More BS Courtesy of the BCTF!

George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: More BS Courtesy of the BCTF!

Post by George+ »

Most unions use a representative system,
where issues are thoroughly debated, then voted on.

In fact, the BCTF win at the Supreme Court was a tremendous win,
For students, teachers and unions.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:Most unions use a representative system,
where issues are thoroughly debated, then voted on.

Except for the BCTF, who only elect fellow Marxist losers.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Except for the BCTF, who only elect fellow Marxist losers.

Remember when they elected that failed school trustee/regional district guy, the one that only lasted one term, to COTA president?

It was basically unprecedented that anyone only last a year as COTA president, but that guy managed to do it.

I heard he's a big time NDP supporter, so failure must be in his blood.

Maybe he should run against Ben in WK, since he fits the loser NDP/BCTF/union mold to a tee.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rwede wrote:
Remember when they elected that failed school trustee/regional district guy, the one that only lasted one term, to COTA president?

It was basically unprecedented that anyone only last a year as COTA president, but that guy managed to do it.

Maybe he should run against Ben in WK, since he fits the loser NDP/BCTF/union mold to a tee.

Bit of a drive for him though, didn't he live in Joe Rich? Yeah that guy takes the cake when it comes to failure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

casey60 wrote:Wonder how many of the posters are actually teachers and know what they are talking about. I bet just a few. It is not a 9 month job. A lot of evening time is put in by teachers during report card time. Extra curricular activities are part of the course as well. Suggest those who are not teachers and know it all so well should maybe inform themselves properly so they actually have an opinion based on facts and not on what they think are facts. But...teachers bashing seems to be alive and well. And that is sad. After all they are teaching your kids!

What I would like to know is why the people who say its an over paid cushy job aren't teachers. You would think they would be flocking to do it.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Rwede wrote:

Bit of a drive for him though, didn't he live in Joe Rich? Yeah that guy takes the cake when it comes to failure.

He seems to move around a bit.

Joe Riche, Lake Country, Oyama, Rutland have all been claimed residences. I think a BCTF guy like him would jump at the chance to lose in disgrace to Ben Stewart in West Kelowna.

And the best part is, as Horgan keeps delaying and voting against banning union donations, the BCTF political candidates can score big time on the donations from their union to run in the by election. Win/win for the losers!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Its a horrid job. Just ask the teachers.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rookie314 wrote:
What I would like to know is why the people who say its an over paid cushy job aren't teachers. .

Who is saying this?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

rookie314 wrote:What I would like to know is why the people who say its an over paid cushy job aren't teachers. You would think they would be flocking to do it.

At last count there were about 1700 unemployed teachers vying for teaching jobs here.

Seems like the supply is far exceeding the demand for such a terrible job.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

At last count there were about 1700 unemployed teachers vying for teaching jobs here.

A friend of mine started his teaching career on the South Okanagan a couple of years ago. He is doing an amazing amount of driving to get in those substitute teacher jobs. I was shocked when he explained how difficult it was to get a full time teaching position in any local schools. The reason....too many teachers....not enough jobs.

Apparently, he was well aware of the situation while he was in Uni. Although educators kept telling him about the looming crisis in education with all of these retiring/burned out teachers. I guess the crisis has yet to land?

And universities are continuing to pump out more and more Education graduates each years.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Leifer wrote:And universities are continuing to pump out more and more Education graduates each years.

Seems like that teaching certificate is the only option for the students being pushed through with a BA in Lesbian Interactive Studies. http://guides.library.ubc.ca/gender

Back when teachers were teachers, those BAs were in science, math, etc. Not now. The universities have been infested with SJW profs that are churning out drains on society instead of graduates that can contribute to our communities.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Leifer wrote:
And universities are continuing to pump out more and more Education graduates each years.

and almost all of those teachers being pumped out are female. That's what I don't get. Trudeau's gang of losers implements hiring policies for his loser cabinet based on their genitalia, yet its totally cool for the majority of teachers in Canada to be female? Where are the SJW's on this? Where's the Marxist BCTF? Why aren't they screaming for limits on graduates based on their genitalia?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Leifer wrote:A friend of mine started his teaching career on the South Okanagan a couple of years ago. He is doing an amazing amount of driving to get in those substitute teacher jobs. I was shocked when he explained how difficult it was to get a full time teaching position in any local schools. The reason....too many teachers....not enough jobs.

According to the today's local daily rag there were 40 teachers hired in SD67. This quote from the superintendent:

“We have recruited a balance of experienced teachers from neighboring districts, the Lower Mainland, Alberta, Saskatchewan and the north, as well as recent graduates from UBC, UBCO, the University of Calgary, and the University of Alberta,” she said in an email.

Why do they need to recruit recent grads if there are so many teachers here without jobs? Better (more educated) grads? Weird.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

[quote="JagXKR"]Why do they need to recruit recent grads if there are so many teachers here without jobs? Better (more educated) grads? Weird.

My guess...as mentioned above, I suspect not the right qualifications. Me thinks schools need more math, science, computer, business type teachers( different courses at university) and there might be a surplus of English lit teachers, sociology or perhaps social studies or whatever they call it today.
Like comments being made by MJ and the police, not everyone is suited to be a good, motivating teacher. The ones that are, are worth their weight in gold. A math science teacher at Pen. High comes to mind. Hope he has mentored some new teachers and they have taken note.
Unfortunately there seems to be very little accountability with the school board in asking a teacher to move on as they now suck at teaching. We all have had those.
The BCTF puts up an unholy racket if a teacher has reached their best-before -date and is asked to move on. I've known many that could be in the category but only one ( in the 60's) that moved on.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JagXKR wrote:
According to the today's local daily rag there were 40 teachers hired in SD67. This quote from the superintendent:

“We have recruited a balance of experienced teachers from neighboring districts, the Lower Mainland, Alberta, Saskatchewan and the north, as well as recent graduates from UBC, UBCO, the University of Calgary, and the University of Alberta,” she said in an email.

This can't be true. We were told by Joseph Stalin...er Glen Hansman, that it was impossible to recruit teachers from other provinces because BC's wages are so low. I guess these teachers from Alberta and Saskatchewan didn't get the memo. Funny how the Marxist propaganda from the diseased BCTF falls apart when reality is brought into the equation.

Return to “B.C.”