Therapy dog shot by moron

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Therapy dog shot by moron

Post by Fancy »

I don't understand the name calling - diminishes any point one tries to make. CO's I've run across are decent people trying to do their job to the best of their ability and in trying circumstances.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

The problem being if it was on the west side Lucille lake wolf would be open and if he was on the east side wolf is closed.
yes, was misleading the way the media printed the story...the incident occurred on the east side of highway 99, MU 2-7

- Bingo, this is close to what happened. I know the hunter, spoke to him the day after the event. I will not comment on what little he said but the above scenario is a very good place to start. He was in 2-7 though so he ****ed up thinking he was getting a chance at a wolf.

Ok iam going to take this as the truth as its sounds logical however again this comes down to a responsible hunter needs to know exactly where hes at before bagging game the onus is 100% on his shoulders
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:... again this comes down to a responsible hunter needs to know exactly where hes at before bagging game the onus is 100% on his shoulders
No doubt there of course even though it's been acknowledged area 2-7 is fairly small, surrounded by open areas and no signage regarding boundaries. Tough one.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:
dontrump wrote:... again this comes down to a responsible hunter needs to know exactly where hes at before bagging game the onus is 100% on his shoulders
No doubt there of course even though it's been acknowledged area 2-7 is fairly small, surrounded by open areas and no signage regarding boundaries. Tough one.

U ever hunt? its very very very seldom one see,s marked hunting boundary's. you just have to really study maps and use gps to know where your at;its the law
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:U ever hunt? its very very very seldom one see,s marked hunting boundary's. you just have to really study maps and use gps to know where your at;its the law

Yes I hunt - no it's not a law to "use gps to know where your at". The info I posted was in the article.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I think he meant its the law to know where youre at as in hunting in the right region much like knowing what youre shooting at before pulling the trigger.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:
dontrump wrote:U ever hunt? its very very very seldom one see,s marked hunting boundary's. you just have to really study maps and use gps to know where your at;its the law

Yes I hunt - no it's not a law to "use gps to know where your at". The info I posted was in the article.

I said its the law as in "" to know the boundaries before you hunt in the wrong area"" tools available GPS hunting regulations with maps, certain points that mark certain points etc as said its the law
no where do I se where I said it was the law to use a gps etc
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Appropriately, close doesn't count.....nor should it, in the case of where you are hunting. If you pull the trigger, you should be darned sure what you are aiming at. That is pretty basic for firearm usage.

To say that some haven't learned this is an understatement. Especially those who crow the loudest about that they know all the facts and that the facts cannot be disputed.....and that they know all about hunting.

Good for a laugh though.

Signed by, apparently, a leaf licking hippie..... [icon_lol2.gif]
You and 71 others Like this post
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

If Abe Dougan can successfully get charges dropped after hunting sheep 18 KM into the Yukon, I'm sure this guy will get off as well. All the fool needs to do is hire the same lawyer. :smt045
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:I think he meant its the law to know where youre at as in hunting in the right region much like knowing what youre shooting at before pulling the trigger.

I know - would have used a sarcasm emoji if there was one. Just couldn't resist pointing out that's how he worded it. I love looking at the maps and read the regs often as I can't be dependent on someone else as to what the legalities are. I'm responsible for my own behaviour, no one else, and it is my job to know what area I'm in and what I can shoot.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Btfsplck wrote:If Abe Dougan can successfully get charges dropped after hunting sheep 18 KM into the Yukon, I'm sure this guy will get off as well. All the fool needs to do is hire the same lawyer. :smt045

the above post is a perfect example of people post completely untrue and or totally misconstrued story's on here ; the guy had the charges stayed by a judge whom said he was guilty but it happened 15 years ago and should have been in court years ago

One good example of how bad this guy is really:

He was also convicted in August 2014 in Yukon of wasting meat and hunting too soon after exiting a plane in 2011. He was fined $15,000 and banned from hunting and guiding there for 20 years. The law requires a six-hour wait after a non-scheduled flight to help protect wildlife from an unfair hunt.
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

^^^ That post was in jest. Sorry you took as serious. :135:
The whole story is upsetting.
Kelowner
Fledgling

Post by Kelowner »

Bottom line is - Was the hunter charged with anything? :up:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Kelowner wrote:Bottom line is - Was the hunter charged with anything? :up:

You are well aware of the current investigation.
Kelowner
Fledgling

Post by Kelowner »

Also not sure where I called out the CO's in this thread at all? If you follow the links in my previous post its quite clear I'm talking about the lady that own the dog.

Return to “B.C.”