Greyhound shows true colors

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Greyhound shows true colors

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:theres going to be public option

So where's the problem then?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:
What they mean is that fees will be lowered and they could keep the routes until at least a private enterprise could open up for those unsustainable routes. Maybe not a private carrier operating in all routes, but just taking over specific routes.

The NDP may or may not grant lowered fees.

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Or, option 3, that doesn't somehow involve reaching into taxpayers pockets....an entrepreneur can set up service on these routes with smaller buses and lower admin costs and take the business. *removed*

GB, we essentially said the same thing, I, however, suggested that fees be lowered as an incentive towards entrepeneurship. Is this progress between an avowed conservative and a left leaning centerist? :200:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

a company tried that for fraser valley. instead of westcoast express . but gordo went with the large corporation . it isnt just a transportation issue its a stop fn women from being murdered issue also. be nice to see what the bclibs deleted in regards to that
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I guess posters don't pay much attention to my posts, since I did post Public Transit has started to serve between Prince George & Smithers.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And that is exactly why Greyhounds wants to drop the route, the article cited public transport as too much competition.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:And that is exactly why Greyhounds wants to drop the route, the article cited public transport as too much competition.

Of course if ridership for remaining area between Smithers & Prince Rupert is low, why would any bus company want to operate at a loss.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/greyhound-canada-applies-to-stop-serving-northern-b-c-including-highway-of-tears-1.4268289

this company should be booted out of canada .

Thanks for this post...I needed a laugh today! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Imagine a company not wanting to lose money.....
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Gordon Campbell closed Hospitals to save money. I think Greyhound is entitled to the same process.
Black Dogs Matter
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:a company tried that for fraser valley. instead of westcoast express . but gordo went with the large corporation . it isnt just a transportation issue its a stop fn women from being murdered issue also. be nice to see what the bclibs deleted in regards to that

What's that got to do with hauling freight?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

dogspoiler wrote:Gordon Campbell closed Hospitals to save money. I think Greyhound is entitled to the same process.

sure they can . but they are an american company. but like i sad it isnt just a transportation issue. it is a keep women mostly fn women from being murdered issue also. the price needs to be low enough that folks wont be tempted to hitchhike . there was data but the bclibs deleted it. greyhound made a huge profit at expense of real people . they died.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

why do you care if an american company makes money? there is lots of canadian companies to haul freight . but that isnt main issue . its to prevent women from being murdered :smt045
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

There is, in place, a government subsidized transit system that they can use. I pay taxes (they don't) for them to use it.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Greyhound is there to transport people for profit, not fight crime.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://bctransit.com/highway16/transit ... ned-so-far

snip (my bold)
August to September 2016

BC Transit, in partnership with First Nations and local community partners, completed the public engagement for the introduction of transit services along the Highway 16 corridor. The engagement processes spanned from August 17 to September 16 and included 20 community engagement events that were attended by over 700 people. There were also over 1,000 online and paper surveys completed.

https://bctransit.com/highway16/transit ... next-steps

Looks like greatest premier in history got BC Transit to provide taxpayer subsidized transportation for the Highway 16 corridor.
Great job greatest premier ever.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

maryjane48 wrote: it isnt just a transportation issue its a stop fn women from being murdered issue also.

For greyhounds pov it's about profitability. The government started a service which took a chunk from greyhound so now it is no longer profitable for them to operate the route, so why should they.

I am really getting very tired of you trying to turn any issue into a racial issue. It is complete and utter BS. Not everything is about FN MJ. All the posts that you say some crazy crap makes it hard to believe the ones where you might have actually hit on something good.

Return to “B.C.”