Liberals supply speaker

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Liberals supply speaker

Postby Cactusflower » Sep 12th, 2017, 9:54 pm

First of all, the BC Liberals didn't 'supply' the Speaker. It was quite obvious to all who watched the BC Legislature channel that day that Rich and the gang were not amused when Plecas walked down the aisle to the Speaker's chair. In fact, they were livid, and if looks could kill, we'd be sending flowers to Plecas' memorial service today. They really behaved badly that day, but I don't think anyone was surprised because that's basically how they've behaved for the past 16 years.

I do find it amusing that there are still those BC Lib hangers-on who continue to hope for a miracle that will allow their party to regain power. Give it up, BCLP fans; you can start hoping that enough of the electorate is duped again when the BCLP emerges as the BC Conservative Party, or some other fringe party.
Cactusflower
Übergod

Liked in: 267 posts

Postby Old Techie » Sep 12th, 2017, 10:10 pm

^^ Not surprisingly you misjudge the intelligence of voters, if you think there's even the slightest chance that the NDP will last for any length of time beyond this term.

I guess it's convenient for you to keep forgetting that were it not for the Greens you wouldn't have a thing to be gloating about, and that very relationship is certainly not a guarantee of NDP survival.

Even after lying to the lower mainland voters, in regards to doing away with the tolls, which by now they realize will simply return under another name, your precious NDP still didn't get more ridings than the Liberals, so it's really puzzling just why a few of you are so cocky right now. You act like you won something when in fact you didn't win a damn thing.

Have your fun though, you'll be tasting crow soon enough.
"Fools multiply when wise men are silent!" - Nelson Mandela
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2922 posts

Postby madmudder » Sep 13th, 2017, 3:16 am

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Sep 13th, 2017, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adds nothing to the topic.
madmudder
Board Meister

Liked in: 122 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Sep 13th, 2017, 8:00 pm

I didn't realize we were playing a game. I didn't win anything......at least not yet. In the coming months and years we will find out if the citizens of B.C. have won a better life by electing a minority government. I think they will; you hope they won't.

That says more about you than the political parties you despise.
Cactusflower
Übergod

Liked in: 267 posts

Previous

Return to Bickering Room