Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Post by Piecemaker »

If Ben Stewart wins the nomination to run as the West Kelowna Liberal in the by-election, I think that he will win. As will any other Liberal candidate.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

^^^ Oh, that's a given. The Okanagan ridings always go to the SCRAP, no matter who or what is running.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:I thought this topic was 'replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy'. Someone must have a sensible rebuttal to my 'Titanic/Lusitania' comment.

I do. I don't understand your comment. The Green and NDP would be far worse than any Liberal. The step down to Green or NDP is monumental. If CC is the Titanic then the NDP is the A bomb.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
lasnomadas wrote:I thought this topic was 'replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy'. Someone must have a sensible rebuttal to my 'Titanic/Lusitania' comment.

I do. I don't understand your comment. The Green and NDP would be far worse than any Liberal. The step down to Green or NDP is monumental. If CC is the Titanic then the NDP is the A bomb.

And here I thought you'd compare the NDP to the SS Minnow.

I fully expect all three parties to come up with candidates thought suitable, but like FF points out they'd rather not vote NDP.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Christy was not the only political party leader to lose a seat in an BC Provincial election, then ask for volunteer to give up their seat.
Maybe check BC election history, to see who that was. It may surprise some of you.

Okay, very obvious hint:
This person not only lost a seat as a MLA also lost being the premier of BC. As the leader of the party needed to be present in the BC Legislature. So one of other elected party member volunteered to give up their seat for a by-election for the leader of the party.
This hint is a giveaway
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2017, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2017, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2017, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to bait
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:
I fully expect all three parties to come up with candidates thought suitable, but like FF points out they'd rather not vote NDP.

It would be nice if the NDP would run someone who isn't a useless union stooge, but they won't, and it would be nice if the Greens didn't run some enviro nut who can't do math, but they won't. Just curious also- are the NDP going to be enacting their horribly racist and sexist nomination policies for the West Kelowna riding? Does anybody know?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I think the Kelowna West riding is one that the NDP and the Greens will pick the candidate they think has the best chance of beating the BC Liberal candidate. So your choices will be: BC Lib vs BC NDP, or BC Lib vs BC Green. There won't be both NDP and Green candidates names on the ballot. I doubt if there will be a BC Con name on the ballot unless the BC Libs decide to make another name change before the by-election.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:

It would be nice if the NDP would run someone who isn't a useless union stooge, but they won't, and it would be nice if the Greens didn't run some enviro nut who can't do math, but they won't. Just curious also- are the NDP going to be enacting their horribly racist and sexist nomination policies for the West Kelowna riding? Does anybody know?

And this is where you and I have complete and utter agreement. As for NDP's nomination policies, I am stricken that they've resorted to such backward and horrid policies. As for knowing anything for sure, this is British Columbia, did anyone know for certain Christy was going to be leaving you guys in the lurch like this? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

'Racist and sexist'???
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:'Racist and sexist'???

Try to keep up.

https://www.google.ca/amp/vancouversun. ... riding/amp
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Oh, I recall that tempest in a teapot - men and women making unfounded accusations against one another. But it all worked out for the best with Furstenau being elected for the Greens.
Chill

Return to “B.C.”