Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Replacing West Kelowna MLA Christy

Post by Dizzy1 »

Cactusflower wrote:
Not likely. Nothing's going to help Stewart on Wednesday, not even his insufferable TV ads. He's the only one I've seen wasting his (or his party's) money on that silly stuff, especially when it's his very own party that will sink his election chances.

:popcorn:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Beware the Conservative Party.

Mark Thompson has ambitions.

Stewart down 6%+. from last election.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Verum wrote: I really don't think the quality of the candidates is even remotely reflected in the vote received.

I have to agree with you. The NDP shouldn't have got any votes whatsoever, if people were voting on quality.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

gordon_as wrote:What's down is the total number of voters. You would think that it would have gone up considering the circumstances. I could be wrong , but I would say that this result shows that the die hard party voters turned up , and joe public didn't.

That could be because voters really don't give a damn who wins, so why bother voting.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Urbane wrote:Horgan put everything into this race. He waited and waited and then called it for the day after the Throne Speech hoping to win people over to the NDP. Well it didn't work. Shelley Cook is struggling to get up to 25% of the vote. Very poor showing and it should give Horgan something to think about. Congratulations to Ben Stewart!

Do you honestly think that Horgan, or anyone of note in the NDP actually thought they had a snowball's chance in hell of winning this election?

Of course they didn't. The level of swing required just doesn't happen without a Roy Moore event. And if you look at previous elections, the results are basically as before.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

GordonH wrote:
gordon_as wrote:What's down is the total number of voters. You would think that it would have gone up considering the circumstances. I could be wrong , but I would say that this result shows that the die hard party voters turned up , and joe public didn't.

That could be because voters really don't give a damn who wins, so why bother voting.

It was a by-election. They traditionally get very low turnouts, with the previous Kelowna-West one being an anomaly.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Verum wrote:
    Of course they didn't. The level of swing required just doesn't happen without a Roy Moore event. And if you look at previous elections, the results are basically as before.
Of course not but he was hoping for a much better showing than what we saw today. Shelley Cook is below 24%. Not a good showing at all.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:Horgan put everything into this race. He waited and waited and then called it for the day after the Throne Speech hoping to win people over to the NDP. Well it didn't work. Shelley Cook is struggling to get up to 25% of the vote. Very poor showing and it should give Horgan something to think about. Congratulations to Ben Stewart!

Everything to make sure Ben Stewart wins. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
Verum wrote: I really don't think the quality of the candidates is even remotely reflected in the vote received.

I have to agree with you. The NDP shouldn't have got any votes whatsoever, if people were voting on quality.

I wouldn't say any, but like Stewart, and Geronazzo they should all have basically been under 10% if the vote was such a reflection.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Old Techie wrote:
Sure that's what the story is now.

That's not what Cactusflower was predicting as recently as last night.

Where is CF? Still counting ballots and complaining about the Penticton Hospital not getting started? Telling everyone about all of that farmland being flooded in the Peace River Valley?

Over at Riley's listening to "Tear In My Beer".
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Cactusflower wrote:Time will tell, but I sure wouldn't be putting any money on Stewart in this race.

Your bookie is laughing all the way to the bank.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Urbane wrote:...
Of course not but he was hoping for a much better showing than what we saw today. Shelley Cook is below 24%. Not a good showing at all.

Not surprised in the least. She did drop a little since the last election, but she is a weak candidate and a liability to the NDP.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
Not likely. Nothing's going to help Stewart on Wednesday, not even his insufferable TV ads. He's the only one I've seen wasting his (or his party's) money on that silly stuff, especially when it's his very own party that will sink his election chances.

:popcorn:

The bookies nightmare, all the gamblers have to do is bet the opposite of whatever CF says, for the guaranteed win.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Verum wrote:Not surprised in the least. She did drop a little since the last election, but she is a weak candidate and a liability to the NDP.
You blame her for the drop and not her party and its policies? Seriously?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Verum wrote:Not surprised in the least. She did drop a little since the last election, but she is a weak candidate and a liability to the NDP.

The NDP is their own worst liability.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “B.C.”