Apology for Gordon Wilson

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Apology for Gordon Wilson

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:OldIslander is bang on with his post!!

10/10

And the topic seems to have slid off the news cycle now. Well, except for here, but considering... you know.
No, some of you have absolutely no clue as to how defamation cases are handled. Oldslander points to Gordon Wilson's marital issues from long ago but those issues have absolutely nothing to do with Horgan and Ralston defaming Wilson. As for the news cycle of course the issue is quiet now, but just wait . . .
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

No, Wilson's past nefarious activities won't have an effect on his 'defamation' suit. I do not believe OldIslander in any way implied it; however, a future 'employer' may look back on Gordon Wilson's past activities to determine suitability.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:No, Wilson's past nefarious activities won't have an effect on his 'defamation' suit. I do not believe OldIslander in any way implied it; however, a future 'employer' may look back on Gordon Wilson's past activities to determine suitability.
There are positive and negative opinions about Gordon Wilson as there are about all politicians. However, those opinions have nothing to do with this case. Nothing.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^That is exactly what I have said Urbane. A future employer may look back on Gordon Wilson's 'record' of loyalty, adherence to principles and morals to determine Gordon's suitability for a position. But an employer will probably not base his decision on Wilson's suit - whether he succeeds or loses, OK?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:^^That is exactly what I have said Urbane. A future employer may look back on Gordon Wilson's 'record' of loyalty, adherence to principles and morals to determine Gordon's suitability for a position. But an employer will probably not base his decision on Wilson's suit - whether he succeeds or loses, OK?
No, it's most definitely NOT OK! You are helping to prove Wilson's case though. It's pretty low to throw insults at Wilson given that it was Horgan and Ralston who defamed him. You should think about reserving some of your angst for Horgan and Ralston instead of minimizing what they did.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Wilson will prove his bona fides to a 'future employer'. Nothing to do with his present suit (if he decides to proceed).
Chill
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I always remember the song about him I still laugh when I hear it although its been a while for sure
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Wilson will prove his bona fides to a 'future employer'. Nothing to do with his present suit (if he decides to proceed).

When a person is defamed, as has Wilson, it's not just about future employment. Or perhaps not about future employment at all. You may not consider Gordon Wilson's reputation as important but he considers his reputation important and that's what matters. Got it? Your leader screwed up big time and you should be thinking about that rather than minimizing what happened.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

For some reason, some people cannot accept the fact that Horgan and Ralston Lied. Plain and simple, Lied, Bold face lied. They had knowledge contrary to what they stated. That.........is a LIE !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

So the NDP haters are still thinking that if Wilson goes ahead with his frivolous lawsuit and wins, he will suffer no adverse consequences? Even if he wins the lawsuit he won't be winning any big financial windfall, which must be why he's doing this. 'Defamation of character' or whatever he calls it, when applied to him is laughable. Maybe $550,000 won't allow him to live in the way he's become accustomed for very long, but surely Judy can pitch in some of her book royalties.
off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 17th, 2017, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:@Oldislander:
Best comment on this thread so far. .

I don’t think anyone in this thread has sided with Horgan & Ralston – we all agree that their comments were moronic. I think we all also agree that they libeled Wilson. Anyone who continues to pontificate about this is preaching to the choir.

These are good comments, that's for sure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

^^That last part went right over your head, didn't it?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:^^That last part went right over your head, didn't it?

Nope. Those were good comments. Twin dummies Horgan and Ralston are idiots and should resign.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Former LNG advocate Gordon Wilson sues B.C. Premier John Horgan for defamation

Former B.C. LNG advocate Gordon Wilson has filed a lawsuit against Premier John Horgan and Jobs Minister Bruce Ralston after Horgan and Ralston implied Wilson had not done any real work during his tenure.

Powell River NDP MP Rachel Blaney is also named in the suit.

Wilson is seeking $5 million in damages, according to his lawyer Robert Hainsworth.

Horgan later apologized to Wilson, saying if Raston missed some of the documentation of Wilson's work, he [Horgan] was sorry to have said otherwise.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4252164

Angry John is going to need to learn how to calm down and keep his mouth shut, the province can not afford any more of this idiocy.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^He can sue for any amount he wishes - doesn't mean he has a chance to get it.
Chill

Return to “B.C.”