Killed to "save his soul" ... Really? More mental issues...

BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Killed to "save his soul" ... Really? More mental issues...

Post by BigBearBruno »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#203965

And here we have what has become the norm in society now. Criminals getting slaps on the wrist for murder, rape, pedophilia, you name it. They cry "mental issues" and out comes the sympathy and the bleeding hearts to help them. Really really pathetic!
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Killed to "save his soul" ... Really? More mental issues

Post by Hassel99 »

Its really not the norm, don't let the media highlights shape your perspective.

I 100% agree with the rest of your point. If you are crazy enough to do these things you don't belong in society.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

BigBearBruno wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-203965-3-.htm#203965

And here we have what has become the norm in society now. Criminals getting slaps on the wrist for murder, rape, pedophilia, you name it. They cry "mental issues" and out comes the sympathy and the bleeding hearts to help them. Really really pathetic!

Who are the bleeding hearts who helped the criminal in this case? Three psychiatrists gave evidence that the man was in a state of psychosis influenced by schizophrenia. Are you saying three separate psychiatrists conspired to lie in court to get a criminal off because they're bleeding hearts? Seems like a very far-fetched theory.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
BigBearBruno wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-203965-3-.htm#203965

Who are the bleeding hearts who helped the criminal in this case? Three psychiatrists gave evidence that the man was in a state of psychosis influenced by schizophrenia. Are you saying three separate psychiatrists conspired to lie in court to get a criminal off because they're bleeding hearts? Seems like a very far-fetched theory.

I'm holding out to hear more about the story. If he actually is mentally ill, he should be locked up if he's capable of this. Certainly not just allowed to roam around free with a promise that he'll "take his meds" ...What happens the next time he's off his meds and kills someone? More psychiatrists to get him off? People are responsible for their own actions, mentally ill or not.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

BigBearBruno wrote: People are responsible for their own actions, mentally ill or not.

The whole flaw in your argument is here. It is not in conformance with the law. The point is that they are not responsible for their actions.
I'm not necessarily in total agreement with that, but it is the law. Why not spend your energy getting the law changed if you don't like it?
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “B.C.”