Get them out of our OCEAN!!!

Re: Get them out of our OCEAN!!!

Postby Cactusflower » Sep 5th, 2017, 10:33 pm

How convenient that Rwede managed to find donations made by the BC Salmon Farmers to the NDP, but was unable to find all the ones that were made to the BC Liberal party. Are you going to post those next, Rwede, or would you like me to do it for you?
Cactusflower
Fledgling

Liked in: 94 posts

Postby Rwede » Sep 6th, 2017, 8:57 am

Cactusflower wrote:How convenient that Rwede managed to find donations made by the BC Salmon Farmers to the NDP, but was unable to find all the ones that were made to the BC Liberal party. Are you going to post those next, Rwede, or would you like me to do it for you?

You go for it las, and then tell us why it is bad for the Liberals to get donations but just fine for the NDP.

Looking forward to your findings and explanation.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

2 people like this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4680 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 6th, 2017, 9:11 am

Rwede wrote:
You go for it las, and then tell us why it is bad for the Liberals to get donations but just fine for the NDP.

Looking forward to your findings and explanation.

Don't hold your breath on Las responding. You've just exposed the mass NDP hypocrisy, yet again.
Pierre Trudeau was an epic disaster for Canada. Like father like son.

Rwede likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9872 posts

Postby erinmore3775 » Sep 6th, 2017, 9:39 am

Perhaps it would be better to look at this example as another reason why NO corporate or union donations or loans should be allowed to ANY political party or lobbying organization in British Columbia. A little research shows that there is a link between lobbying and corporate and union donations and loans to decisions on mine safety and development, environmental regulations and enforcement, and real estate development and tax policy. No matter which party forms the government, that governing party must present legislation that removes all forms of pay for play influence peddling in our provincial politics and governance.

After that legislation is passed it would be time to review fish farming policy, fish farming environmental regulations, and alternatives to current fish farming practices.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."
- Thucydides, Greek Philosopher

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill

Catsumi likes this post.
erinmore3775
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1138 posts

Postby Rwede » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:08 am

erinmore3775 wrote:Perhaps it would be better to look at this example as another reason why NO corporate or union donations or loans should be allowed to ANY political party or lobbying organization in British Columbia. A little research shows that there is a link between lobbying and corporate and union donations and loans to decisions on mine safety and development, environmental regulations and enforcement, and real estate development and tax policy. No matter which party forms the government, that governing party must present legislation that removes all forms of pay for play influence peddling in our provincial politics and governance.

After that legislation is passed it would be time to review fish farming policy, fish farming environmental regulations, and alternatives to current fish farming practices.

You bet.

So why did the NDP and Greens defeat legislation to ban those donations?

Why is the NDP holding a pile of pay-for-access events right now to line their pockets with bribes from union and corporate leaders?

Why would anyone vote for the *bleep* NDP when they are doing this?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

2 people like this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4680 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:44 am

An abbreviated version of the BC Salmon Farmers Association political donations since 2005:
BC Liberals - $38,225
BC NDP - $11,650.

Anf FYI, there has been no legislation brought forward regarding political donations since Horgan did it, 6 times in past legislative sessions. (The BC Liberal majority voted against it.) You're going to have to wait until next week when the legislature re-opens, with the BC Liberals in opposition with no power to vote against it. [icon_lol2.gif]
Cactusflower
Fledgling

Postby rustled » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:47 am

Cactusflower wrote:An abbreviated version of the BC Salmon Farmers Association political donations since 2005:
BC Liberals - $38,225
BC NDP - $11,650.

Anf FYI, there has been no legislation brought forward regarding political donations since Horgan did it, 6 times in past legislative sessions. (The BC Liberal majority voted against it.) You're going to have to wait until next week when the legislature re-opens, with the BC Liberals in opposition with no power to vote against it. [icon_lol2.gif]

And that, folks, is what partisanship does to your perception.

2 people like this post.
rustled
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3950 posts

Postby LordEd » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:47 am

Cactusflower wrote:Anf FYI, there has been no legislation brought forward regarding political donations since Horgan did it, 6 times in past legislative sessions. (The BC Liberal majority voted against it.) You're going to have to wait until next week when the legislature re-opens, with the BC Liberals in opposition with no power to vote against it. [icon_lol2.gif]
And if they don't put forward donation legislation next week?

3 people like this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1531 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:47 am

Cactusflower wrote:An abbreviated version of the BC Salmon Farmers Association political donations since 2005:
BC Liberals - $38,225
BC NDP - $11,650.

My goodness. The NDP took THAT much money from the BC Salmon Farmers??! No wonder that corrupt Horgan is doing nothing about farmed salmon. Thanks so much for exposing just how deep the rot is in the NDP. I hope that both parties can be abolished as soon as possible, with the NDP going first, as it's obvious the corruption in that party is beyond the pale.

Rwede likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Postby seewood » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:50 am

This thread has gotten political...again.. I'm thinking most here would like to see the fish farms go to closed systems much like they have in Europe as the open nets had a detrimental affect on their wild salmon.

Now, how to make it important to the powers that can make that change? Does BC have to have their own mass escape? BC has had minor escapes compared to the recent one in WA but the news cycle lasts a day or so.

Pointed questions to the ministers responsible and make their answers last a bit longer in the news cycles.

Open net salmon farms are not a benefit to our coast.
I am not wealthy but I am rich

3 people like this post.
seewood
Fledgling

Liked in: 215 posts

Postby Queen K » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:51 am

And if they do? :D
Please edit "Horgan" to "Premier Horgan" to show solidarity towards a successful tenure. Remember: The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 8736 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:55 am

If they do, it will be interesting to see how many of the BC Liberal MLAs vote against it this time.
Cactusflower
Fledgling

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:56 am

Cactusflower wrote:If they do, it will be interesting to see how many of the BC Liberal MLAs vote against it this time.

why?

Rwede likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Postby LordEd » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:58 am

And how many NDP vote for it. Its not appropriate to vote for legislation before they have proven the confidence of the house after all.

Rwede likes this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1531 posts

Postby Queen K » Sep 6th, 2017, 10:59 am

Can we see what happens next week with that?
Please edit "Horgan" to "Premier Horgan" to show solidarity towards a successful tenure. Remember: The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room.

Cactusflower likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 8736 posts

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.