Why the NDP is in power now

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why the NDP is in power now

Post by flamingfingers »

The Greens are still accepting donations, so are the Liberals, so are the NDP. The Greens specify on their website 'no corporate donations'.... that's all she wrote....
Chill
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:^^Ah, High Moral Values is it? So how did you feel about Christy's 'Clone Speech' which ripped planks from the NDP and Greens in her desperate attempt to claw onto power??

Ah, yes, the ChristyLiberals had such 'high moral values'!! [icon_lol2.gif]

[icon_lol2.gif] Deflector shields up: ChristyLiberal!!!"
C'mon, ff. Nobody here has ever said the Liberals had high moral values. We constantly heard quite the opposite.

:topic:
Here, we are discussing the NDP's obvious lack of high moral values, and interestingly, what do we see? The usual deflection defence. Maybe instead you could stick to the topic, and let us know how you feel about how the NDP are still pigging out at the trough, after their lofty campaign promises to take the high moral ground and put an end to it? Oh, wait. You figure it's ok because the bill was never read in the leg. Riiiight.

We can all see exactly why the NDP is in power now. It's simply because despite those lofty promises, when the chips are down, they are no more moral than any other party.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

too many union workers;; school teachers;; and welfare bums in BC all looking for free ride in life so they vote NDP
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

rustled wrote:
We can all see exactly why the NDP is in power now. It's simply because despite those lofty promises, when the chips are down, they are no more moral than any other party.

Worse in my view. If a person is doing something wrong that's one thing. If a person vehemently slams others for doing something wrong then does it themselves, well...hypocrite just doesn't quite cut it.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^Say what you will... at least the NDP and Green alliance will propose a bill which I am sure will pass that will finally eliminate 'big money' influence on party politics. Something the ChristyLiberals scorned until the Clone Speech.

And yes, it requires passage of the bill into law by the Legislature.
Chill
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Enough about the freakin' donations. All parties will accept the status quo until the bill is introduced and passed in the first sitting of the legislature this month.

Now back to this topic. The NDP is in power now and we all know why. The usual sour grapists will continue to be disgruntled because Weaver chose the NDP as his ally rather than the BC Liberals until the next elections, and none of them have a crystal ball to tell them when that will come to pass. So let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. :smt045
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Cactusflower wrote:Enough about the freakin' donations. All parties will accept the status quo until the bill is introduced and passed in the first sitting of the legislature this month.

Now back to this topic. The NDP is in power now and we all know why. The usual sour grapists will continue to be disgruntled because Weaver chose the NDP as his ally rather than the BC Liberals until the next elections, and none of them have a crystal ball to tell them when that will come to pass. So let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. :smt045

I still dispute the "NDP" being in power, the real power is the three Greens propping up the government. So really it's a coalition or whatever other creative term you'd like to use. So this topic should really be called "Why the Green and NDP are in power together"
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:Enough about the freakin' donations. All parties will accept the status quo until the bill is introduced and passed in the first sitting of the legislature this month.

Are you suggesting we should all ignore the NDP while they're doing something we've all said all along is wrong, hosting pay to play fundraising events and raking in the cash, until the bill is passed?

You may be fine with watching the NDP engage in this obvious wrongdoing as much as they can for as long as they can get away with it, and perhaps you really don't expect any better from your party of choice, but you can't seriously believe everyone else should hush up about the blatant hypocrisy of promising to take the high road, and then not doing so at their earliest opportunity, but rather: only when they've raked in as much pay-for-play dough as possible.

They could have turned off the taps any time they wanted to, and have chosen to keep them running full-stream. So, when do you expect them to turn off the taps? That is, how soon do you expect the bill to be presented? And how soon do you expect it to be passed?

Yessirree, we sure do all know why the NDP is in power now. They are in power because despite their and the Green party's protestations to the contrary, neither party is any more moral than any other political party. The NDP are fully prepared to promise whatever it takes to get power, and both Horgan and Weaver are just as reluctant as any other leader to act on anything that may prevent them from keeping that power. We'll see how much longer Weaver can continue to hold his nose and go along with it.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

More sour grapes........and the NDP is still in power. Ranting and raving about how hard done by your corrupt party is won't change a thing. You're wasting your time and giving the NDP and Green supporters something amusing to read.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Cactusflower wrote:More sour grapes........and the NDP is still in power. Ranting and raving about how hard done by your corrupt party is won't change a thing. You're wasting your time and giving the NDP and Green supporters something amusing to read.

You are a salesman's dream, The NDP are not in power alone, they needed to be propped up, it is a coalition government, I'll say this slowly...........It is a "Minority Government" The NDP finished second, the Greens finished third, but together they can rule.
But.............they cannot rule apart, this is the most important point to remember.........and ponder.........'cause this will change. the only question is when !
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:More sour grapes........and the NDP is still in power. Ranting and raving about how hard done by your corrupt party is won't change a thing. You're wasting your time and giving the NDP and Green supporters something amusing to read.
My goodness. I've shown no support for any party in this thread. That would be partisanship, wouldn't it, excusing wrongdoing in one party while calling another corrupt. Oh, wait, that wasn't me either. [icon_lol2.gif]

It probably is a waste of time to suggest NDP supporters should hold their party accountable, but if you feel it's amusing people, I guess there's no harm done.

After all, the NDP gained power while making promises for which they're not being held accountable by their supporters. Well, some of their supporters. A couple have had the decency to express their disappointment that the NDP aren't living up to their promises of doing things better. Not sure how the Green supporters feel about Weaver sinking into the mire alongside Horgan.

So now we wait to see how long the NDP can hold on, and just how much bad behaviour their die-hard supporters will excuse.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

The NDP is not in power. The NDP/Green coalition is in power. Fact. Skewing words to fit your believe is just wrong.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

JagXKR wrote:

The NDP is not in power. The NDP/Green coalition is in power. Fact. Skewing words to fit your believe is just wrong.

Good point. Still, they do have the power to quit hosting pay-to-play fundraisers. They simply choose to keep right on doin' it.

And they do have the power to return calls about the Surrey portables. They simply choose not to.

And they do have the power to quit sticking it to us by pandering to voters in Lower Mainland swing ridings with daft legal challenges and offloading of costs. They simply choose to keep doin' what's best for the NDP.

And they do have the power to actually come up with a costed budget.

Oh, wait. Scratch that last one. They may not have the power to do that. They couldn't do it for the last election, which is why they're stuck using someone else's. Maybe Weaver will give them a hand, if he's not too fed up trying to keep their non-coalition coalition in power.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The amusement is on the horizon, and it will be your party of incompetent vermin, that will be the stars of the show.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Why the NDP is in power:
Three contractors are bidding to fix some tiles at the BC Legislature building. One is NDP, another is Green, and the third is a BC Liberal. They all go to the'Ledge' with an official to examine the tiles.

The NDP contractor takes out a tape and starts measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well", he says, "I figure the job will run about $900. $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and $100 profit for me."

The Green contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do the job for$700. $300 for materials, $300 for my crew, and $100 profit for me."

The BC Liberal guy doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the official and whispers, $2,700." The official says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys. How did you come up with such a high figure?" The BC Liberal guy whispers back,"$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we get the Green guy to do the job."

That, my friends is how the BCLP operates, and that's why they are no longer our government.

Return to “B.C.”