BC Libs let big oil write climate plan

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

BC Libs let big oil write climate plan

Post by maryjane48 »

Newly uncovered documents obtained through Freedom of Information requests reveal the cozy relationship between the fossil fuel industry and the last B.C. government went even further than suspected — all the way to inviting industry to directly craft the province’s climate “leadership” plan.

Let’s rewind for a second: back in the spring of 2015, then-premier Christy Clark announced the provincial government would create a new climate plan.

A 17-member climate leadership team was appointed and tasked with developing recommendations to meet B.C.’s greenhouse gas reduction targets. The government released the team’s recommendations in the fall of 2015 — allowing then-Premier Christy Clark head off to Paris for the December 2015 UN climate talks cloaked in the mantle of climate “leadership,” after four years of near-total inaction by her government.

https://www.desmog.ca/2017/09/17/b-c-s- ... -literally

whats next? we going to find out that site c was really a recomandation from the indepandant contractors ? oh wait it is :smt045
Cactusflower
Banned

Re: BC Libs let big oil write climate plan

Post by Cactusflower »

Cue the Desmog.ca detractors. If it weren't for Desmog and CBC, British Coludmbians would be similar to a crop of mushrooms.......kept in the dark and fed a daily diet of manure.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

Well I would rather have them write it than a bunch of left wing losers who live off the avails of working people.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Bc Libs let big oil write climate plan

Post by rustled »

Climate action plan. :swear: Thousands of people are dying annually from diesel pollution in first world countries, while thousands more are displaced by interface fires and predictable floods. Meanwhile, tens of thousands go without clean water and light and a reasonable means of heating their homes and cooking their food. And we're supposed to get all excited about who got input into wasting our resources battling the climate. But we're not going to talk about the pointlessness and waste, are we? It's all "Look, Christy Clark! RubberchickencorruptionLiberalarrogance!"
:cuss:

K. I'm going back to my timeout. :sleepdeprived:
Last edited by rustled on Sep 18th, 2017, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Mark5 wrote:Well I would rather have them write it than a bunch of left wing losers who live off the avails of working people.

Hmmm.......I was expecting "Desmog and CBC are a bunch of left wing losers who live off the a ails of working people." That's the usual type of comment posted by Postmedia readers who are unaware of the BC Liberal connection to Big Oil.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

rustled wrote:Climate action plan. :swear: Thousands of people are dying annually from diesel pollution in first world countries, while thousands more are displaced by interface fires and predictable floods. Meanwhile, tens of thousands go without clean water and light and a reasonable means of heating their homes and cooking their food. And we're supposed to get all excited about who got input into wasting our resources battling the climate. But we're not going to talk about the pointlessness and waste, are we? It's all "Look, Christy Clark! RubberchickencorruptionLiberalarrogance!"
:cuss:

K. I'm going back to my timeout. :sleepdeprived:

well when bctf helps write the ed7catiin laws i wont ex0ect any complaints from rightwing . its the same. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 19th, 2017, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:whats next? we going to find out that site c was really a recomandation from the indepandant contractors ? oh wait it is :smt045
The Site C dam, when/if completed, will provide clean energy. That's really why it was exempted from BCUC approval in the first place, i.e. because it was about creating clean energy and not just about the cost. It turns out that the cost is favourable when compared to other options as well but for those concerned about the environment and a climate plan Site C is the way to go.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

since you have no problems with big oil writing bclibs climate laws then you shouldnt have any problem with first nations deciding when and if dams get built on their land . other wise you might come across as anti first nations based on race :130:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Let's stay on topic which is about how the BC Liberals let big oil write the climate 'non-plan'. There is another Site C topic that has been debated since about 2013, and continues to be a hot topic.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:Let's stay on topic which is about how the BC Liberals let big oil write the climate 'non-plan'. There is another Site C topic that has been debated since about 2013, and continues to be a hot topic.
Site C is part of the "climate plan." That's the part that often gets missed (deliberately by some). When literally everything is about cronies, insiders, corruption, "cozying up" etc. people start to tune out. Something that benefits us all, e.g. Site C, is initiated but if it benefits a particular group in terms of profit we're told that the project is a result of "cozying up." We saw that during the Liberal years in government when a hospital was built and we were told was only built for cronies and party insiders. LOL. And consulting with the oil industry is a good thing, not a bad thing.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Does 'consulting with the oil industry' include holding fundraising dinners with CAPP in Calgary?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:Does 'consulting with the oil industry' include holding fundraising dinners with CAPP in Calgary?
I've wanted to see union/corporate fundraising banned for a long time. Having fun pretending only one side does it? Anyway, it's coming to an end but we'll see what the loopholes are.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Site C is part of the "climate plan." That's the part that often gets missed (deliberately by some). When literally everything is about cronies, insiders, corruption, "cozying up" etc. people start to tune out. Something that benefits us all, e.g. Site C, is initiated but if it benefits a particular group in terms of profit we're told that the project is a result of "cozying up." We saw that during the Liberal years in government when a hospital was built and we were told was only built for cronies and party insiders. LOL. And consulting with the oil industry is a good thing, not a bad thing.

like i said if you think its fine that clark let big oil write our climate plan an for kickbacks then yiu wont have a problem with bctif writing education law and first nations deciding when and where if a dam or mine gets built. :130:
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Guess its going to be like the NDP asking all the big unions to write up a new and fair labor plan :cuss: :200:
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Yup - desmog is a conspiracy theory outlet. 'Article" after "article' that they publish contains not more than 1/4 of the story and is spun into rubbish.

Populism and the spoils of ignorance.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”