Therapy dog shot by moron

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Therapy dog shot by moron

Post by dontrump »

SRK you are with out doubt 100% wrong on this whole ordeal
1) hunter never declared the dog was chasing deer
2) he said he thought it was a wolf(so what if it was)
3) not legal to shoot wolf in this area
4) back to #1 and lets say it was chasing deer, he clearly said he thought it was a wolf
5) back to #3 ;;not legal to shoot wolf
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

first off you and some others on here need to look into the diference between a dog at large and a dog off leash, second you should maybe take into account the fact that wolf hunting wasn't even open in that area I know the judge will, third theres that little issue of knowing what the fuch your looking at before pointing a high powered rife and pulling the trigger guess what the judge will take that into account as well. But yes of course its the dog owners fault, and I'm not prejudice in any way shape or form I hunt and have three dogs, this idiot is clearly in the wrong I'm guessing he didn't like a dog in HIS hunting area popped it not realizing the owner was right there and had no choice but to stay and cooperate.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

LTD wrote:first off you and some others on here need to look into the diference between a dog at large and a dog off leash, second you should maybe take into account the fact that wolf hunting wasn't even open in that area I know the judge will, third theres that little issue of knowing what the fuch your looking at before pointing a high powered rife and pulling the trigger guess what the judge will take that into account as well. But yes of course its the dog owners fault, and I'm not prejudice in any way shape or form I hunt and have three dogs, this idiot is clearly in the wrong I'm guessing he didn't like a dog in HIS hunting area popped it not realizing the owner was right there and had no choice but to stay and cooperate.

First off according to one contributor wolf hunting is open in that area, so someone is wrong.

Second depending on how far away a person is that breed of dog does resemble a wolf.

Third the dog owner erred on at least three counts compared to the hunter's one, something any judge worth their salt will also take into consideration, never mind that judges frown big time upon anyone they catch lying which she also did.

Fourth, by what stretch of the imagination exactly do you characterize 20 minutes arrival times as "the owner being right there"?

I love dogs too, but I think in this instance a few are allowing emotion to cloud the view a bit.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

this has nothing to do with emotion on my part it has to do with an idiot with a rifle shooting at things he shouldn't be he is the one that's wrong the fact that you cant see that says a fair bit, I have yet to see any reports that she has lied or that it took twenty minutes for her to get there, she has witnesses he doesn't, theres no wolf hunting where they were how much more do you need. hey on the up side at least hes still out there randomly shooting at things maybe he will get someone you know next :up:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The fact that you have to keep resorting to insults says a lot about you too.

Carry on with your self righteous indignation by all means.

I have a thick skin.

According to what I've read in this thread srk got some information watching a television interview in which things were said that aren't written in any of the links to stories.

srk wrote:Two sides to the story people.
The lady is a HUGE anti hunter to begin with.
Walking her dogs off leash in an active hunting area..
On TV interview she said the dog DID NOT have a collar nor leash on..( but put the collar on the dead dog for pictures) lied here as in all the other stories she says dog had collar on. Why the need to lie?
4 hours after the dog was shot, she made a go fund me page.
Interview with the hunter, he said the dog was alone and no one was around it in the middle of a clear cut off of the forestry road. The lady took 20 minutes before she even walked into the open cut where her dog was.This also contradicts the whole "shot the dog from ten feet away thing" which I haven't believed for a moment. Do you realize how much ten feet is? Heck the rifle would take up three of it.
Now she wants all hunting banned around Squamish.

My heart aches for the dog, don't get me wrong.
The hunter made a mistake BUT this lady is out to lunch.my feelings too.
Almost sounds like she purposely wanted to walk up there knowing hunters are there to stop them from hunting.
What a mess.

Lots of facts missing on the castanet adds. Yes you can hunt wolves there. Do not need a wolf tag. Only a hunting license. Which he had.

I rarely side with hunters but in this case.. I feel bad for him.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Queen K wrote: The news articles are saying wolf hunting was not legal there at this time of year. What else is there? No I don't understand "Region 2" but that's the beauty and strength of castanet, there are guys like you who are here to assist people to understand.

The incident took place in Management Unit 2-6.

WOLF 2-5, 2-6, 2-11 to 2-16 Sept 10 - Mar 31 3
2-5, 2-6, 2-11 to 2-16 Apr 1 - June 15 3

Oh, and not all hunters are law abiding. I could have taken some damning photos of discarded bear parts which were still wrapped in plastic and dumped on the side of Beaverdell Road up over Penticton. And I see poaching reports all the time. Not everyone is lawabiding, that's for sure.

Adrian Dix isn't law abiding, but you're happy to defend him til the cows come home.

There's nothing illegal about dumping inedible bear parts in the bush. The law broken there would be littering with the bags. Should have taken the bags home. Why didn't you clean it up?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

The hunter and the dogs owner both made mistakes, this really shouldn't be a debate on hunting laws.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:
Queen K wrote: The news articles are saying wolf hunting was not legal there at this time of year. What else is there? No I don't understand "Region 2" but that's the beauty and strength of castanet, there are guys like you who are here to assist people to understand.

The incident took place in Management Unit 2-6.

WOLF 2-5, 2-6, 2-11 to 2-16 Sept 10 - Mar 31 3
2-5, 2-6, 2-11 to 2-16 Apr 1 - June 15 3

Oh, and not all hunters are law abiding. I could have taken some damning photos of discarded bear parts which were still wrapped in plastic and dumped on the side of Beaverdell Road up over Penticton. And I see poaching reports all the time. Not everyone is lawabiding, that's for sure.

Adrian Dix isn't law abiding, but you're happy to defend him til the cows come home.

There's nothing illegal about dumping inedible bear parts in the bush. The law broken there would be littering with the bags. Should have taken the bags home. Why didn't you clean it up?

I know you mean this to be inflammatory, like upon reading this I'm supposed to explode with rage at you for even suggesting such an asinine thing, that I'm going to be handling rotting bear flesh, paws, blood, blow fly eggs and who knows what else -
sorta, "HOW COULD RWEDE SUGGEST SUCH A THING"! You're looking for the :swear: <---- right Rwede? If you put money down on a bet with somene that I would, you owe them.

In fact, we did look for ways to separate the parts from bloody saran wrap and bags and came up with bare hands or nothing. I chose nothing as I did not have a pair of latex gloves in my camera bag, something light enough to stash as I have a quality bag able to handle items such as gloves. Only I didn't have any that day.

Also, do find ONE post of mine defending Adrian Dix. Oh I see I have quite a few posts since 2007, so I'll save you time: there aren't any. Not one. So the cows can still range out over the hills. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

who cares if wolves could be hunted in region 2? the moron shot a dog. end of story. rwede and others want to defend the moron then let them . they just expose themselves as people with guns as opposed to a hunter . big diff between the 2 . hunters condem the fool. folks with guns think he didnt do anything wrong
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:who cares if wolves could be hunted in region 2? the moron shot a dog. end of story. rwede and others want to defend the moron then let them . they just expose themselves as people with guns as opposed to a hunter . big diff between the 2 . hunters condem the fool. folks with guns think he didnt do anything wrong
Actually a lot of people care that wolves are allowed to be hunted in that region one way or another. The hunter shot a dog that he mistook for a wolf and that's not the end of the story as there is an investigation taking place. Your next statements are confusing - people with guns as opposed to a hunter???? Quite a few hunters are not condemning the one that shot the dog by accident and many have commented on the fact that owning a dog that looks like a wolf should be protected by wearing high visibility gear.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Fancy wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:who cares if wolves could be hunted in region 2? the moron shot a dog. end of story. rwede and others want to defend the moron then let them . they just expose themselves as people with guns as opposed to a hunter . big diff between the 2 . hunters condem the fool. folks with guns think he didnt do anything wrong
Actually a lot of people care that wolves are allowed to be hunted in that region one way or another. The hunter shot a dog that he mistook for a wolf and that's not the end of the story as there is an investigation taking place. Your next statements are confusing - people with guns as opposed to a hunter???? Quite a few hunters are not condemning the one that shot the dog by accident and many have commented on the fact that owning a dog that looks like a wolf should be protected by wearing high visibility gear.

nothing confusing about it at all real hunters know what theyre shooting at before they pull the trigger end of story
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hunters have been known to make mistakes - they are people too. People take chances with a pet that is specifically bred to look like a wolf and then put that animal loose in an area where there is active hunting. Doesn't make sense to me and a pet lost his life. There's been another pet lost recently in the States and no doubt there will be others. It's up to the owners to take precautions to protect their pets knowing the possibilities. Does anyone even think about traplines?

RCMP advise that it is wise to put something bright on your dog so that it may be more easily identified. This is not the first time that a shooting of this nature has taken place in the province.

https://604now.com/therapy-dog-shot-squamish-hunter/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Its pretty obvious who the moron is.....

hey lets take our wolf dog out in the bush and let it run wild during hunting season....i mean really
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

dirtguy wrote:

Its pretty obvious who the moron is.....

hey lets take our wolf dog out in the bush and let it run wild during hunting season....i mean really

iam very much pretty certain that's not the situation that happened here;; the open crown land that one hunts on is also there for people to go out and run their dogs and have fun also ;;
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

dontrump wrote:iam very much pretty certain that's not the situation that happened here;; the open crown land that one hunts on is also there for people to go out and run their dogs and have fun also ;;

You are very much pretty certain? I am 100% certain that if one takes a wolf dog into into the bush during hunting season he or she at the very least should have a high vis vest on the dog, Do you not agree?
Last edited by ferri on Sep 26th, 2017, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote

Return to “B.C.”