New BC Legislative session opens today Sept 8

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: New BC Legislative session opens today Sept 8

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:The shock must have been greater than I thought, O.T. I don't know why you're so worried that Plecas isn't up to the job. After all, Linda Reid and Bill Barisoff before her set the bar pretty low.

Reading between the lines has never been your strong suit, but sour grapes is your specialty. The legislative assembly sits again on Monday, so I'm expecting to attend your whine and cheese party when they adjourn.

You're defending the bad behaviour of the BC Liberals, as usual, rustled. I'll bet Ben Stewart doesn't use half as many sour grapes in his Quail's Gate winery as there have been on this thread since Plecas became Speaker. I thought both Horgan and Weaver were very gracious in congratulating him on his taking on the role, and I wasn't in the least surprised to hear Coleman's bitter statements. He's always been a sore loser just like his pal Christy. I applaud Plecas for finally admitting he had been backing the wrong horse all along. He must have known what the reaction of those Faux-Liberals would be.

:1422:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

would be "disrespectful" and "dishonourable" to accept the position. "I would be hurting the Liberal party, in other words hurting the wishes of my constituents, and there's no way that's going to happen," ...
until he came to see how badly run the bclib party is and lets not forget he may be jumping a sinking ship. he might has insider info on what my come of some investigations :130:
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Some items from the throne speech:
Protection from hefty increases for renters and annual bus passes to people with disabilities as of next January were part of the list of promises.

The speech cites homelessness as an issue that would be tackled for residents in every region and notes the devastation from the worst wildfire season in the province's history.

"The circumstances that bring a person to homelessness can be as arbitrary and unexpected as a wildfire but it is no less devastating. Those without homes need and deserve our help," Guichon read from the speech.

The speech says the government will take on the issue of overdoses that killed 876 people between January and July, many of them as they were alone because they weren't aware of the risks of fentanyl-laced substances or couldn't get treatment.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/206136 ... one-speech
It will be interesting to see what action they're able to take on these items. There's already protection from the first item, so it seems a bit odd. Homelessness, wildfire and drug overdoses are pretty hefty issues.

How much they can get done will depend on keeping their alliance healthy, and I'm thinking the Green party will expect some action on some very doable items first. Easy items like turning off the pay-to-play tap.

Wonder what surprises we'll find in Monday's budget.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:until he came to see how badly run the bclib party is and lets not forget he may be jumping a sinking ship. he might has insider info on what my come of some investigations :130:

Why is the BC Lib party a sinking ship? They still have the most seats, more than the current party that is destroying our economy has.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

flamingfingers wrote:Why' are the Lib supporters getting their panties in a twist?

Who's getting in a twist?

I take it you don't grasp the double standards you embrace by being in support of this outcome.

I mean either you feel the Liberals are all bad, which is certainly the gist of a few thousands of posts I've read, or you only feel that way when they don't think the same way you do.

To MJ all BClibs are bad, but now all of a sudden, when it translates into a little breathing room for the GreenDP, it's all well and good to have one of those Liberal ne'er-do-wells take the position which stands for the highest level of ethics. LOL

Clearly you guys don't get how utterly hypocritical and contradictory your behavior is.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Plecas will probably do more good as a Speaker than he did as an obscure Lib backbencher.
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I wish to acknowledge the wisdom, culture and traditions of our province's First Peoples, and thank T'Sou-ke Elder Shirley Alphonse for providing opening prayers for us this afternoon.

We gather in the people's house, on the traditional territories of the Lekwungen speaking peoples, the Songhees and Esquimalt First Nations.
thats how ndp started the speech . with respect and indestanding. not the bigote drivel that spews from the other side for last 16 years . even our priminister could learn from mr horgan and his govt of people for all british columbians . its stark contrast from the we are going to shove pipelines and dams all over your land like it or not because our palms were greased
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

flamingfingers wrote:Plecas will probably do more good as a Speaker than he did as an obscure Lib backbencher.

Yes he will only for himself and what back door deal horgan made with him, enjoy the corrupt govt.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

What 'back door deal' alfie??
Chill
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The deal Plecas made with the NDP crooks in the back room. As always with the NDP, can't win in a fair fight, so they cheat, fib, and make back room deals.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

flamingfingers wrote:What 'back door deal' alfie??

What back door deal? [icon_lol2.gif]

Going through the back door is an NDP hallmark.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

OFF TOPIC
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 9th, 2017, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Return to “B.C.”