Buddha of the Board

Boondoggle of corruption

Post by maryjane48 »

seewood
Guru

Re: Boondoggle of corruption

Post by seewood »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 23rd, 2017, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

When the word "corruption" is used to describe virtually every decision by a government it loses its meaning. Such is the case with the subject matter of this thread.
Last edited by Urbane on Aug 23rd, 2017, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Although it's true that the word is corruption is often tossed around far too freely, in this particular case I've long felt that there are a lot of unanswered questions that need to be addressed.

If Government is truly representative of the people, it seems strange that the Liberals pushed so hard for a project that was so clearly unpopular with many of the folks it was supposedly intended to benefit (i.e. the general public and the municipalities in the region).

The fact that the bridge was supported by, and clearly benefited, some large Corporations who also happen to be big Liberal donors, only adds to the suspicions that many have.

So, if only to clear the air and disprove the corruption allegations, it's time to get answers to all those unanswered questions about this particular project.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

I can only laugh at the naivete (can't be bothered to search my phone for accents, half the readership is inept anyway) of those that think politics isnt corrupt in the pursuit of big business money. Article not being cited, but honestly, c'mon, open a history book fer cryin out loud. This forum is rife with both sides regailing the misdeeds of corporate and politics.

Corruption is at the heart of personal endeavour.

I guess this crap only happens in Mexico at the threat of cartels.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Urbane wrote:When the word "corruption" is used to describe virtually every decision by a government it loses its meaning. Such is a case with the subject matter of this thread.

only to those that l9ok the other way . impling everyone in bc supports corruption is not what bcers want to here from any right wing party . it isnt a winning stratagy . looking at and starting to accept where and to what degree the bclibs messed up is the begging of healing from with in .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

um to say no one cares wont be winning the right wing parties any leadership . when a political party like the bclibs starts off in their govt role as being for sale to highest bidder at the cost of programs that could actualy help british columbians as the bclibs did from day one , then it needs to be exposed and it will as we get access to what wasnt deleted and through members who cant keep quiiet because of haveing a moral thread left in them . you can brush it off all you like but still wont change the reality.

you cant fix the ugly until you see it for what it is
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Banning corporate and union donations will be a big step in the right direction but it's not a cure-all. The Liberals should have done that long ago and when they finally did bring a bill in to do that the NDP and Greens should have supported it.

A corporation contributes to a political party and something that the corporation has pushed for is enacted. Does a corporation contribute to a party in an effort to elect a party that had policies beneficial to the corporation? Or do the contributions themselves influence the party to do what the corporation wants? Ditto for union contributions as well of course. It might be one or the other or a combination of both. So ban the donations.

Return to “B.C.”