More BS Courtesy of the BCTF!

goatboy
Guru

Re: More BS Courtesy of the BCTF!

Post by goatboy »

George+ wrote:Teachers spend endless hours volunteering with zippo for pay or often even acknowledgement.
In the US of A most coaches etc. Are a paid position.
That is why they often have way better teams.

All the teachers working at the BCTF have volunteered also.
They rotate in and out of the system.

So are you suggesting that some of the current education dollars should be spent on paying teachers to coach a sports team?

Or do you want us to just dip into the bottomless pit of money you think we have to add even more dollars to pay for this?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

George+ wrote:Teachers spend endless hours volunteering with zippo for pay or often even acknowledgement.
In the US of A most coaches etc. Are a paid position.
That is why they often have way better teams.

All the teachers working at the BCTF have volunteered also.
They rotate in and out of the system.

goatboy wrote:
So are you suggesting that some of the current education dollars should be spent on paying teachers to coach a sports team?

Or do you want us to just dip into the bottomless pit of money you think we have to add even more dollars to pay for this?

Therein lies the single biggest issue with NDP mindset rooted logic.

To them the very mention of "government," conjures up this delusional vision of endless mounds of cash, to be directed toward their union brotherhood at whim.

I find it a tad ironic, that a party which attempts to sell itself as caring for the people (they don't of course), is really all about a group of public servant unions banding together and going me me me.

At no point in time have I ever felt that an NDP government genuinely cared about anything beyond their own selfish interests. In that regard there's night and day difference between them and Liberals, even though we somewhat treat all politicians with skepticism.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

I find it interesting how many contributors here refuse to acknowledge the real problems our educational syststem at this moment. The problems stem from decisions made by the previous government and resolved by a SCOC decision. Hiring the reqired teachers, meeting class size requirements, and providing the classrooms to meet the SCOC decision are the curent problems faced by the government. Unfortunately, the previous government did little during the spring to put the remediation required in place.

The teachers and the teachers' union are not responsible for the current mess. Many schools across the province are being forced to reorganize, find new classrooms, and some boards are scrambling to find the money for new portables. Whether teachers volunteer or not will not solve this problem. It is going to take some time to put the system back into the order required by the SCOC decision.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

^^ Actually the problem was created by the previous government to the previous government, whose backroom shenanigans knowing they were going to get turfed out of office anyway, inspired them to engage in such an agreement. Basically they were giving the next guys the bird NDP style.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”