogance...........and surrounded by brainwashed suckers that buy every word that comes out of his mouth. Ben........you dropped the ball once.........go to the sidelines.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Christy was not the only political party leader to lose a seat in an BC Provincial election, then ask for volunteer to give up their seat.
Maybe check BC election history, to see who that was. It may surprise some of you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

@neilsimon:
Christy offered him a plum position that paid him more than he was making as an MLA. She entitled this 'fake' position "BC Special Representative to Asia", or some such nonsense. Christy and her crew made out like bandits on our dime. I can hardly wait to find out the results of that forensic audit.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:There will be a by-election probably in early February 2018. Who do you see as suitable candidates for representing your area?

I would take a chance and go with a Green Party candidate - depending on background, knowledge and commitment - someone who lives in the community and intends to stay there.

Any suggestions? Any views on who?

The Green Party sucks, almost as much as the horrid NDP. Why would you wish evil on the people of West Kelowna? What did they ever do to you?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:How much enthusiasm and energy would a Liberal candidate put forth to represent the West Kelowna electorate in the face of the fact he/she would be sitting in opposition without any ability to do anything to influence government decisions? A Green candidate on the other hand, in view of the alliance (NOT a coalition) could make a difference to the West Kelowna residents.

What's the point of "making a difference" if the difference is a stupid one made by a really crazy lunatic?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

BeingHuman wrote:
Agreed, and no one knows that scary situation more than Rachel Notley.

The anti-Christy Clark nincompoops were threatening Motley too? How odd.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Replacing Christy Clark in Kelowna West with another BC Liberal candidate is like replacing the Titanic with the Lusitania.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

And yet that still sounds so much better than the peanut chucking chimps in the other party.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Old Techie wrote:And yet that still sounds so much better than the peanut chucking chimps in the other party.

And the peanut chucking chimps in power are left with only empty shells
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2017, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting

Return to “B.C.”