Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Post by Queen K »

So Mark Thompson is going to split the conservative vote.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Queen K wrote:So Mark Thompson is going to split the conservative vote.

Doubt it. If there was any justice the race would be between him and Robert Stupka, and I'm not a fan of either party, but they look to me to be the best people for the job. The turnout wasn't large enough to make a whit of difference and I suspect most people in Kelowna-West are already set in their ways, voting on autopilot, election after election.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Verum wrote:
Queen K wrote:So Mark Thompson is going to split the conservative vote.

Doubt it. If there was any justice the race would be between him and Robert Stupka, and I'm not a fan of either party, but they look to me to be the best people for the job. The turnout wasn't large enough to make a whit of difference and I suspect most people in Kelowna-West are already set in their ways, voting on autopilot, election after election.

Ah yes, that's what I plan to do. I have my fav poster to cancel out and once done, that's it.
So yes, on Autopilot here too. Guilty as charged.
:up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
lasnomadas wrote:I'm not exactly thrilled with the NDP's nomination process either,

I am curious as to why you aren't thrilled. Please elaborate. Also I am stunned that one of the biggest NDP mouthpieces here would actually say something about the NDP that wasn't spun to the positive. I am shocked even. You guys NEVER admit to anything negative in your party. Even the dumbest things you guys do and day are constantly spun or ignored. Could this be the sign of the NDP zombies tirning a new leaf? Some tiny amount of humility seeping into the giant pool of NDP arrogance and stupidity? I can't believe it.

Why is it that radical right-wingers always think everyone else is as partisan as they are? I call all political parties out if I think they deserve it, whereas the BC Liberal cheerleaders can't even admit that Christy Clark cabal was and still is corrupt.

BTW, have you noticed that of all the public opinion forums, Castanet is the only one with a multitude of right-wing supporters?
kelownaobserver

Post by kelownaobserver »

NDP for me. Too much corruption in the past and present when it comes to the BC Liberals
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:I'm not exactly thrilled with the NDP's nomination process either,

Cactusflower wrote:
I am curious as to why you aren't thrilled. Please elaborate. Also I am stunned that one of the biggest NDP mouthpieces here would actually say something about the NDP that wasn't spun to the positive. I am shocked even. You guys NEVER admit to anything negative in your party. Even the dumbest things you guys do and day are constantly spun or ignored. Could this be the sign of the NDP zombies tirning a new leaf? Some tiny amount of humility seeping into the giant pool of NDP arrogance and stupidity? I can't believe it.

Why is it that radical right-wingers always think everyone else is as partisan as they are? I call all political parties out if I think they deserve it, whereas the BC Liberal cheerleaders can't even admit that Christy Clark cabal was and still is corrupt.

BTW, have you noticed that of all the public opinion forums, Castanet is the only one with a multitude of right-wing supporters?

*removed*

From where I sit and observe, the Horgan cabal also was and still is corrupt, more blatantly so even given the short time back in office, as numerous acts of patronage can attest. And let's not leave out the NDG conspiracy to help themselves to our tax dollars, since they are too inept to raise their own party funds.
Last edited by ferri on Feb 1st, 2018, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 1st, 2018, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is not the Bickering Room.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

kelownaobserver wrote:NDP for me. Too much corruption in the past and present when it comes to the BC Liberals

BC Liberals for me. Too much corruption in the past and present when it comes to the NDP. My vote isn't really for the Liberals, it's to keep the disgustingly corrupt, totally moronic NDP out in West Kelowna.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Verum wrote:Doubt it. If there was any justice the race would be between him and Robert Stupka, and I'm not a fan of either party, but they look to me to be the best people for the job. The turnout wasn't large enough to make a whit of difference and I suspect most people in Kelowna-West are already set in their ways, voting on autopilot, election after election.

I think things would change dramatically if the NDP disbanded. You'd have a lot of people voting for the best candidate, instead of just voting to keep the evil and stupid NDP out.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

kelownaobserver wrote:NDP for me. Too much corruption in the past and present when it comes to the BC Liberals

BC Liberals for me. Too much corruption in the past and present when it comes to the NDP. My vote isn't really for the Liberals, it's to keep the disgustingly corrupt, totally moronic NDP out in West Kelowna.

And therein lies the reason that the Okanagan Valley has elected corrupt politicians for decades.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

NDP for me. Too much corruption in the past and present when it comes to the BC Liberals. My vote isn't really for the NDP , it's to keep the disgustingly corrupt , totally self serving BC Liberals out of West Kelowna.

Of course , GB will come up with some nonsense rationalization of how he is somehow right , and I am somehow wrong.
The farce is strong with that one.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
And therein lies the reason that the Okanagan Valley has elected corrupt politicians for decades.

And why the lower mainland has elected corrupt politicians for decades. The NDP must go. It's the only hope to solve the corruption issue.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:
NDP for me. Too much corruption in the past and present when it comes to the BC Liberals. My vote isn't really for the NDP , it's to keep the disgustingly corrupt , totally self serving BC Liberals out of West Kelowna.

Of course , GB will come up with some nonsense rationalization of how he is somehow right , and I am somehow wrong.
The farce is strong with that one.

And the stupid is strong with anyone who votes NDP, in my opinion, if they are concerned with corruption. It's actually incredibly hypocritical to say you are voting NDP, if you honestly think corruption is an issue. The NDP aren't just horribly corrupt, they are a bunch of bumbling morons.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The NDP strategy, given that most people don't agree with the basic policies of the party, is to keep screaming "corruption" when it comes to the BC Liberals. Actual corruption on the part of the NDP is just ignored though. It's all politics and it's one of the reasons that so many people tune out and don't vote.

There are many reasons to vote Liberal in the upcoming by-election and one of them is that even a prominent NDP'er on here gave Ben Stewart a glowing endorsement a few years ago. When Christy Clark found the need to run in the Kelowna West riding she pointed out that Stewart had been an outstanding MLA and that Clark shouldn't have run here. So when a dedicated NDP'er gives Stewart an endorsement like that it's worth noting!
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Urbane wrote:The NDP strategy, given that most people don't agree with the basic policies of the party, is to keep screaming "corruption" when it comes to the BC Liberals. Actual corruption on the part of the NDP is just ignored though. It's all politics and it's one of the reasons that so many people tune out and don't vote.

There are many reasons to vote Liberal in the upcoming by-election and one of them is that even a prominent NDP'er on here gave Ben Stewart a glowing endorsement a few years ago. When Christy Clark found the need to run in the Kelowna West riding she pointed out that Stewart had been an outstanding MLA and that Clark shouldn't have run here. So when a dedicated NDP'er gives Stewart an endorsement like that it's worth noting!

I get the feeling that you missed the all candidate forum. Cook didn't particularly go after Stewart or the Liberals and actually ran a fairly clean discussion. Stewart was very weak, though similarly clean in treatment of the NDP.

I was expecting far more from Stewart and Cook, but both were just not good at all.

Return to “B.C.”