PRH Taking Shape Despite NDP Supporter Claims!

Urban Cowboy
Guru

PRH Taking Shape Despite NDP Supporter Claims!

Post by Urban Cowboy »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#207010

Looks to me like this is progressing quite well, at least for a project that a couple of NDP faithful suggested wasn't happening a while back.

Must have been just more NDP fan sponsored fake news. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
seewood
Guru

Re: PRH Taking Shape Despite NDP Supporter Claims!

Post by seewood »

I wonder though, how long will it be before the tower is used. Remember the tower and Van. General? Built and after lord knows how many years still many floors not occupied. As budget allowed the floors filled up.
I suppose we'll have an answer in a few years.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Old Techie wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-207010-21-.htm#207010

Looks to me like this is progressing quite well, at least for a project that a couple of NDP faithful suggested wasn't happening a while back.

i never saw anyone on the ndp saying health care was good enough but i did see lots of bclib supporters saying just that . *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 20th, 2017, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:
Old Techie wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-207010-21-.htm#207010

i never saw anyone on the ndp saying health care was good enough but i did see lots of bclib supporters saying just that . *removed*

LOL. Many of us recall with merriment the NDP supporter/troll who absolutely insisted the only reason shovels had just begun to scratch the dirt at PRH immediately before the election at PRH was because an election was imminent. No amount of facts could dissuade him from his bitter delusion that nothing had been happening until then. Ah, me, the jolly times we had imagining this Mr. Magoo driving Penticton's streets for months on end, utterly oblivious to any sign anything had been accomplished during the Liberal's tenure, and then sitting for weeks on end at his keyboard, insisting work couldn't have begun on the tower until he, personally, happened to notice one of the massive cranes (which had also arrived months before he noticed it.) Such fun.

Since you've brought it up, perhaps you can explain how the NDP intends to address health care not being good enough?

Never mind, it's hardly on topic. Well, perhaps it is. To date their plan consists of building more hospitals. [icon_lol2.gif]
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:LOL. Many of us recall with merriment the NDP supporter/troll who absolutely insisted the only reason shovels had just begun to scratch the dirt at PRH immediately before the election at PRH was because an election was imminent. No amount of facts could dissuade him from his bitter delusion that nothing had been happening until then. Ah, me, the jolly times we had imagining this Mr. Magoo driving Penticton's streets for months on end, utterly oblivious to any sign anything had been accomplished during the Liberal's tenure, and then sitting for weeks on end at his keyboard, insisting work couldn't have begun on the tower until he, personally, happened to notice one of the massive cranes (which had also arrived months before he noticed it.) Such fun.

Since you've brought it up, perhaps you can explain how the NDP intends to address health care not being good enough?

Never mind, it's hardly on topic. Well, perhaps it is. To date their plan consists of building more hospitals. [icon_lol2.gif]

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

rustled wrote:Many of us recall with merriment the NDP supporter/troll who absolutely insisted the only reason shovels had just begun to scratch the dirt at PRH immediately before the election at PRH was because an election was imminent.

Link?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

36Drew wrote:
rustled wrote:Many of us recall with merriment the NDP supporter/troll who absolutely insisted the only reason shovels had just begun to scratch the dirt at PRH immediately before the election at PRH was because an election was imminent.

Link?

Sure! You'll need to search the archived BC Elections forum. I used PRH to track this down. It began earlier than this, but I can't recall which thread he actually started it in:
by lasnomadas » Apr 30th, 2017, 11:55 am
Here's what's been happening at the Penticton Hospital:

Over 4 years ago, while on the campaign trail, Christy rode into Penticton to announce that the long-awaited construction of a new tower would be starting immediately after the 2013 election.

For 4 years, the residents of the South Okanagan, along with the RDOS have been donating funds toward this tower, but the provincial government has ignored it until just a few weeks prior to the 2017 election, when suddenly, two big cranes arrive on the scene and some foundation work begins.

Let's see how many Penticton residents are duped by the BC Liberal Party once again.
viewtopic.php?f=112&t=72432&start=30

It did no good to point this poster in the direction of ample evidence contrary to his beliefs, such as an October news story, with crane plainly visible in the background and the full story on how long it took to build a foundation for said crane, and more:
http://www.osoyoostimes.com/huge-crane- ... -to-begin/
No, although he regularly drove by the hospital, he hadn’t seen any sign anything was happening until suddenly, just a few weeks prior to the election, a crane appeared. And because he hadn't seen it, nothing had been happening. No planning, no site prep, nothing. Instead of saying "my mistake, how time does fly", he stood by his assertion to the bitter end.

It was funny, but kinda sad, too.

But mostly funny.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

And of let's not forget the months of design and specification proceeding any site work.
Thousands spent on architects, engineering, financing, and management planing.
I bet the ball started rolling 2-3 years ago.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

Return to “B.C.”