Residents want answers

alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Residents want answers

Post by alfred2 »

Cactusflower wrote:Who said anything about the front line fire fighters? That's not who I was referring to. Some of us can determine the difference between the fire fighters and the people they work for.

I used to be a bank teller. There were a lot of customers who were angry with the bank and its policies, but they never took it out on me. Now do you get it?

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Coulson Aviation were testing night vision goggles (NVG) and thermal technology on their firefighting helicopters this week in preparation for a demonstration slated for the fire commissioner of Australia.

Coulson Aviation are the only commercial operator in Canada approved to fight fire at night, an operation they are taking to Australia in time for their fire season that begins Dec. 1. Wayne Coulson, president and CEO of Coulson Group, said he hasn’t found a province in Canada interested in utilizing night time fire fighting.

This week, two Coulson aircraft—a Sikorsky S-76 and a Sikorsky S-61—were on and around Sproat lake testing the NVGs.

“We did probably 30 loads out of Sproat Lake and a bunch of water sources around the airport,” said Wayne Coulson. “The reason we’ve been so focused on night operations is because there’s so many opinions on how to fight a fire during the day. We didn’t have the same push back on fighting fires at night.”

Advantages of fighting fires at night, Coulson said, are that the air traffic quiets significantly which results in less stress for pilots and less worry about running into another aircraft.

Coulson said they began testing thermal and NVGs in 2011, and their equipment is the same used in Afghanistan, Iraq and for military uses.

“We’ve been able to get approval through the U.S. government to utilize that type of technology in Canada,” Coulson said. “It’s restricted product that we have, so every set of goggles are registered with the U.S. government, so they know where they’re at.

https://www.oakbaynews.com/news/coulson ... re-season/
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Cactusflower wrote:
I used to be a bank teller. There were a lot of customers who were angry with the bank and its policies, but they never took it out on me. Now do you get it?

I would most humbly request that you return to being a bank teller as it is most obvious that your skill set does not fall within the realm of fighting forest fires.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Thanks for the info,mj. Being able to fight fires at night would be a real plus, since many fires seem to grow into raging infernos overnight when conventional fire fighting is curtailed.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Cactusflower wrote:Thanks for the info,mj. Being able to fight fires at night would be a real plus, since many fires seem to grow into raging infernos overnight when conventional fire fighting is curtailed.

wayne is a top the heap when it comes to fire fightng. the bclib lobbyists like to bring up the martins but wayne has way better equipment that con air could muster any day any time. its should be a crime that bclibs went with who stuffed money into their hands instead of who had best ability
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

People who lost everything in the summer’s wildfires should receive assistance from the government, Cariboo Chilcotin MLA Donna Barnett said as she fought back tears during an interview in Williams Lake Wednesday.

“This is a disaster,” Barnett told the Tribune. “I’m seeing the hopelessness. It’s so sad. Some people did not have insurance. There’s got to be help for them.”

i would suggest taking bclibs to court for negligence . they should have implemented the filmon report .
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

maryjane48 wrote:
People who lost everything in the summer’s wildfires should receive assistance from the government, Cariboo Chilcotin MLA Donna Barnett said as she fought back tears during an interview in Williams Lake Wednesday.

“This is a disaster,” Barnett told the Tribune. “I’m seeing the hopelessness. It’s so sad. Some people did not have insurance. There’s got to be help for them.”

i would suggest taking bclibs to court for negligence . they should have implemented the filmon report .

I would suggest getting insurance to cover yourself against this sort of thing instead of expecting others to bail you out because you were too stupid to get insurance.

Return to “B.C.”