Taxpayer funding political parties is Horgan's gift to Libs

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Taxpayer funding political parties is Horgan's gift to L

Post by Cactusflower »

Keep googling. You'll find news articles even further back than that 40+ year old one you found in the Province. Flying Phil and his family's connection to property proposed for highway development, Wacky's son, Bill (also a B.C.Premier) being convicted of insider trading, Campbell's sale of BC Rail, his involvement in the double homicide/suicide in Kamloops, his flip-flop on the HST that finally was his undoing (I could list dozens more, even throw in the drunk driving fiasco, but I think you catch my drift).

Please come back when you've read a few of those Socred/BC Liberal scandals. There's no point in showing only one party's boondoggles.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Cactusflower wrote:Please come back when you've read a few of those Socred/BC Liberal scandals. There's no point in showing only one party's boondoggles.
Sure there is. 2 sides to the argument, both bring to the table.

You should find somebody on your side capable of presenting a documented argument to even things out though.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Cactusflower wrote:Please come back when you've read a few of those Socred/BC Liberal scandals. There's no point in showing only one party's boondoggles.

You're right in the fact there were no shortage of screw up with the Liberals.( probably more than I have fingers and toes) The HST, which being a small bus. owner liked, but was very poorly handled for example.
Saying that though, somehow the Libs managed to have this province shine in employment, jobs and balanced budgets,( surplus's ) even in the downturn in 2008-09. They had a plan after being elected and somehow managed to keep things going.
This government by comparison has dropped the ball big time in their policies and I use that word policies loosely.( using the Liberals budget? ) As mentioned by those much more astute than me in politics, this NDG group are making policy that appears to be ill thought out and studying things where data already exists.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/207520 ... n-politics

looks the bclibs were giving partys same amount in tax breaks as ndp have proposed . big difference is no palm greasing to go along with it. so really it was all just a red herring for the bclibs to cry foul. if anything we should be holding the bclibs to task for their malfesance on this issue . i saw few bclibers say they would do that so lets see if it was lip service or not :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:There's no point in showing only one party's boondoggles.

I'll remember this after the next NDP boondoggle (and there's always another one coming around the corner) and instead of talking about it the NDP sheep are bleating about the BC Liberals.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

seewood wrote: and studying things where data already exists.

it's the NDP model - line as many crony pockets as possible, delay as long as possible, and then do nothing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I have a feeling that if we just sit back and wait for the February budget, the parrots of the President of the BCLP Fan Club will suddenly disappear back into the woodwork. How much more proof do they need before they realize we've been fleeced for years by the BC Liberals, and without a change in government, we'd still be getting fleeced?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:I have a feeling that if we just sit back and wait for the February budget, the parrots of the President of the BCLP Fan Club will suddenly disappear back into the woodwork. How much more proof do they need before they realize we've been fleeced for years by the BC Liberals, and without a change in government, we'd still be getting fleeced?
The subject of this thread refers to Horgan lying to voters and not taking big money out of political fundraising. And here you are insulting the Liberals and those who don't want the NDP in power. As an NDP partisan you support what Horgan did, both the lying and the policy itself, but most voters aren't happy about it at all. Anyway, like it or not that's the subject of the thread so I suggest you get stick to that subject.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Cactusflower wrote:I have a feeling that if we just sit back and wait for the February budget, the parrots of the President of the BCLP Fan Club will suddenly disappear back into the woodwork. How much more proof do they need before they realize we've been fleeced for years by the BC Liberals, and without a change in government, we'd still be getting fleeced?

yes well who is to say the bclibs did not know . :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i would suggest that this thread is meaningless in light of the bclibs being exposed as hypocrites yet again. it is clear now that this move by horgan has not cost the tax payers any more than the bclibs handed out . its exactly the same
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The topic is much broader than you like to admit. MJ provided a link that was on this very news outlet. It pertains to this topic, and I was commenting on that.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

and when will the NDP Fan Clubbers/sheep admit that even with a change of government, we are still getting fleeced? Even worse than with the Liberals?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The NDP hasn't been in office long enough for us to know whether we're going to get fleeced or not. As usual, your partisanship is interfering with your common sense. Try reading a little less Baldrey, and a little more from journalists who don't work for Postmedia.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It isn't a partisan issue. Or should not be. Taxpayer funding of political apparatchiks - regardless of party - is just plain unethical and wrong.

A solid and well thought out taxpayer funding of elections that excludes big money and outside interests I could stomach. But I haven't figured out how to do that yet - close, but social media and social media paid trolls and the provocateur false flag "organizations" etc. would be hard to tackle.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:The NDP hasn't been in office long enough for us to know whether we're going to get fleeced or not. .

What the hell are you talking about??? Of course we are already being fleeced!!! The bridge tolls???? The idiotic plan to steal money from the government to give to political parties?????? Joy McFAIL and Jim Sinclair being pork barreled into positions at organizations that they have no idea how to run? Are you really being serious right now?????

Return to “B.C.”