Therapy dog shot by moron

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Therapy dog shot by moron

Post by maryjane48 »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3757033/thera ... -squamish/

cant call this fool a hunter as trophy hunting a wolf is disgusting and not knowing what it is exactly your shooting is criminal
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Therapy dog shot by moron

Post by Fancy »

Sgt. Simon Gravel said the shooter misidentified the species while hunting for deer on Crown land.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#206989
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

From 10 ft away?

Criminal. And since the dog was near a person, discharging the firearm was even more criminal.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

If you can't identify between and wolf (dog) and a deer, you should NEVER, EVER be allowed hunting guns or license AGAIN!! A huge fine, confiscating of guns would be a good FIRST step.
Chill
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

This man should spend a month dancing at 180 yds on a driving range, and then be sentenced !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Moron about sums it up. Worst part of this is that he's only going to get a slap on the wrist. :cuss:
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 5th, 2017, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I would shoot this idiot just because he will eventually shoot someone by accident
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

No charges - are you kidding me? What kind of idiot goes wandering around in the woods just looking for something, anything to shoot? He should be banned from owning firearms for life. You really have wonder about the psychological makeup of someone who shoots an animal for the fun of it. This is the kind of person who shoots someone and then claims that he thought it was a deer. What a useless POS.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Unfortunate incident and mistakes do happen. Sounds like the fellow who shot the dog stuck around and was cooperative.

A good example of why you keep your dog on a leash in the bush.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I wonder what sort of price tag a trained therapy dog carries these days? I mean, I know it's crass to reduce life to dollars and cents but a financial loss has been incurred. Maybe some sort of alternative arrangement replaced the criminal charge option, something that would serve as an equally effective deterrent against similar behavior in the future? Something of the "Get your cheque book out buddy" variety? Just wondering.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The owner was right there. And he shot his gun? There should be charges "gross disregard for human life."

And yes, pay for a new therapy dog.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

fluffy wrote:I wonder what sort of price tag a trained therapy dog carries these days? I mean, I know it's crass to reduce life to dollars and cents but a financial loss has been incurred. Maybe some sort of alternative arrangement replaced the criminal charge option, something that would serve as an equally effective deterrent against similar behavior in the future? Something of the "Get your cheque book out buddy" variety? Just wondering.

Depending on the type of therapy dog the cost can range from $5,000 for owner trained (with the help of certified trainers as needed and passing all applicable courses) up to $20,000+ for a professionally trained dog.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This as :cuss: hole should lose all of his firearms + hunting license for life, for being a blind :cuss: ing idiot.
As well replace the therapy dog
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A hunter shot the dog at close range, thinking it was a wolf, Calderoni said. Kaoru was a Tamaskan dog, a breed that looks similar to wolves.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... -wolf.html
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”