Apology for Gordon Wilson

lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: Apology for Gordon Wilson

Post by lasnomadas »

I agree with you this far, Urb. Damage has been done to Wilson's reputation. No question. BUT, it was done by Wilson himself, several times since 1990, the last time when he endorsed Christy in her 2013 election campaign in exchange for a patronage appointment as her 'LNG Advocate'. Doesn't look like he was very good at the job, does it?

Most judges in B.C. have lived in this province long enough to know what Gordon 'Flip' Wilson is all about. This judge will likely advise Wilson to withdraw this frivolous suit, or he'll simply dismiss the case and Flip will end up with egg on his face.......again.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

if Gordon FD Wilson was such a person who had an impeccable reputation, garnered such respect for his principles, honesty and integrity, why are people not supporting him?
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Don't think anybody said that. However, he did some work that is not in line with what some would consider useful, and the same choose to spread the lie that no work was done.

That's the damage caused by the words.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

lasnomadas wrote:I agree with you this far, Urb. Damage has been done to Wilson's reputation. No question. BUT, it was done by Wilson himself, several times since 1990, the last time when he endorsed Christy in her 2013 election campaign in exchange for a patronage appointment as her 'LNG Advocate'. Doesn't look like he was very good at the job, does it?

Most judges in B.C. have lived in this province long enough to know what Gordon 'Flip' Wilson is all about. This judge will likely advise Wilson to withdraw this frivolous suit, or he'll simply dismiss the case and Flip will end up with egg on his face.......again.

The Judge will look at the facts of the case , and the facts only.

Anything else is irrelevant.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

One look at the facts and he'll throw Flip and his suit out the door. Then he'll have a good laugh with the court clerk.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

The first 2 questions are
- did the statements happen
- are the statements defamatory

Next will be the effect of the statements.

Having the apology promptly given will mitigate. It may or may not be enough. The repetition in here that he didn't do work indicates the statement has lingered beyond the apology.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Bottom line is Liberals find fault with NDP appointees and NDP find fault with Liberal Appointees

its all a vicious circle NDP over all have done more damage than good fore the people of BC over time
lets hope this is not a repeat of deeds gone past
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Exactly, the court case is not about his past, it is about whether or not they said something defamatory. Their apologies are an admittance of wrong doing. The case is not even about the work he did, whether it was worthwhile or not but whether or not. He did the work, it was reported and they admitted it, they admitted they had it on record. Legally that is what the judge looks at, nothing else whether someone would like him to or not. Wilson has a good case, the only thing left is what to do about it. I am happy he sued. They have to be called out for what they did and I'm happy he is doing it. I do not know whether they can look at his past reputation when deciding the payment or whatever. I am certainly not a legal expert. What I do know is that in the eyes of the law a prostitute can be raped.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

His past would be relevant if the statements would be less damaging due to past performance.

So, can anybody prove he has a history of not working when paid?

And I don't mean work you don't agree with or think is worthless.

Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

lasnomadas wrote:One look at the facts and he'll throw Flip and his suit out the door. Then he'll have a good laugh with the court clerk.

It is ignorant statements like this that will ensure that Wilson will receive a large settlement.

I can assure you the Judge will not be having " a good laugh with the court clerk".

Your lack of knowledge of the law is not surprising at all though.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

lasnomadas wrote:One look at the facts and he'll throw Flip and his suit out the door. Then he'll have a good laugh with the court clerk.

Such faith in the courts when it serves your purpose.
lasnomadas wrote:Don't you find it the least bit odd that almost every ruling handed down by the B.C. courts ends up being overturned by the Supreme Court of Canada (after years of appeals)?

lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I'm sure the judge bothers to read these Castanet forums.....LOL. What I write here will have no bearing on the case, and neither will anyone else's comments. This is a public opinion forum and I'm stating my opinion......that's all.

Once again, my opinion of 'Flip' Wilson is that he's a person of ill-repute and has been for his entire political life. And if I were Ralston and Horgan, I would have not broadcast Wilson's ineptitude to the media, and I would not have apologized for what I said either. But I'm not a public figure and I don't have to be politically correct all the time like they do.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

lasnomadas wrote:I'm sure the judge bothers to read these Castanet forums.....LOL. What I write here will have no bearing on the case, and neither will anyone else's comments. This is a public opinion forum and I'm stating my opinion......that's all.
He can point to social media and show an effect.
lasnomadas wrote:Once again, my opinion of 'Flip' Wilson is that he's a person of ill-repute and has been for his entire political life. And if I were Ralston and Horgan, I would have not broadcast Wilson's ineptitude to the media, and I would not have apologized for what I said either. But I'm not a public figure and I don't have to be politically correct all the time like they do.
Indeed. You have a perfect right to make a fool of yourself in any place and time you wish.

ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Don't start making it personal please. Thank you!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Like a vast majority of politicians (this guy included) out there they should be apologizing to voters, for bs they pump out to get elected.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “B.C.”