Mary pollak named in law suit

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Mary pollak named in law suit

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.4262954

looks like not just horgan gets to go to court. but now the current govt also has to defend the corrupt bclibs choice .
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Re: Mary pollak named in law suit

Post by mikest2 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/shawnigan-lake-soil-dumping-lawsuit-1.4262954

looks like not just horgan gets to go to court. but now the current govt also has to defend the corrupt bclibs choice .

A quick look seems to tell me the government did the right thing, I'm good with that going to court.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i agreed with shutting it down and gave clark credit as did flamming at the time. we can be unbiased if its warrented . something the bclibbers are unable to be . having said that it now seems ms pollak was up to no good . and it will now cost taxpayers of bc money . zero to do with ndp but here we are .
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Don't let facts get in the way of calling the liberals corrupt.

Lawsuit to stop approved pipeline: good.
Lawsuit over revoking permit to store contaminated soil: bad.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.3996433

Province pulls controversial Shawnigan Lake soil dumping permit
Cobble Hill Holdings Ltd. will no longer be able to discharge waste near Shawnigan Lake

Yes... Restore the permit to discharge waste near a lake. That's what the ndp crew demands.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

that isnt what i said. you that desperate you just going to flat out lie ? shamefull at best :smt045 . the topic is mary pollak named in lawsuit . the company wouldnt be diong this if they didnt have a tale to tell and im willing to guess it has to do with corfuption as the bclibs allowed it in first place .
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The soil dumping at Shawinigan should NEVER have been permitted!!

Ah, well, just another mess for the present government to clean up after the other messes left by the ChristyLiberals!!
Chill
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

flamingfingers wrote:The soil dumping at Shawinigan should NEVER have been permitted!!

Ah, well, just another mess for the present government to clean up after the other messes left by the ChristyLiberals!!

Christy Liberals ? I think not, some career bureaucrat connecting the dots in the manual more likely. But don't fault the employees, you might then be responsible for their death by their own hand. Your NDPG government is in power now, do you think the criteria or protocols have changed ? This stuff is routine, if you fill all the blanks in correctly you get your permit. In this case some dedicated civil servant found they were not meeting the terms of their permit, so they pulled it.
Any way you twist this, everybody did what they were supposed to do, and..........the checks and balances worked.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

except that isnt what happened. . the bclibs allowed it. defended it then under public pressure begrudgingly pulled the permit. infact i think that company was a bclib lobbyists . but since you bring up people kilking themselves because of slander could you link to your losts condeming clark for diong that ? i must have missed them .

The ministry is currently considering whether to suspend or reduce operations at the landfill after raising concerns about the operator’s ability to comply with a permit to store up to 100,000 tonnes of soil a year.

The ministry sent Cobble Hill Holdings a letter last month after Island Health issued a do-not-use-water advisory for the south end of Shawnigan Lake following the suspected overflow Nov. 13. The water advisory was lifted after ministry tests determined there was no threat to human or aquatic health.http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local ... -1.2123591

they hummed and hawed before making a choice . you cant reinvent history
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

This story has been percolating for 5 years. W5 reported on it a year ago -- uncovering the whole process of the issuing of the permits.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/b-c-residents-claim-water-at-risk-from-government-approved-landfill-site-1.2803970

At best, fraudulent tactics were used to get the permits, involving a huge hidden conflict of interest with the engineering company doing the environmental impact assessment. As the Shawnigan residents fought the pit, they were subjected to incredible 'strong arm' tactics by the company -- unbelievable bullying, to quiet them. In the end, it was a David/Goliath story, with the underfunded locals, beating the fat rich corporation, and forcing them out of business.

It was the right move to pull the permits.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

maryjane48 wrote:that isnt what i said. you that desperate you just going to flat out lie ? shamefull at best :smt045 . the topic is mary pollak named in lawsuit . the company wouldnt be diong this if they didnt have a tale to tell and im willing to guess it has to do with corfuption as the bclibs allowed it in first place .

Do you support revoking the permit or support the lawsuit triggered by revoking the permit.

It's obvious you didn't read beyond the headline.

lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

What's to discuss? The BC Liberals issued a permit that shouldn't have been issued (I cant imagine why :biggrin: ) and now the chickens have come home to roost.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

First you post this garbage:

maryjane48 wrote:you that desperate you just going to flat out lie ? shamefull at best :smt045 .

Then you totally make yourself look like a hypocrite in the next sentence by flat out lying and looking shameful with this garbage:

the topic is mary pollak named in lawsuit . the company wouldnt be diong this if they didnt have a tale to tell and im willing to guess it has to do with corfuption as the bclibs allowed it in first place .

Just shameful
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

whats shamefull is trying to defend a political choice that mary chose to make. infact my last link shows the bclibs never pulled the oermit because it was the right thing . they did it over money . thats disgracefull but right in line with the bclibs corrupt leadership.

it will be great entertainment and real question is will mary flip on clark ? ms pollak is facing some real trouble over this .

and yes i hope this company comes clean and tells the story of how this came about . i think thats why this was started and i also willing to bet mt polly might have a tale to tell why that lawsuit gets going . the rule of self preservation will come into effect . :130:
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

That's really what you think isn't it.

Must be nice to be told how to think. So much easier than reading comprehension.

Return to “B.C.”