49895
50233

Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby rustled » Sep 6th, 2017, 7:02 am

LordEd wrote:Plan?

Yeah, another lofty promise made with a "we'll strike a committee and figure it out later" plan. Well, I suppose we should be thankful it's not a last minute "oh, wow, man, we seized power and I've no clue what to do here, so let's dump million$$ into doing whatever we think of first" plan.

Guess we get to wait and see what the committee will come up with, but you'd think after all that blame and shame he'd have had a plan to go with the promise, but no. Promises are cheap and easy. Plans are hard work. It's also hard to man up and return calls to admit you made reckless promises without a plan.

After 16 years of blame and shame and no plan required, it'll be interesting to see if they're capable of doing any of the hard work of governing.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
rustled
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4390
Likes: 5461 posts
Liked in: 4402 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 6th, 2017, 7:45 am

flamingfingers wrote:
I am rather sick of the ChristyLiberal supporters' sour grapes.


after 16 years of listening to the NDP sour grapes, payback has just begun. And unfortunately for you, the NDP always provides lots to be sour about. (It's because they are so dumb and can't govern, in case you were wondering).
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25051
Likes: 9973 posts
Liked in: 12244 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby Rwede » Sep 6th, 2017, 7:50 am

Horgan has a plan alright.

He's golfing with his union construction buddies and talking about it right now. And the money they are handing him as he reveals his plan is just fine, because, well, those ARE the current rules, ya know.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11728
Likes: 9542 posts
Liked in: 5115 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 9:49 am
Location: is everything!

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby Old Techie » Sep 6th, 2017, 3:29 pm

flamingfingers wrote:I am rather sick of the ChristyLiberal supporters' sour grapes.


Yeah well I guess we all have our crosses to bear, given that I'm rather sick of NDP supporter blatant hypocrisy!
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2521
Likes: 2124 posts
Liked in: 3437 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby mikest2 » Oct 29th, 2017, 5:36 am

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210250

Looks like the government has not struck a committee to study the need for more classroom space in Surrey yet.
They can't possibly have run out of unqualified candidates yet.
Better get on it Mr Horgan and Mr Fleming !! Remember........you promised !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
mikest2
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 710
Likes: 444 posts
Liked in: 817 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby LordEd » Oct 29th, 2017, 5:46 am

The solution is to build something.

Once the committee decides there's actually a problem, there will need to be a committee to decide where to build, a committee on building size, several committees to determine if building will harm the environment or infringe on native rights.

And once we're past that, the committee on naming the school, decorating committee, and then the committee to blame construction delays on opponents.

By the time all those committees are done, everyone should have graduated and we'll need a committee to determine if the project should continue.

6 people like this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3473
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 1962 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby Old Techie » Oct 29th, 2017, 8:17 am

LordEd wrote:The solution is to build something.

Once the committee decides there's actually a problem, there will need to be a committee to decide where to build, a committee on building size, several committees to determine if building will harm the environment or infringe on native rights.

And once we're past that, the committee on naming the school, decorating committee, and then the committee to blame construction delays on opponents.

By the time all those committees are done, everyone should have graduated and we'll need a committee to determine if the project should continue.


It's as if you own a copy of the NDP membership handbook. :smt045
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2521
Likes: 2124 posts
Liked in: 3437 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby Cactusflower » Oct 29th, 2017, 11:19 am

Crickets? Hardly. Perhaps the NDP bashers should watch the TV news once in awhile. And when it comes to a lack of funding for schools, whatever happened to that huge 'surplus' the BC Liberals supposedly left in the kitty? It was never there, and we're finally learning the truth about that.

More to come.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1832
Likes: 822 posts
Liked in: 407 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby LordEd » Oct 29th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Crickets? Hardly. Perhaps the NDP bashers should watch the TV news once in awhile. And when it comes to a lack of funding for schools, whatever happened to that huge 'surplus' the BC Liberals supposedly left in the kitty? It was never there, and we're finally learning the truth about that.

More to come.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.4257651
Audited 2.7B surplus reported by NDP government in August.

Are you saying they were lying?

3 people like this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3473
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 1962 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby seewood » Oct 29th, 2017, 4:57 pm

LordEd wrote:Audited 2.7B surplus reported by NDP government in August.


And as Carol James mentioned, all of it went towards the debt the government carries as required by Law. A good thing so if there was a another government after a surplus like this, the temptation to spend would be too tempting.
Lowering the government debt from what I understand will lower the interest payments giving a province a LITTLE spending money.
In future, I suspect if BC's economy keeps rolling, big if with NDP in power, there very well could be another surplus if there is not a big increase in government spending. No surplus to pay down the government debt then I'm guessing the interest payments keep piling up.... Wrong way to make things better. You listening JT ?
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Board Meister
 
Posts: 544
Likes: 602 posts
Liked in: 510 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby Cactusflower » Oct 29th, 2017, 7:48 pm

seewood wrote:
LordEd wrote:Audited 2.7B surplus reported by NDP government in August.


And as Carol James mentioned, all of it went towards the debt the government carries as required by Law. A good thing so if there was a another government after a surplus like this, the temptation to spend would be too tempting.
Lowering the government debt from what I understand will lower the interest payments giving a province a LITTLE spending money.
In future, I suspect if BC's economy keeps rolling, big if with NDP in power, there very well could be another surplus if there is not a big increase in government spending. No surplus to pay down the government debt then I'm guessing the interest payments keep piling up.... Wrong way to make things better. You listening JT ?


It wasn't really a 'surplus' then, was it?
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1832
Likes: 822 posts
Liked in: 407 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby mikest2 » Oct 29th, 2017, 7:51 pm

Cactusflower wrote:It wasn't really a 'surplus' then, was it?


Lord knows what the NDPG will call it IF they come in with a surplus !
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
mikest2
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 710
Likes: 444 posts
Liked in: 817 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby Old Techie » Oct 29th, 2017, 8:18 pm

mikest2 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:It wasn't really a 'surplus' then, was it?


Lord knows what the NDPG will call it IF they come in with a surplus !


First things first they need to figure out the definition of subsidy, then maybe it might be time for them to look into surplus.

Baby steps!
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Rwede likes this post.
User avatar
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2521
Likes: 2124 posts
Liked in: 3437 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby Dizzy1 » Oct 29th, 2017, 8:38 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Oh My God!!!

It has been full 33 days since the new government has been sworn in and they haven't fixed every single thing that took the BC Liberals 16 years to screw up????!!!!!!

I see it more as it's taken the Liberal's 16 years to clean up the mess the last NDP Government left us :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10457
Likes: 4251 posts
Liked in: 4838 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Postby LordEd » Oct 30th, 2017, 5:25 am

Cactusflower wrote:It wasn't really a 'surplus' then, was it?

First you say the surplus was faked, then you try to redefine the word surplus when the evidence doesn't go your way?

Rwede likes this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3473
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 1962 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests