NDP hikes ICBC rates

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: NDP hikes ICBC rates

Post by tsayta »

With private insurers offering better rates for good drivers, icbc is diluting their base. They need the revenue from good drivers to pay for the bad. The base of good is shrinking
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

tsayta wrote:With private insurers offering better rates for good drivers, icbc is diluting their base. They need the revenue from good drivers to pay for the bad. The base of good is shrinking

it isnt better rates though . icbc is still cheaper for most people
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

That seems odd. I just saw a tv commercial for bel air direct saying you could save money. Why would people choose them if it was more expensive?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

maryjane48 wrote:
tsayta wrote:With private insurers offering better rates for good drivers, icbc is diluting their base. They need the revenue from good drivers to pay for the bad. The base of good is shrinking

it isnt better rates though . icbc is still cheaper for most people

It isn't?? I have used Canadian Direct (now Belair) since 2006. Average savings for me approx. $200.00 per year.

A couple of years ago I took my renewal papers to ICBC agent and said that if they could beat CDI I would insure through them. They couldn't do it.

Same coverage, just costs less, for GOOD drivers. BAD drivers probably do get a better deal with ICBC and therefore are quick to defend it to the death.

:smt045
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “B.C.”