Shootings in Surrey

dle
Lord of the Board

Shootings in Surrey

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#203917

This is scary stuff but I can't think of any way they can stop it. It's gone from bad to worse to out of control. They can maybe catch the shooters but maybe not and it seems there's another one around the corner to take their place. It's happening in Surrey but it's happened right here in Kelowna. It's not just down in the states anymore - we have gangs of our own in Canada but we have gangs moving in from other countries and these people don't care about collateral damage or who else might get caught up in their wars.

It bugs me when the police say "no danger to the general public". When someone is shooting a gun in a public place of course there is danger to the public - those bullets can ricochet, the gunmen could be lousy shots, an innocent person can wander by at the exact wrong moment.

Even if they catch them and they are put in jail awaiting trial, sometimes the case gets tossed for want of prosecution because of the delaying tactics used. Lawyers, Judges, the court system, the laws themselves often benefit the accused. Games are played, tactical moves are made by lawyers, Judges give credit for time served but do it at time and a half - why? This only benefits the bad guys.

This is the new reality - it's all just a big deadly game to so many of the players - the ones on the bad side and the ones on the good side - and the rest of us are caught in the middle with no say in any of it.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Shootings in Surrey

Post by the truth »

i for one think the rcmp is doing a good job, but like you said these useless judges and lawyers find a loopholes and set them free.
i for one blame soft on crime society we live in now
i say change the law, build a giant jail in the middle of no where if you are over 18 years old and are convicted of being part of a ----criminal gang ----it pretty much says you do not care about living by societies rules if found guilty ,jail for life

we need to stop f :cuss: around ,with these scumbags
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dle
Lord of the Board

Re: Shootings in Surrey

Post by dle »

the truth wrote:i for one think the rcmp is doing a good job, but like you said these useless judges and lawyers find a loopholes and set them free.
i for one blame soft on crime society we live in now
i say change the law, build a giant jail in the middle of no where if you are over 18 years old and are convicted of being part of a ----criminal gang ----it pretty much says you do not care about living by societies rules if found guilty ,jail for life

we need to stop f :cuss: around ,with these scumbags

Agreed about the RCMP - must really grate their nerves when they risk their lives to go out and investigate, catch and arrest these people, and fill out hours and hours of endless paperwork to try and get them off the streets only to have them released because lawyers played games and made deals and/or judges handed down basically a slap on the wrist. Definitely a "soft" society with no consequences to actions. Makes it easy peasy for the criminal gangs to continue to operate.

Return to “B.C.”