Bc labour laws need updating

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Bc labour laws need updating

Post by maryjane48 »

A labour advocacy group is calling for changes to B.C.'s Employment Standards Act, saying the current legislation is failing to protect workers including the province's burgeoning tech sector.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.4274784
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Bc labour laws need updating

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This isn't a "labour advocacy group", these are NDP stooges wanting to unionize more people. The head guy is with the Communist Center for Poverty Advancement (CCPA). It's so transparent and disgusting. Just disgusting.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Personally I'd like to see enforcement of the existing laws. I'm not a fan of companies paying employees with an envelope of cash at the end of the week saying you are a contractor so no deductions.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

seewood wrote:Personally I'd like to see enforcement of the existing laws. I'm not a fan of companies paying employees with an envelope of cash at the end of the week saying you are a contractor so no deductions.

And many many employees ask for this deal as they then claim little income.

However that is ending as CRA has been implementing payrol audits where when they find payments to contractors (which is fine) they are requiring that a T4A be filed for the amounts so that CRA can verify on tax returns.

Much like we never used to have t4's this is a new added burden on employers because other people are dishonest. It will however direct CRA as to who to audit better and I like that part, so coin toss.

Return to “B.C.”