New Health Authority Board Chairs

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: New Health Authority Board Chairs

Post by maryjane48 »

spending money like the bclibs did with no clear plan is negligent and waste of money . the health care in bc is a joke of what it was and is a embarrasment for 1 world country.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

I think this may have been seen by the NDP as a smart move, I think their first thought was likely to appoint Mr Jim Sinclair to the LRB, but they instead thought the Health Authority was a little more under the radar.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Queen K wrote:Retrosnap, you sound very frustrated with me today. Is that my imagination? How long before a similar appointment happens to IH? :popcorn:

Only frustrated when someone who should know better justifies bad behaviour on one side because the other does if too.

But this isn't about you or me. It's about blatant patronage into an area he had no business being in.

As for IH, it's already happened.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#207255

This morning, 3 right leaning board members were replaced by two doctors and a union organizer. The board is now balanced left to right, urban to rural and indigenous. But unlike Fraser health, the incoming chair is a doctor.

Health Care isn't a good area to wait and see. Board decisions can have wide reaching effects that can last for years.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Just pointing out a couple of things. Christy Clark and the Liberals filled up the boards of directors of the health authorities with friends and like minded people. The board of directors are $20,000 - $28,000 part time jobs , not the big $$ managers and executives. Adding a few people with actual medical knowledge seems ok. Adding a few pro union folks to offset the pro privitization folks who are already there is good for the taxpayer. Had this happened a couple of years ago , we wouldn't be paying a contractor double to do a substandard job on IHA Laundry.

Return to “B.C.”