More BS Courtesy of the BCTF!

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: More BS Courtesy of the BCTF!

Post by dontrump »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:Your $63,000 is waayyyy off the mark in average teacher salaries. but nice try though.

no its not;; the teacher salarys are public information ;;a top tier stage 10 teacher only makes 86K plus benefits
not bad but not a get rich scheme ;; Iam a dumb a$$ mechanic whom went on my own and got things done and I make 250$K and more per year
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

More deflection and dancing around the point by the usual NDP banner wavers!

No surprises here.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

dontrump wrote:
Carrs Landing Viking wrote:Your $63,000 is waayyyy off the mark in average teacher salaries. but nice try though.

no its not;; the teacher salarys are public information ;;a top tier stage 10 teacher only makes 86K plus benefits
not bad but not a get rich scheme ;; Iam a dumb a$$ mechanic whom went on my own and got things done and I make 250$K and more per year

That may be but since you state you "went on your own" that would also apply taking on all the risks and obligations that accompany such a choice.

What risk do teachers take other than having to show up for work? Their pay is pretty much guaranteed along with their benefits. The word guarantee doesn't come up so much for those who opt for self employment. I'm glad you've apparently made it, but far more don't.

That 86K with benefits amounts to well over 100K per year in value, and that's fine, but a little less complaining on their part would go a long way, particularly given that they choose the profession, and I'd have to hope possess the intelligence to weigh the various pros and cons.

For most 100K in a family with two working, and that being half the income, is attractive enough to where they take it, and I don't blame them.

BTW how much vacation time does that mechanic gig generate for you?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

its easy to see the bclibbers want teachers making min wage.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Not at all. I'd like to see teachers make a good wage. I just want to see the self entitled and victim behavior dropped, especially during hostage taking years.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:its easy to see the bclibbers want teachers making min wage.

It's easy to see the NDP flag wavers are convinced the provincial treasury is the personal piggy bank of public servants, to be dipped into at will, based on whatever whim comes to mind.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Wonder how many of the posters are actually teachers and know what they are talking about. I bet just a few. It is not a 9 month job. A lot of evening time is put in by teachers during report card time. Extra curricular activities are part of the course as well. Suggest those who are not teachers and know it all so well should maybe inform themselves properly so they actually have an opinion based on facts and not on what they think are facts. But...teachers bashing seems to be alive and well. And that is sad. After all they are teaching your kids!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:its easy to see the bclibbers want teachers making min wage.

It's easy to see that eh? Then it's also easy to see that the New Dips want to see everyone making $100,000 a year on welfare. See how easy that is?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

casey60 wrote:. But...teachers bashing seems to be alive and well. And that is sad. After all they are teaching your kids!

See folks? See what I was talking about? If you don't differentiate between teachers and their disgusting and horrible union, you just feed the Kool-Aid drinking BCTF supporters within the teaching ranks, who have been lied to for years by their horrible union. "Us vs them" mentality keeps those insanely high union dues flowing into the BCTF's evil coffers. So let me tell you Casey, my parents were teachers, and they were grateful for the support etc from the union, but they watched in horror as their union was co-opted by Marxist political scum. Are you able to see that too? Or are you completely blinded and refuse to see it? Just curious if you feel you are getting value for money from your dues, when you see just what stupid things the union is doing with that money. Or do you bother to even look?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Or perhaps certain people use gross exaggeration, again and again.

Get this.

The BCTF did a heroic stand for teachers, and students, at the Supreme Court.

They will be around for decades, for real negotiations.

Guess your parents must have took increased salaries and benefits won by them.
Not to mention pensions.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

George+ wrote:Or perhaps certain people use gross exaggeration, again and again.

Get this.

The BCTF did a heroic stand for teachers, and students, at the Supreme Court.

They will be around for decades, for real negotiations.

Not to mention pensions.

All you think of what teachers got was money, that is all the reason they strike. They use students as pawns, not nice. :130:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 4th, 2017, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Many of these teacher bashers think teachers 'just show up for work' - or they think all teachers just 'stand and deliver' .

Oh if it were all just that easy!!
Chill
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

flamingfingers wrote:Many of these teacher bashers think teachers 'just show up for work' - or they think all teachers just 'stand and deliver' .

Oh if it were all just that easy!!

I for one think most teachers are good at what they do, they show their passion for their trade. I take issue with the organization called the BCTF, their agenda has little to do with education or educators, they are purely political in a way that can only be described as dictatorship. What kind of union does not believe in one member, one vote ? Right........the BCTF
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:
Not to mention pensions.

Sorry, but increased salaries and benefits "won by them" (actually they were won by teachers because they deserved these things, not because of a diseased and horrible union, in my view) doesn't excuse the disgusting and horrible behavior of the BCTF. It doesn't excuse the needlessly high union dues. It doesn't excuse the political machinations and stupidity. The BCTF is a dinosaur, that needs to be disbanded, immediately. Teachers in this province deserve better than being represented by such evil Marxist morons.

Return to “B.C.”