Energy minister Mungall doesn't know Hydro CEO is fired

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Energy minister Mungall doesn't know Hydro CEO is fired

Post by Urbane »

mr.bandaid wrote:Premier Christy Clark accuses NDP of hacking her email...........See two can come up with stupid things parties have done.
Talk about apples and oranges. Not to mention an off-topic deflection. Clark's mishandling of the hacking case, and no question she mishandled it, has nothing to do with an NDP minister who seems unprepared for the job and out of the loop.

We were assured that the NDP would do things differently and so far the major difference is that they're doing things worse. I hope that Michelle Mungall gets her act together and I hope that Horgan does a better job in communicating with her in the future.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Urbane wrote:
    mr.bandaid wrote:Premier Christy Clark accuses NDP of hacking her email...........See two can come up with stupid things parties have done.
Talk about apples and oranges. Not to mention an off-topic deflection. Clark's mishandling of the hacking case, and no question she mishandled it, has nothing to do with an NDP minister who seems unprepared for the job and out of the loop.

We were assured that the NDP would do things differently and so far the major difference is that they're doing things worse. I hope that Michelle Mungall gets her act together and I hope that Horgan does a better job in communicating with her in the future.

yeah I knew you wouldn't like this but Clark had how many years to put her poop in a pile and still screw up whereas the NDP minister was in her cabinet what, a week or so.DO NOT make it personal, Thanks
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 12th, 2017, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

mr.bandaid wrote:yeah I knew you wouldn't like this but Clark had how many years to put her poop in a pile and still screw up whereas the NDP minister was in her cabinet what, a week or so.off topic .

Yup, it seems like the NDP won't bother getting their poop in a pile, why wait, they can screw things up right away.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 12th, 2017, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: remove off topic quoted comment
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

mikest2 wrote:
mr.bandaid wrote:yeah I knew you wouldn't like this but Clark had how many years to put her poop in a pile and still screw up whereas the NDP minister was in her cabinet what, a week or so.off topic .

Yup, it seems like the NDP won't bother getting their poop in a pile, why wait, they can screw things up right away.

I wish I could say that the only thing Clark screwed up was the whole hacking thing. Look back guys and tell me seriously that the liberals were perfect in all ways. I am not an NDP fan under Horgan and Weaver is a nut bar but the liberals had 16 years to build trust amoung the people of BC and the reason the lost power had nothing to do with the NDP and everything to do with the fact they could no longer be trusted.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Actually, while it is an inconvenient truth, by Canadian parliamentary conventions, the BC Liberals did not lose power. The NDP seized power through a back room deal, the only way they would ever get to form government. The NDP have not won a provincial election since 1996 - and even in that one they lost the popular vote - just as they did this time.

What this topic goes to is that Michelle Mungall, while it appears she could be a good minister, has not really been given the ministry. The 1990s NDP gang are using her as a front while they go ahead and start their usual spree of disturbance and ruckus with no constructive end.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

^^ For someone who is firmly in the BC Liberal camp, you seem to have a lot of inside information about what goes on in the NDP camp. Are you a BCLP mole?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

hobbyguy wrote:Actually, while it is an inconvenient truth, by Canadian parliamentary conventions, the BC Liberals did not lose power. The NDP seized power through a back room deal, the only way they would ever get to form government. The NDP have not won a provincial election since 1996 - and even in that one they lost the popular vote - just as they did this time.

What this topic goes to is that Michelle Mungall, while it appears she could be a good minister, has not really been given the ministry. The 1990s NDP gang are using her as a front while they go ahead and start their usual spree of disturbance and ruckus with no constructive end.

However you want to spin it the liberals are not in power. Nice deflection with unsubstantiated, make it up on the fly facts.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Wrong as usual las.

I have said it before: I wanted half of the Green party platform and half of the Liberal party platform - and none of the NDP platform. I have given strong reasons for that, and suggested during the election that the Greens were a better "change" option than the NDP.

In essence, my value for governance starts with competence first, policies second, people and personalities third, party affiliation last.

In looking at the BC NDP cabinet appointments one of the ones that surprised me was Michelle Mungall. I kinda went "who???". Then I looked into Michelle's profile a bit, and discovered that Michelle has more to offer as a cabinet minister from my perspective than most of the sorry lot of hacks that were appointed (Carole James excepted). I went from "who???" to "this person has potential to be a good minister".

Then I see the 1990s NDP hacks trampling all over that potential - and it annoys me. I think everyone, NDP partisans included, should tell Horgan to back off (I would put it more, umm, forcefully than that) and trust Michelle and allow her to do the job.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Where are you getting this inside info regarding the NDP, 'hob'? (I think this is a legitimate question.)
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Not telling las. Don't want expose all my wiretaps lol...

Return to “B.C.”