ICBC a mess....

Re: ICBC a mess....

Postby Hassel99 » Sep 1st, 2017, 12:32 pm

ninetyninepct wrote:Close friends in Lethbridge just bought a car identical to ours except for color. Insurance for virtually the same coverage is slightly more than half of what we pay ICBC. ICBC is a horribly expensive ripoff. Shut it down, open us up to free market and eventually get rid of an awful lot of Government workers. e would also save millions on the perpetual lawyers fees.

There are many other factors to consider.

Did you get the same liability limits? Road star or not? Loss of use coverage? Extra uninsured motorist protection?
Are driving records identical? Do Either of your have households have drivers with less tan 10 years driving experience?
Are the vehicles being operated in the same territory?

To say it's the same vehicle and the premium should be the same shows you don't understand the factors that determine premiums.

Stop using half information to build up the hysteria.

my5cents likes this post.
Hassel99
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2302 posts

Re: ICBC a mess....

Postby my5cents » Sep 1st, 2017, 4:34 pm

Hassel99 wrote:There are many other factors to consider.

Did you get the same liability limits? Road star or not? Loss of use coverage? Extra uninsured motorist protection?
Are driving records identical? Do Either of your have households have drivers with less tan 10 years driving experience?
Are the vehicles being operated in the same territory?

To say it's the same vehicle and the premium should be the same shows you don't understand the factors that determine premiums.

Stop using half information to build up the hysteria.

Not to mention it is VERY common in Alberta to not have glass coverage. Most vehicle have it in BC. Glass coverage is very expensive in AB.

Very hard to compare province to province for MANY reasons.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 768 posts

Previous

Return to B.C.