Smoking Scofflaws

Veovis
Guru

Re: Smoking Scofflaws

Post by Veovis »

NotNorthAnymore wrote:IMO - A possible fix to this butt littering is as follows:

A 10¢ per cigarette recycle fee imposed on each and every cigarette sold.
Loose tobacco fee to be equal to the number of cigarettes that can be made.
15¢ for small cigars - $1 for any cigar costing more than $5 each.

5¢ refundable at a recycle depot - the other 5¢ used for overhead and disposal costs.
Same refund on everything 5¢.

In short order every butt would be cleaned up by those that want to make money doing recycle.

As if the gross recycling station of sticky wasn't bad enough, lets add butts to the equation. lololol. I see your point I just imagine how much more the stations would smell. And think of the ashtray pickers, this could get profitable for them.....
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Smoking Scofflaws

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Veovis wrote:
NotNorthAnymore wrote:IMO - A possible fix to this butt littering is as follows:

A 10¢ per cigarette recycle fee imposed on each and every cigarette sold.
Loose tobacco fee to be equal to the number of cigarettes that can be made.
15¢ for small cigars - $1 for any cigar costing more than $5 each.

5¢ refundable at a recycle depot - the other 5¢ used for overhead and disposal costs.
Same refund on everything 5¢.

In short order every butt would be cleaned up by those that want to make money doing recycle.

As if the gross recycling station of sticky wasn't bad enough, lets add butts to the equation. lololol. I see your point I just imagine how much more the stations would smell. And think of the ashtray pickers, this could get profitable for them.....

I think it would be workable - since the butts wold be classed as "Hazardous Waste" they would be in a sealed container and deodorants could be used.
Since the smokers are paying for this with the recycle fee, whatever is required would pay for it.
No added expense to run this, since if more money is required to break even, the fee can be raised to match the actual costs.
Refund dropped to 4¢ and fee to 12¢ and there may even be a "profit" margin at the end that can be used for various cancer charities.
Just IMO
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.

Return to “B.C.”