Therapy dog shot by moron

ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Re: Therapy dog shot by moron

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Queen K wrote:Yes she did.

But the hunter was a moron for shooting a dog. A dog that looks nothing like a wolf.

https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/t/tamaskandog.htm

The Tamaskan Dog is a large working dog and as such has an athletic look to it. Similar in size to its cousin the German Shepherd, the Tamaskan has a wolf-like appearance with a thick coat and straight, bushy tail. It comes in three main colors of red-gray, wolf-gray and black-gray. Eyes are yellow through amber and brown, although light eyes are very rare.

http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breed-info/temperament.php

Tams can have a high prey drive so teaching them young not to chase animals will prevent them from straying far if they wander out of sight.

http://www.dogbreedplus.com/dog_breeds/tamaskan_dog.php

The Tamaskan was bred to look like wolves with notable lupine appearance.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was thinking more like this. The dog didn't look like this type. Or the black wolf in Banff National Park.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Rwede wrote:Dogs can be off leash when pursuing game in accordance with the Hunting Regulations.

Dogs cannot be off leash and at large pursuing or hunting (aka "searching" as defined in the Wildlife Act) outside the Hunting Regulations.

The woman in question was not a licensed hunter, yet her dog was running free in a wildlife area. Therefore, she was breaking the law allowing her dog to roam free outside the Hunting Regulations.

it clearly states that she was out running with her dog the fact that some of you are able to summons the limited mental capacity to try and blame the dog owner whos dog was shot ten feet from her is beyond disturbing, they wouldn't have to bother charging him if it was my dog he would be dead already, sadly theres a lot of incompetent people out there calling themselves "hunters".
and she wasn't breaking any law to even make such a comment is complete ignorance
srk

Post by srk »

Jaylegger wrote:srk, I've been searching but can't find any info on this except for what was posted 3 days ago and repeated for 2 days since. Curious about the source of your info. Her story sounded like BS to me a couple days ago and would like to know if your info is published somewhere or more local "in the know" type info.

thanks,

I`ll do some digging to find it, I got all the details and info from a FB group posting it out, but it got outta hand and the admins took down the posts. I`ll see if I can find it all again!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

dontrump wrote:All I know is if this was me and it was my dog the SOB whom shot him would be in a world of hurt That I guarantee
this guy does not deserve to be or be called a hunter ,the guys a out and out brain dead moron whom in my opinion murdered a dog in cold blood and that's a fact based on the original story
the guy should be fined and relieved of his hunting license ;; we just do not need people like this *bleep* in todays society
this Dog owner was in no way in any wrong what so ever
:swear:

Clearly you are simply reading into this what you wish to situation to be. You're wrong as evidenced by your refusal to recognize the multiple things the dog owner was in the wrong on, not to mention lack of good judgment she displayed.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Why is the hunter described as a "trophy hunter" in this petition? Is that accurate?

Dramatic effect to increase chances of winning over the bleeding hearts no doubt.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:https://www.change.org/p/sea-to-sky-residents-create-a-no-shooting-no-hunting-zone-along-highway-99-between-squamish-whistler/nftexp/ex5/v3/791907046?recruiter=791907046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_term=autopublish&utm_content=ex5%3Av3

Sign the Petition please.

To prevent further hunting accidents of course.

You guys in? :biggrin:

Why is the hunter described as a "trophy hunter" in this petition? Is that accurate?

I have no idea if that is accurate or not. I saw this petition on my friends page and decided to see what everyone thinks. :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Old Techie wrote:
dontrump wrote:All I know is if this was me and it was my dog the SOB whom shot him would be in a world of hurt That I guarantee
this guy does not deserve to be or be called a hunter ,the guys a out and out brain dead moron whom in my opinion murdered a dog in cold blood and that's a fact based on the original story
the guy should be fined and relieved of his hunting license ;; we just do not need people like this *bleep* in todays society
this Dog owner was in no way in any wrong what so ever
:swear:

Clearly you are simply reading into this what you wish to situation to be. You're wrong as evidenced by your refusal to recognize the multiple things the dog owner was in the wrong on, not to mention lack of good judgment she displayed.

The only bad judgement she displayed is the fact she failed to realize there are people out there with valid hunting licences and guns that would easly fail a IQ test of 50 ;; as displayed by this DA so called hunter; Yyou people that are blaming or trying to blame this female Dog owner are akin to people whom say a women got raped because she walked around dressed provocatively
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

^^ Yeah yeah, like I said you only see what you want to see to support your viewpoint.

For someone who is avidly involved in the anti hunter cause, she would be far better versed in regulations pertaining to hunting than regular folk, yet she still broke and or ignored a number of things pertaining to this situation, not to mention then took it upon herself to lie about what happened, as it's been determined she was nowhere near the animal when it got shot, despite her claim of being only ten feet away.

Think what you want. She's a liar and her word is worth nothing in the credibility department.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Old Techie wrote:^^ Yeah yeah, like I said you only see what you want to see to support your viewpoint.

For someone who is avidly involved in the anti hunter cause, she would be far better versed in regulations pertaining to hunting than regular folk, yet she still broke and or ignored a number of things pertaining to this situation, not to mention then took it upon herself to lie about what happened, as it's been determined she was nowhere near the animal when it got shot, despite her claim of being only ten feet away.

Think what you want. She's a liar and her word is worth nothing in the credibility department.

Being pro hunting doesn't mean excusing poor practices. My family hunts and I'm an aspiring hunter myself. I'm firmly pro hunting. I also believe that being a hunter means taking on the responsibility of being an ethical hunter. That means knowing what you're shooting before pulling the trigger or releasing the arrow.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Old Techie wrote:^^ Yeah yeah, like I said you only see what you want to see to support your viewpoint.

Ok so lets just say your 100% correct on the situation;; What ethical and or moral right did this *bleep* so called hunter
the right to kill a beautiful animal such as this dog ? I think that's more the point than she,s wrong, its her fault etc etc etc
there was ZERO reason to simply shoot this dog and that's the point of this whole debate :swear:
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Ok lets say shes a liar and shes a bad bad women and everything else some want others to think. SO WHAT: what gives this useless *bleep* of a so called Hunter the right to shoot a beautiful innocent animal such as this dog
Hes absolutely 100% at fault and entirely wrong and should have his hunting privileges suspended and fined and Made to pay the replacement cost of this dog which I will assume is not cheap
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

JLives wrote:Being pro hunting doesn't mean excusing poor practices. My family hunts and I'm an aspiring hunter myself. I'm firmly pro hunting. I also believe that being a hunter means taking on the responsibility of being an ethical hunter. That means knowing what you're shooting before pulling the trigger or releasing the arrow.

I wasn't there for one thing and assume that you weren't either so there are things we don't know and can only speculate, while others we can piece together from the information that has come out.

I'm not excusing anything, but as I say we weren't there so who's to say that the animal in question wasn't stalking or chasing down a deer, a distinct possibility given that of all the dogs she was out with this one was off on its own, in which case as a licensed hunter he would be well within his rights to shoot it be it wolf or dog according to regulations.

I'm nowhere near as involved with animals as this woman seems to be, yet am definitely smart enough to either not take my animals into an active hunting area (the smartest approach in my opinion), or if determined to do so against better judgment, then at least I'd put a visible vest on the animal and myself, and I'd keep it on a leash as required also.

This dog owner is the one who broke all sorts of rules, yet a bunch are still in here blindly defending her it seems, out of what I suspect is purely love of animals and sympathy for the lost dog which I totally understand, not to mention I feel the dog got the raw deal here. This doesn't change the fact that the dog owner put the animal in harms way in the first place.

Had she behaved as a non self entitled, but rather a responsible dog owner, that poor animal would still be alive today.

She screwed up, and then decided to turn things around, and use her own poor judgments outcome, to further her anti hunting agenda. That's what this smells like in its totality.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

A hunter can not shoot a domestic animal ; You have to be a officer of law to shoot any domestic animal caught molesting wildlife ;;;;; some of you simply want to keep Blaming the women here? The only bad person here is the person whom(his story I don't believe it) shot the dog because he thought it was a wolfe ;; well its actually illegal for him to do either unless his life or well being was in eminent danger by said animal
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

^^ Spoken as if by someone who thinks they understand all the laws, yet ultimately does not.

Also someone who has opted to disregard some of the information already posted in this thread, regarding what is and is not legal to do, as in that little tidbit about a domestic animal being allowed to be shot by a conservation officer, or licensed hunter, if it's deemed to be after wildlife.

Return to “B.C.”