Faro mine clean up

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Faro mine clean up

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.desmog.ca/2017/08/08/photos ... ated-sites

i put this here because some folks do not get the fact that when mines pollute rightwing govt do not make the companies pay their fairshare,instead few kickbacks and we the taxpayer pay for the mess .

ie mt polley and soon ksm
lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: Faro mine clean up

Post by lasnomadas »

There are people on this forum who won't click on these photos because they prefer to live like mushrooms........ kept in the dark and fed daily rations of manure, by the mining companies and their faux-Liberal government partners.

There are at least two other similar B.C. mines of note--the Tulsequah Chief Mine near the Alaska border, leaking acid mine drainage into the Tulsequah River since 1957 when it was abandoned. And of course, the infamous Mt. Polley mine that the BC Liberal government has spent 3 years 'investigating' as they waited for the statute of limitations to run out. Thank goodness for Bev Sellars, who decided to file a private lawsuit, rather than wait for the federal government to get around to prosecuting the owners, Imperial Metals, one of the BC Liberals' biggest donors.

But all of these mines pale in comparison to the Alberta tar sands. Syncrude, the largest oil corporation has requested that the Alberta Energy Regulator allow them until the year 2085 to clean up their numerous tailings ponds. They have chosen the cheapest and least efficient method of doing this, of course, and if the AER approves this environmental disaster, you can be sure all the other tar sands 'miners' will follow suit.

We have to try to intervene by writing to the President and CEO of Syncrude, the Chairman of the Board, and the Albert Energy Regulator.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

P.S. SumofUs.org makes it easy to compose and send your letter.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

lasnomadas wrote:P.S. SumofUs.org makes it easy to compose and send your letter.

So you two are saying that god horgan will clean these sites like he put out the fires as one had stated . :130:
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Those B.C. mines should have been forced to clean up their messes years ago. As I pointed out, it seems to take a private prosecution to force those mining corporations to clean up their acts when the various levels of government drag their feet, as they've done on the Mt.Polley disaster.

And as for those Alberta tar sands corporations, Syncrude et al, it's out of Horgan's jurisdiction, and the only sensible thing he can do is try to limit even more destruction over there by doing his best to stop the KMX.

Return to “B.C.”